Results 1 to 13 of 13
  1. #1

    • :)
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Matterhorn, 5th floor.
    Posts
    1,592

    Trapped On The Island!

    The other day I decided "Hey why not check out Pirate Lair, I've got a little extra time on my hands", so I waited for one minute to get on the raft and head to TSI...There was only one running but that didn't bother me...

    Until it was time to come back, The line to return was insane at this point...I must have been on the island for a while because now the line was insane! Atleast 5 rafts, wrapped all the way along the edge..anyways, after 1 raft I noticed the line wasn't moving at all..One of the rafts was stuck in the middle of the Island, I'm not sure if because of this both of them couldn't move, but it was stuck, It wouldn't even float, or drift to the other side, I'm not sure if this is because the other raft was there and they we're trying to prevent this or what..

    It seriously took forever so I gave my place up in line and continued to relax on the island...I found a nice bench and went on MiceChat mobile..When I returned 45 minutes later the line was down to 30 people so it wasn't a problem..but does anybody know what was wrong?

  2. #2

    • Comin' at ya!
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Encino, California
    Posts
    3,205

    Re: Trapped On The Island!

    They were trying to keep you there and make you a permenant part of the place.
    "Pain is temporary, Film is Forever..."

    http://www.youtube.com/user/DisneyDude




  3. #3

    • Kenny the Pirate
    • Offline

    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    598

    Re: Trapped On The Island!

    When the first one got stuck they are both stuck since they share the same path.
    Kenny the Pirate
    AKA Bad Mood t' Blackhearted
    Disney Dream Job Pirate Winner 2007
    Full WDW character and show schedules: www.kennythepirate.com
    Follow my adventures on twitter: www.twitter.com/kennypirate

  4. #4

    • :)
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Matterhorn, 5th floor.
    Posts
    1,592

    Re: Trapped On The Island!

    Quote Originally Posted by kennygman77 View Post
    When the first one got stuck they are both stuck since they share the same path.
    That's what I figured..But i thought if one could float out of the way the other one could proceed to allow guests to return to civilization

  5. #5

    • Minion
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    2,891

    Re: Trapped On The Island!

    Quote Originally Posted by Zeus View Post
    The other day I decided "Hey why not check out Pirate Lair, I've got a little extra time on my hands", so I waited for one minute to get on the raft and head to TSI...There was only one running but that didn't bother me...

    Until it was time to come back, The line to return was insane at this point...I must have been on the island for a while because now the line was insane! Atleast 5 rafts, wrapped all the way along the edge..anyways, after 1 raft I noticed the line wasn't moving at all..One of the rafts was stuck in the middle of the Island, I'm not sure if because of this both of them couldn't move, but it was stuck, It wouldn't even float, or drift to the other side, I'm not sure if this is because the other raft was there and they we're trying to prevent this or what..

    It seriously took forever so I gave my place up in line and continued to relax on the island...I found a nice bench and went on MiceChat mobile..When I returned 45 minutes later the line was down to 30 people so it wasn't a problem..but does anybody know what was wrong?
    Apparently you got involved in the unannounced trial runs of the new Pirate Hostage Taking variation of the show.

    They'll probably be reworking it in view of the results ...

  6. #6

    • 88 mph
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Irvine, CA 10 miles from DL
    Posts
    808

    Re: Trapped On The Island!

    Quote Originally Posted by Zeus View Post
    The other day I decided "Hey why not check out Pirate Lair, I've got a little extra time on my hands", so I waited for one minute to get on the raft and head to TSI...There was only one running but that didn't bother me...

    Until it was time to come back, The line to return was insane at this point...I must have been on the island for a while because now the line was insane! Atleast 5 rafts, wrapped all the way along the edge..anyways, after 1 raft I noticed the line wasn't moving at all..One of the rafts was stuck in the middle of the Island, I'm not sure if because of this both of them couldn't move, but it was stuck, It wouldn't even float, or drift to the other side, I'm not sure if this is because the other raft was there and they we're trying to prevent this or what..

    It seriously took forever so I gave my place up in line and continued to relax on the island...I found a nice bench and went on MiceChat mobile..When I returned 45 minutes later the line was down to 30 people so it wasn't a problem..but does anybody know what was wrong?
    What a complainer. You can always swim across. Sheesh. WHine WHine WHINE!


    "Impossible is just a big word thrown around by small men who find it easier to live in the world they've been given than to explore the power they have to change it. Impossible is not a fact. It's an opinion. Impossible is not a declaration. It's a dare. Impossible is potential. Impossible is temporary... Impossible is nothing."
    -Adidas
    Quote Originally Posted by KISSman View Post
    In the grand scope of life, there's nothing actually cool about being knowledgeable about an amusement park.

  7. #7

    • .
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    3,923

    Re: Trapped On The Island!

    Columbia might have been crossing. It backs out of Fowler's sometime during that hour.

  8. #8

    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    637

    Re: Trapped On The Island!

    Quote Originally Posted by Jeronius View Post
    What a complainer. You can always swim across. Sheesh. WHine WHine WHINE!
    Whadda ya mean, "swim"? He could have just waded . . .

    Not only that, but jeez, he's Zeus, fer cryin' out loud. Couldn't he just have floated on over or something? I mean, what's the point in being a Greek god if you don't do anything with the power?

  9. #9

    • :)
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Matterhorn, 5th floor.
    Posts
    1,592

    Re: Trapped On The Island!

    My powers are useless on that Island.

  10. #10

    • Minion
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    2,891

    Re: Trapped On The Island!

    Quote Originally Posted by KDR View Post
    Whadda ya mean, "swim"? He could have just waded . . .

    Not only that, but jeez, he's Zeus, fer cryin' out loud. Couldn't he just have floated on over or something? I mean, what's the point in being a Greek god if you don't do anything with the power?
    The Greek god franchise has been diluted by passage through so many generations that you can't even get free admission to the Acropolis with it now.

  11. #11

    • Mickey Mouse Slave
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    859

    Re: Trapped On The Island!

    Quote Originally Posted by Zeus View Post
    My powers are useless on that Island.
    wheres your friend posidon, im sure he would help you a lot

    I cant seem to figure out if there is actually a rail for the rafts... because it crosses paths with Columbia and Mark Twain... Someone fill me in?
    ~ A Cute, Little, Fuzzy, Silly, and Chubby Cast Member ~

  12. #12

    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Near enough to disneyland to love the fireworks...
    Posts
    256

    Re: Trapped On The Island!

    The bilge pump was failing on one of the rafts. It was having a hard time making it back to the dock because it was taking on water. That raft was decommissioned for the rest of the day.

  13. #13

    • Banned User
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Trenchtown
    Posts
    946

    Re: Trapped On The Island!

    Quote Originally Posted by Duffy View Post
    wheres your friend posidon, im sure he would help you a lot
    Poseidon was busy over in Long Beach flipping over the Queen Mary.

Similar Threads

  1. 2 Guest Trapped In Monorail Nose Cone
    By Rick_A_Mortis in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 31
    Last Post: 06-23-2007, 10:35 PM
  2. Trapped in the Park!!!
    By HartAttack in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 48
    Last Post: 02-16-2007, 10:50 AM
  3. Trapped in Timon
    By shark_hugger in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 07-07-2005, 08:26 PM
  4. If you were trapped.....
    By monorail_rider in forum MiceChat Main Lounge
    Replies: 33
    Last Post: 03-03-2005, 01:19 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •