Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

• Christmastime for Rocker

Blog Entries

Re: What is your favorite non DLR hotel in Anaheim?

The Embassy Suites in Anaheim. Free breakfast in the morning, plus an Outback Steakhouse and a Red Robin's nearby.

• Minion

Not all the hotels in Garden Grove have thier own shuttles, many use the ART.

Hotels that I know have their own shuttle...not ART are:
    Candy Cane Inn (Alos has a great free breakfast)
    Hyatt Regency Garden Grove (no breakfast, but a Starbucks in the lobby) and Crown Plaza Garden Grove share a shuttle. It is very reliable and it has a wheelchair lift, which many shuttles don't have.

I am pretty sure that the Sheraton hotels have their own shuttle and I think I've seen a Double Tree shuttle too.

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Arizona's own

Blog Entries

The Crowne Plaza and Hyatt have their own free shuttles not ART. We have not stayed at the Hyatt yet but the Crowne Plaza does have a buffet breakfast for $$ and a little coffee stand that does have fruit and muffins. I like the Crowne's sleep system (comfy beds with high quality bedding, relaxing CD, scent for your pillow, eyemask and ear plugs). Outside adjacent to there parking lot is a Red Robin, Joe's Crab Shack, and another place that I cannot think of right now.

• Directly directed

The Hilton at the Convention Center. While I hate supporting the Hilton empire, we've always stayed there for $79 a night with our AAA discount and that is just a really good price. And you can walk to the park. Unless there's a convention going on. Then the Hyatt's good too, they always have free candy in the lobby.

• Circle of Ancients

Quote Originally Posted by sueb View Post

Which one's have you not tried so far? And I'm curious which ones you loved.

We've not tried the Camelot Inn and Suites yet and that's the one we're thinking of staying at on our next visit. I just didn't mention it because I wanted to see if anyone else brought it up as one of the ones they like ....and a few people did! I'd also been thinking about the Castle Inn and Suites , but changed my mind and now I'm glad I did since several people have mentioned it as one of the hotels they don't like.

We have to go with a hotel that has suites because of the number of people in our party and I want a good one within walking distance of the park. Free breakfast is nice too.

I've stayed at Hojos and like a lot of things about it, but they don't have suites or free breakfasts . I 've also stayed at the Best Western Raffles and the suites there were pretty nice, breakfast was included and the price was very good, but it's not within walking distance .

I love the Embassy Suites and would stay there even though it's not within walking distance but they don't have rooms available on the dates we're going. I also love the Sheraton Anaheim, the Sheraton Park , the Marriott and the Crowne Plaza, but they don't have suites and aren't within walking distance.

We were also pretty impressed with the Carousel Inn which is directly across the street from DL and has suites, but again, no availability on the dates we're going.

Thanks for all the info everyone ....hopefully it's helping others besides me to make hotel decisions also! : )
    Last edited by Princess Buttercup; 07-11-2007 at 08:37 AM.

• Circle of Ancients

Quote Originally Posted by SCUBAbe View Post
    all the hotels down further on harbor in garden grove have free shuttles.

I think a lot of the hotels now charge for the shuttles or have the guests use the public transit system and it can get pretty costly if you have a lot of people in your group. But I'm not sure which ones do and which ones don't...It's probably a good question to ask when making the reservation.

When I was there with my church youth group, it was cheaper overall for us to take three cars and park in the parking structure, especially since my car was free because of my AP .

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Arizona's own

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Princess Buttercup View Post
    I think a lot of the hotels now charge for the shuttles or have the guests use the public transit system and it can get pretty costly if you have a lot of people in your group.

When I was there with my church youth group, it was cheaper overall for us to take three cars and park in the parking structure, especially since my car was free because of my AP .
    Crowne Plaza and the Hyatt have their own private free shuttle. It picks up at the Hyatt first and then the Crowne and then drops off Hyatt first. It is usually a big white bus that is very comfy and clean.

• missing the DisneyGallery

The worst is the Hilton. Desperately in need of a refurb/update. I felt like I was walking into 1983.

When attractions were original

• Minion

Absolute, hands down favorite is Residence Inn Maingate (on Clementine.) We would be staying there this trip, but wanted to stay in the View Suite at teh Carousel!
    If you see a cute yellow lab puppy with a yellow cape, WAVE! It might be us! (Or it may be someone else that lurks here!) Thank you for asking before you pet! Next trip, Dec 22-Jan 3rd.

Quote Originally Posted by Hakuna Makarla View Post
    I am going to add to this question if you do not mind Anne........ any one you all liked that had there own shuttle service along with free breakfasts ? ( does not have to have free breakfasts if there is a resturant in the building or near it ) ( does not have to be in or near the park )
    Candy Cane. Candy Cane. Candy Cane
    Gawrsh !!

• I Love Disneyland!!

Quote Originally Posted by PrincessY View Post
    Hyatt. Most comfortable beds. You have to take a shuttle, but that always gave us a break from the heat/crowds. Quiet place.
    I have to say that this is just not true!!
    I have stayed at the Hyatt and their beds are just OK.

You have to stay at the Hampton Inn (I think it is actually named the Garden Grove Hampton Inn and Suites). Its right on Harbor just before you get to the Hyatt. They have THE BEST BEDS in all of Anaheim!! They are completely white with fluffy duvets and lots of great pillows (not just one per person) ... there are about 5-6 pillows per bed. When you get in, you will not want to get out until check out at Noon! The FREE HOT breakfast buffet is served from 6am-10am (more time to enjoy the beds!!) and it is very, very good! If you don't have time to stop and eat, they offer lunch bags with breakfast items in them to grab and go.

The parking at the Hampton Inn is plentiful and unlike the Candy Cane Inn (which I will never stay in again) the parking spaces are big enough for a car to fit into and you don't have to double park all night because they have too many cars in their little parking lot.

The other great thing about the Hampton over the Hyatt was that the parking was $15 on top of your room rate (at the Hampton it is FREE) and internet access (which we used every time) is FREE at the Hampton whereas it is another fee at the Hyatt!! BAD SHOW!!!

I only wish sometimes that I didn't move so close to Disneyland so I can stay at the Hampton again!!

Good luck in your search!
    I'm addicted and I don't care!!!

I've stayed at a few, but my favorite is definitely the GCH. Pricey, but loved everything about it.
    "I only hope that we never lose sight of one thing...that it was all started by a mouse" o
    - Uncle Walt

• no flash photography...

Quote Originally Posted by Princess Buttercup View Post
    We've not tried the Camelot Inn and Suites yet and that's the one we're thinking of staying at on our next visit. I just didn't mention it because I wanted to see if anyone else brought it up as one of
    We've stayed at the Camelot when it was called soemthign else. The front desk people are either rude or complacent. I would suggest getting a room on the top floor. There is not a lot of noise buffer between the floors and you can really hear people walking around above you or in our case kids running back and forth and jumping on our ceiling. All the rooms around us complained 9I kow because we were all outside our rooms talking about the horrible family above us.) and the front desk people just shrugged it off. We haven't been back since then.

Our room on the top floor was fine.

Quote Originally Posted by peoplemover1 View Post
    The other great thing about the Hampton over the Hyatt was that the parking was $15 on top of your room rate (at the Hampton it is FREE) and internet access (which we used every time) is FREE at the Hampton whereas it is another fee at the Hyatt!! BAD SHOW!!!
    I always valet the car so the price of parking is a non issue for me. As far as internet goes...I;m not so addicted that I can do with out for a night or two, but if I feel the need I have wireless access that I can use in the disney bars..

• no flash photography...

Quote Originally Posted by dizneeboy View Post
    I've stayed at a few, but my favorite is definitely the GCH. Pricey, but loved everything about it.
    The GCH was nice. I liked being so close to the parks. However as far as the quality of the room....the hyatt and crowne plaza are right at the same level.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by dizneeboy View Post
    pssssttttt, the question is favorite NON Disneyland Resort hotel. GCH is a resort hotel...
    If you see a cute yellow lab puppy with a yellow cape, WAVE! It might be us! (Or it may be someone else that lurks here!) Thank you for asking before you pet! Next trip, Dec 22-Jan 3rd.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast