Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

• Boogers are salty

Adult Themed Disney Park

First of all lets not get carried away and end up in the litterbox, but with that said its a great idea, 18 or older, drinks, better rides, were not talking XXX here just geared towards adults, even a tamer gentlemans bar, not that i would object to the Princess themed Strip Club.

Any thoughts or Jr Imagineering. Like Six Flaggs but with Disney Magic.

• "I Break Things"

Re: Adult Themed Disney Park

Sorry but no... why?... the point of going to Disneyland is to be with your family and take your kids to spend quality family time. I don't mean to vent on this thread but there seem to be a lot of posts recently saying "Adults Only" and while I agree that everyone needs some alone time I don't agree with splitting up the family. If everyone wanted alone time then go on a cruise or let everyone pick their own thing they want to do... sorry for me Disney is about family, not about splitting everyone up.
    "Happiness is a Low Water Level"

"Creating magical memories and making Managers cry since 1955!"

• Still wants to be a cat!

There are plenty of places for "Adults only" let's not make a Disney Theme Park one of them! Maybe you should visit Las Vegas?
    Mom, remember, it's not what a person is like on the outside that counts,
    it's what they are like in their HEART!

- Wolfette

• Boogers are salty

Quote Originally Posted by wolfy999 View Post
    There are plenty of places for "Adults only" let's not make a Disney Theme Park one of them! Maybe you should visit Las Vegas?
    I know that and I do, I just mean that kind of fun with a touch of DisneyMagic

• Minion

I don't think it will ever happen, and I don't think everyone here would like it...but I wouldn't mind seeing a Tarantinoland, with some rides based on Quentin Tarantino's movies .

(Not in DL, but as a seperate park.)
    Last edited by animagusurreal; 07-10-2007 at 06:06 PM.

• Shablagoo!

Quote Originally Posted by animagusurreal View Post
    I don't think it will ever happen, and I don't think everyone here would like it...but I wouldn't mind seeing a Tarantinoland, with some rides based on Quentin Tarantino's movies .
    Hmmm. Deathproof the ride. I like it! As long as I get to sit in the driver's seat.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by 1disneynut2another View Post
    Princess themed Strip Club.
    I am glad I'm not the only one who would enjoy that.

On a serious note, that wouldn't belong in a Disney park. The Disney parks should be for the whole family, an adults only Disney park would go completely against what Disney is about.

Several areas of WDW, such as golf courses, Pleasure Island, and the World Showcase with it's many shops and restraunts are largely aimed at adults. The only adults-only one is Pleasure Island. Pleasure Island goes against what Disney should be, but since we have it anyway, can we please have the Princess themed Strip Club.

• Progressive Disneylander

I don't really see a need for such a park.

I mean, I'm not saying such a thing wouldn't be cool if it were developed by someone else, but I don't like the idea of Disney making a park like this. Disney's vibe is more about being inclusive (on the whole) than exclusive.

It would be a more interesting concept for Six Flags or Universal to take up such a project. Still, the under-18ers have SO much to do with a park's income that I think it would be really difficult to have a financially successful park that is only for the 18 or 21+ crowd.

• Resident Duck

I think you just ruined the Disney princesses for me...

Disney is about bringing out the child in all of us--it just kind of seems wrong to corrupt that theme with an adult park. I can understand somewhat more thrilling rides with some Disney magic added--maybe directed more towards an older/more daring audience...but a gentlemen's bar? That's a big no-no in my books.

Disney has ruined my love life

• Rarely has a point

Blog Entries

I saw this title and have one thing to say.....
    Bow Chicka Bow Wow

• Shablagoo!

Maybe a new version of Pleasure Island.

I've been to Pleasure Island in WDW many times. I didn't think the nightclubs had much "Disney Magic" to them.

The one place I would like to see here from Pleasure Island is the Adventurer's Club. Don't know if it's still there, haven't been there in a long time, but it was a really cool bar. A great mix of Disney and "adult" entertainment. They had different rooms you could sit in where the masks and trophies on the walls talked. In the main bar was a huge mask that would talk to people in the room like a stand up comic. The best part was the bar stools in this room. My cousin's wife decided not to tell me something important about them before I sat down. I kept feeling like I was going to slide off every once in a while. I didn't really have much to drink so I kept thinking it couldn't be me. After a while she couldn't contain herself. We stepped back and looked at the bar stools. Every other bar stool would simultaneously sink slowly in alternating sets about every minutes then raise up again. We thought it was so cool. I think it would be fun to have an bar like this in DTD.

Oh and thanks DarthDucky, I can't stop hearing Bow Chicka Bow Wow in my head now. It's going to have me giggling all night.

• Evaporate, tall person!

I live in the Inland Empire of Southern California..
    Blog Entries

I think that the point of Disneyland was for families. Yes, sometimes being over run by children all over the park can get a little annoying, but everyone is there for the same purpose.. to enjoy the child in them.. no matter what age they are..

I guess.. there could be a smaller, club type place with that touch of Disney magic just for adults.. but as for an entire theme park that way.. i don't think so..

DISNEYLAND: It even makes science geeks look cool!!

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Pineapple Queen

That does not belong in a Disney park. Disney is family-oriented, not kids-only, teens-only or adults-only. It's everyone together.

I'm by no means a prude or conservative, but I don't like the idea at all. It would be completely going against why Disneyland was created in the first place.

Alcohol? One can already get alcohol...in DCA or Downtown Disney. Walt didn't want it in Disneyland.

If you really have the need to enjoy a place while consuming alcohol, then you need to re-evaluate why you're going in the first place.

You want alcohol and sex in an entertainment facility? Go to Las Vegas, for crying out loud!

The Princess Strippers...wow. Sure, Disney would TOTALLY go for that! Let's destroy the wholesome image of these characters and like everyone else make everything about sex! BRILLIANT!

Of course a male would come up with an idea like that.

...what do you mean by "better rides", but being geared towards those 18 and older? Does entertainment have to be amusing to an adult only if there's sex involved? You can't enjoy something that's "appropriate" for a child to see? It's a lesser thing if sex and cursing aren't involved?

I think you need to re-consider what "entertainment" means.

haha

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast