Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Pineapple Queen

Re: PHOTO UPDATE 7/10: Good-bye Graffiti!, Disney Gallery, Toy Story Mania!, +MORE!

I'm still in disbelief about the Disney Gallery...just...ugh!

I like the CALIFORNIA makeover, though. It looks considerably nicer than it used to be. So what if it'll be Halloweened-out soon? It's the little touches that matter.

Re: PHOTO UPDATE 7/10: Good-bye Graffiti!, Disney Gallery, Toy Story Mania!, +MORE!

MG - Thanks once again for such a great update. Your pictures and words bring me there. We are so bummed about the Gallery. The really unfortunate part for me is that I have never been in there. We were planning with our upcoming trip to go in. We have seen so many great posts on the Gallery and were so happy that it was back open. No sooner now open and it is going away.
    We are glad though, that the YOMD stuff being yanked. We want to see a clean park next trip.
    I kinda like the CALIFORNIA sign. I hope I get to see it and get my own picts before it changes.

Cheers -

• Sugar & Spice

Blog Entries

Lovely pictures and report! It's sad that the Gallery is no more, but change is inevitable, no matter how much we try and fight it. Can you imagine the people in the 50's and 60's railing against their favorite stuff disappearing?

I think the "CALIFORNIA" looks good... needed something! Reminiscent of the skies of California, of course that would be NorCal and not SoCal. ^_^

• Neep meep beep

Wonderful and awesome update as usual, MG! And those tomorrowland at sunset photos are amazing!

I was kinda expecting Nemo Fastpass machine photos, but oh well...

Kidding - great job -- thanks for such a quick update.

In Sleeping Beauty Castle's Darkest Chamber

God, the Gallery pictures are great. Disney is really ef'ing up on this one.

Great update, though! Loved the pictures.

CHECK OUT MY NEW MUSIC LOOP THAT I DESIGNED
    FOR AUTUMN TIME AT DISNEYLAND!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eL6fk6Ua54k

With kindest regards,
    Maleficent Fan

disneymusicsamples | magicmusic.net

• Can see my car from here

Thanks for the update and great pictures! I will be very sorry to see the Gallery go. Hopefully they will at least open up in another location in the park.
    Far from the frenzy of the frantic world above.

• Banned User

Thanks, Master Gracey, for the great photos -- the entry way looks good again now that maintenance was allowed to remove the graffiti. The entire Year of a Million Dreams promotion has been so incredibly lame, but up until now it has been mostly harmless to the experience of most guests. Now with the closing of the Disney Gallery, an experienced enjoyed by thousands of families a day will be restricted to one family: nice job!

• MiceAge Columnist
    • Dateline Disneylander

(bold mine -- )

Quote Originally Posted by 2DieFR View Post
    Aww, all the lovely Gallery pictures made me sad I hope whoever stays in the Royal Suite feels really guilty about the expense to which their stay will be. I'll miss being able to view all of New Orleans and Tom Sawyer Island from there, not to mention the feeling of privacy and exclusivity when you are up there, and of course the lovely artwork on display.

On the other hand, I can't tell you how happy I am to see the main entrance to Disneyland de-graffiti'd! But this only begs the question: what kind of cloudy, dreamy, wispy decor will take its place?
    Quote Originally Posted by MissChristine View Post
    This was a very nice update. Thank you for the beautiful photos of the gallery and some stunning sunset shots of Tomorrowland.
    Quote Originally Posted by SpokkerJones View Post
    Great news that the Where Dreams Come True crap inside the park is gone. Shame about the Disney Gallery though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Neverlandtink View Post
    Excellent pictures! Thanks!! I can't believe they're going to "relocate" the gallery. It's not like it's an unpopular place that doesn't make any money. Rediculous.
    Quote Originally Posted by Berd View Post
    Great update and photos!

Yay for the graffiti removal and boo to the Gallery closure. Thanks for the pics of the Gallery.
    Quote Originally Posted by pratt55 View Post
    MasterGracey I could never get tired of looking at your great pictures. Thanks for all the pictures of the gallery.
    Quote Originally Posted by Alice's Wonderland View Post
    I like the cloud overlay of the California letters. It makes it more interesting. And I think it's awful about the Gallery so thanks for sharing such wonderful pictures of it!
    Quote Originally Posted by DonDuck View Post
    Yes, the graffiti is gone! So sad about the gallery and even more bummed that I won't be able to make a visit again before it closes down. Sigh. At least I can enjoy your photos.

Fantastic pics, once again, and that sunset is awesome!
    Quote Originally Posted by nojarama View Post
    Fabulous piccies. Thanks for sharing. A moment of silence for the always fabulous & "will-be" eternally missed Disney Gallery...
    Quote Originally Posted by pineapplewhipaddict View Post
    I'm still in disbelief about the Disney Gallery...just...ugh!

I like the CALIFORNIA makeover, though. It looks considerably nicer than it used to be. So what if it'll be Halloweened-out soon? It's the little touches that matter.
    Quote Originally Posted by RPerez3 View Post
    MG - Thanks once again for such a great update. Your pictures and words bring me there. We are so bummed about the Gallery. The really unfortunate part for me is that I have never been in there. We were planning with our upcoming trip to go in. We have seen so many great posts on the Gallery and were so happy that it was back open. No sooner now open and it is going away.
    We are glad though, that the YOMD stuff being yanked. We want to see a clean park next trip.
    I kinda like the CALIFORNIA sign. I hope I get to see it and get my own picts before it changes.

Cheers -
    Quote Originally Posted by haunted_hottie View Post
    Lovely pictures and report! It's sad that the Gallery is no more, but change is inevitable, no matter how much we try and fight it. Can you imagine the people in the 50's and 60's railing against their favorite stuff disappearing?

I think the "CALIFORNIA" looks good... needed something! Reminiscent of the skies of California, of course that would be NorCal and not SoCal. ^_^
    Quote Originally Posted by Maleficent Fan 07 View Post
    God, the Gallery pictures are great. Disney is really ef'ing up on this one.

Great update, though! Loved the pictures.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mighty Mikerscope View Post
    Thanks for the update and great pictures! I will be very sorry to see the Gallery go. Hopefully they will at least open up in another location in the park.
    Quote Originally Posted by wulfblat View Post
    Thanks, Master Gracey, for the great photos -- the entry way looks good again now that maintenance was allowed to remove the graffiti. The entire Year of a Million Dreams promotion has been so incredibly lame, but up until now it has been mostly harmless to the experience of most guests. Now with the closing of the Disney Gallery, an experienced enjoyed by thousands of families a day will be restricted to one family: nice job!

Is anybody at Disney listening yet?

Photos, news, and commentary every week from Walt Disney's Magic Kingdom!

| | |

• Say no to Assimilation

Great pics!

The gallery pics reminded me of the Art of Disney store at Downtown Disney, WDW. I think they have some of the same souveniers for sale there.
    "He who knows only his own side of the case, knows little of that. His reasons may be good, and no one may have been able to refute them. But if he is equally unable to refute the reasons on the opposite side; if he does not so much as know what they are, he has no ground for preferring either opinion" --John Stuart Mill

Thanks for the great pictures of the gallery. Those toilet paper ads are just sad.

• KC to DL= 1,640 miles

Goin' to Kansas City. Kansas City Here I Come

Nice pics. I'm happy that the "Year of a Million Dreams" stuff is going away. It didn't look horrendous, but it did look tacky. I'm sad that the Disney Gallery is closing though.

just my opinion but i think the california cloud letters look great!

• JMUBOY - 30 Yrs Of Magic!

Why do we need to have the Gallery close for the Royal Suite? Isn't that what the Mickey Penthouse is for?
    WALT'S DISNEYLAND DEDICATION SPEECH! - To all who come to this happy place, welcome! Disneyland is your land. Here age relives fond memories of the past, and here youth can savour the challenge and promise of the future. Disneyland is dedicated to the ideals, the dreams, and the hard facts that have created America, with the hope that it will become a source of joy, and inspiration to all the world.

• A Beautiful Tomorrow!

Thanks for the pics! are the Where Dreams Come True "swans" gone?
    "We keep moving forward, opening new doors, and doing new things, because we're curious and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths." Walt Disney

• Dive ..... Dive.....

This is absolutely sickening that they are removing the gallery. The gallery is a piece of Disneyland history which makes the place special. Disney's so called marketing gurus have gone bonkers and quite frankly need to be fired for even thinking of doing such a thing.
    Last edited by Seawolf; 07-11-2007 at 04:15 PM.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast