Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• the subs were cool maan

PeopleMover-to-Parking Garage Idea

mmk, so the monorail goes from TomorrowlanD to the hotel, so wouldnt it be cool if they made the "new" peoplemover first go out to the parking garage? Or maybe DCA, Paradise Pier hotel? That'd be awesome to get on the new peoplemover, have it take you to the parking garage, then have it come back and do the usual routine thru tomorrowlanD......

thoughTs?

I have thought that too. Or when they build a third park they could use people mover technology to get you there.

• The one, the only...

Great Idea

I think it would add to the Disneyland experience. I believe that Walt felt he was entertaining people from the moment they entered the parking lot, not just the front gates. As a kid, I even enjoyed the tram ride through the parking lot. Now that experience is not a good because of the congestion. I think if Walt was around, there would not be a hesitation to put in a people mover or something like it to move the people from the parking lot to the main gate and do it in the most pleasant and efficient way possible. (Not the cheapest which is the present approach.)
    Jiminy Cricket Fan

Love Disneyland and Walt Disney World!

• RocketRodsluver123

put the rocket rods, peoplemover sucks, make the transportation fast. have different queu areas. a queu in every park. that would rock. the 3rd park should be called, disneys pacific suncoast, how bout that.

Great idea, but it would only work for APs as others have to go to the booths to first buy tickets to get into the park.
    Permanecer sentado por favor...

• Senior Minion

This should have happened a long time ago!! Wouldn't this save the Disney Company thousands in the long run not too mention NOT using up a precious resource such as they use for the trams? Why not have it go by the Mickey and Friends parking structure? Why not?
    It would also be beneficial if at least two of them were running at all times, not too mention one for the castmembers to the parking lots for them,more gas saved by the Disney Co. lower park Prices?
    1st Amendment-Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

• The one, the only...

I think that TicTocDragon is right. This should also go to the cast member's parking. This would be more efficient and pleasant for the CM's. I hope that Matt is reading this!!!
    Jiminy Cricket Fan

Love Disneyland and Walt Disney World!

Quote Originally Posted by rocketrodsluver123
    put the rocket rods, peoplemover sucks, make the transportation fast. have different queu areas. a queu in every park. that would rock. the 3rd park should be called, disneys pacific suncoast, how bout that.
    As good as the rocket rods were, they will never come back. They were unreliable, broke down atleast once a day, prolly more expensive to maintain then even the subs. Whats so futuristic about an unreliable, ugly looking car that's quick, NOT fast. thats why we have Import sports cars for.

the peoplemover was slow, and you do have a point that transportation should be fast, but the peoplemover got you from point A to point B and was VERY scenic......and it was also VERY reliable.

• insufferable know-it-all

Peoplemover to parking garage would work great but it's not high-volume enough and there's that whole ticket thing (and do you really wanna be the CM that explains to a crying child that they have to ride the truck thing instead of the uber-cool peoplemover because mommy and daddy have to buy tickets?) Sure, you could build a ticket booth at the garage (actually, that's really NOT a bad idea when you think about it!), but again, peoplemovers aren't high-volume enough, and if they were any higher volume it wouldn't get loaded fast enough (strollers, anyone?).

On the other hand, it'd be fan-freaking-tastic if they went from the esplanade, to the center of DTD (either near Jazz Kitchen or the GCH), to the DLH, to the PPH. The novelty of the peoplemover would bring traffic to the far-flung areas of DL (like the PPH), bringing guests to more ways to spend their money. The risk factor is non-guests, since it's in a non-admission area, but perhaps they could require showing a DL ticket or hotel key? Or perhaps it would be a non-issue.

Hmm... the longer I think about this the more problems I come up with... like teens and pot.

Unusually and exceedingly peculiar and altogether quite impossible to describe...

• Minion

I always liked the idea of a people mover like tram to replace the normal operating tram...

Why? Runs on electricity, no fumes, reduces fossle fuel costs...

Higher capacity per minute... no waiting for a tram, just load and go...

Potential to lower labor costs...

No stupid teenagers dropping stuff and having to have the tram stop... Because it won't...

No sitting next to creepy single riders....
    Check out my other blog:

Quote Originally Posted by cellarhound

No sitting next to creepy single riders....
    LMFAO
    So effing true
    best effing post ever

• MiceChat Administrator
    • Helping build Tomorrow

Wasn't there a plan for this with Westcot? I remember a garage, and then a people-mover like system to move the guests to the Entry Plaza.
    -Monorail Man

• Minion

This is one of the best ideas in a thread recently! GREAT idea mp3!

Quote Originally Posted by Monorail Man
    Wasn't there a plan for this with Westcot? I remember a garage, and then a people-mover like system to move the guests to the Entry Plaza.
    But if they were to build WestCot instead of DCA, well that might make people happy. Why the would they want to do that? Why build a park to make people happy and a transportation system taht makes sense? Why? Why?

• Hooterville, USA

The Peoplemover would work only if people were prodded into the cars. I've seen too many people with their whole house packed that would put a snag into the loading operation. I could see a ride that would resemble HM where it constantly stops for people.

This has been a Filmways presentation dahling.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast