Page 11 of 18 FirstFirst ... 891011121314 ... LastLast

• Progressive Disneylander

Re: Bunch of complainers

Quote Originally Posted by Steve DeGaetano View Post
    Some of you frogs who are willing to swallow anything Disney feeds you remind me of the storm trooper scene in Episode IV...

Disney can have a strong influence on the weak minded...
    But the weak-minded are in the park and having fun and not getting irked by the silliest stuff that some people make such big deals over.

I sometimes envy the weak-minded who can just go and enjoy DL without over-analyzing it all.

In the grand scope of life, there's nothing actually cool about being knowledgeable about an amusement park.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Disney Wrassler View Post
    IMHO sometimes people, including myself, just need to be thankful for the things we can enjoy in life rather than making it a habit to pin point all the imperfections something has. Nothing will ever be perfect and nothing will meet up to our standards 100%. Life isn't perfect, Disneyland isn't perfect, but they are both things we take for granted. I see no reason for nit-picking every single little thing in the park when there is much to be enjoyed in so little time. We may not like all the decisions being made, but tough, that's life, we won't like everything.

But regardless of all of Disneyland's imperfections, I still manage to have a blast each time I wind up visiting it and I realized Disneyland isn't as bad as it seems.
    Yes, but think of this as an un-socially-destructive way and target for their discontent with the status quo.

Without Disney to complain about and Micechat as a place to complain, they might get involved in politics ...

• Mr. Faranheit

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by PragmaticIdealist View Post
    Fo'c's'le swab, BlueSkyDriveBy, and I, along with a few other people I know, aren't visiting Disneyland specifically because of these problems.
    you know, the last time I went to the park, I noticed it was a little roomier than normal...
    Be controversial

Be outspoken

Be outrageous

Just don't be boring

disneyland is awesome who the hell would wanna complain about it, especially if you are a "fan". go complain about something that needs complaining, like our current president for starts.

• Banned User

I have a word for the biggest complainers of them all, and it's kind of a jumble of their screen names...

Mjisgmsmpf

But I digress, people every generation always say how "great" it was in a different period of the park, but will say they liked this and that attraction still, but the rest were bombs. It's the Circle of Death.

• Iron-Clad Allie

Quote Originally Posted by GhostHost2 View Post
    We love the parks, but it is our duty as hardcore Disney fanatics, to strive for the ultimate quality the Disney name was built on.
    Correct me if i'm wrong, but I believe that it's policy making people that actually work for Disney that decide whether they will strive for quality that represents the Disney brand. If the hard core snivelers on this site worked for Disney, they wouldn't last a day as they would sit on their repective butts and do nothing other than flap their gums and complain.

I know for certain that industry professionals occasionally browse sites such as MiceChat, and they blow right past the hard core blowhards. The only purpose that they serve is to create a negative image for MiceChat. I certainly hope that they get past the sabatage of those pathetic few who have no lives, and gain from constructive and positive insights now and then.
    To Boldly Go Where No MiceChatter Has Gone Before!

• Iron-Clad Allie

Quote Originally Posted by TheManator View Post
    I have a word for the biggest complainers of them all, and it's kind of a jumble of their screen names...

Mjisgmsmpf

But I digress, people every generation always say how "great" it was in a different period of the park, but will say they liked this and that attraction still, but the rest were bombs. It's the Circle of Death.
    Those who belong to the "Circle of Death" haven't had a life for ages. As a matter of fact, I've drawn the conclusion that some people are born old.
    Last edited by Ride Warrior; 07-12-2007 at 06:15 PM.

• That Guy

Wouldn't it just be easier to go in the archives & dust off this thread (which has been done more than Heidi Fleiss) and change the date?
    Last edited by Max Fischer; 07-12-2007 at 05:47 PM.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Get the Iodine!

Blog Entries

That's a funny way of putting it Max .

• That Guy

Quote Originally Posted by Disney Wrassler View Post
    That's a funny way of putting it Max .

I just mean that it might save everyone some time, if they could just pull up an old thread, and see that all the comments they would make, already happened. After scanning through the first few pages, I saw that my MC peeps have covered all the bases, so why not reduce, reuse, and recycle old threads?

• That Guy

Quote Originally Posted by KISSman View Post
    But the weak-minded are in the park and having fun and not getting irked by the silliest stuff that some people make such big deals over.

I sometimes envy the weak-minded who can just go and enjoy DL without over-analyzing it all.

In the grand scope of life, there's nothing actually cool about being knowledgeable about an amusement park.

What an awesome post. VERY well put, thanks Kissman!

• Solar Flare Foamer

Winston-Salem, North Carolina, United States

Quote Originally Posted by phkna View Post
    Wow a lot here complain about everything that Disney does or doesn't do. It almost seams that a place that makes you happy also makes you hate it. The Gallery is going to be something new the ugly decorations are gone. The paint hasn't been touched up yet etc...

Ever think about just going to the park and enjoying it for what it is and how it makes you feel. Every time I go every problem worry go away while I'm in the park. Yeah I might see something that is unpleasing to my eye but I don't think about it anymore I'm not their for that.

A lot seem uneasy to change examples are Pirate island POTC Haunted mansion Space Mountain and new suite for a guest in park. I'm sure their are more but what was cool to you as a kid ain't cool to your kids now. Change is good as long as the original dream is honored. Main Street has changes but it still feels the way it was when I was a kid in the 70's

Their is a a lot of complaining about stuff somebody probable spent a lot of time on designing planning making. How would you feel if you came here and read complaint one after another about what you help make?

Oh it's a public place they should be ready for criticism (I know I'll see that reply) Just think about your job and something you worked hard on and their was a web site and people bashed it left and right how'd you like it? Forums can be created for anything.

Wish you all would enjoy the park more not hunt for the bad.
    Ultimately, though you phrase it in a more mature manner, your still telling folks to essentially "shut up and live with it". You completely miss the essence of the complaints made, taking them as blanket complaints with no validity. No one minds change in of itself. But change should be for the better, not the mediocre. Walt Disney trained us to expect more, to have higher standards then that. When modern day Disney falls short of that, what would you expect someone to say? Good job on the mediocrity?

And the bad is not being hunted for. It slaps us in the face at every turn. Most of the changes we complain about were not made for OUR better, but for the better of someone within the corporate entity, someone else's agenda at work. No one sat down and worked their heart out to truncate Journey Into Imagination, gut World of Motion, skip maintenance on peeling walls or weather beaten facades. No one put their heart and soul into tearing out classic attractions for super speedy ones. That was a financial decision that Imagineers only went along with for varying reasons.

So no. I'm afraid sitting down and just taking it while Disney falls short of its mark is unacceptable. You don't raise me on Cubans and then try to sell me cheap cigars. You don't bring me up on 5 Star cuisine and then try to tell me that Taco Bell is better. You don't give someone the best, and then spin mediocrity or laziness or someone Else's agenda into being something better.

And you can't throw the old excuse that I'm old, and I don't like the new stuff because it's new fangled. That argument doesn't hold any water, especially since Disney was intended, from it's inception, to be a place for families, not just children. Family means everyone, not just children. By that logic, the rides I went on as a child shouldn't have appealed to me, because they were already twenty to thirty year old concepts. My niece shouldn't have loved the exact same attractions I enjoyed as a child, even though she rode them fifteen years later. No, that's not a valid argument. I'm not Pa Kettle or Grandma from the Beverly Hillbillies. I like knew things, and creations. I enjoy the places advanced technology can take us, and I actually find it's development a little on the slow side. But Disney? I don't see it utilizing half of what it can do. I see cheap attractions, cheap fixes, and condescending marketing behaviors. Walt didn't talk down to his audience. Modern day Disney does. Even going so far as to mock their most ardent fans, (Calling them foamers), the people who are the meat and potatoes of any entertainment industry. And that's not something anyone should simply relax and accept.

Oh, take a tally of the folks who don't complain. By and large, their folks who never knew what Disney was. It was a force of nature in it's day. It was the standard that everyone else tried to live to, and failed. People would come back from their Disney trips and comment on the tiniest details that impressed them. Whether it be the quality of entertainment, right down to the cleanliness of the bathrooms. Disney used to operate on a daily basis without a hair out of place. There's no reason why that standard should now be laughed at by the people in charge. Generations had nothing to do with it. We who see what's wrong all agree that the changes took place at relatively the same time. So that comment made by others is also without merit. There's something wrong with Disney, and those who care have every right, every reason, to point them out. Otherwise Disney is just Six Flags on steroids.

• Iron-Clad Allie

Quote Originally Posted by Max Fischer View Post
    Wouldn't it just be easier to go in the archives & dust off this thread (which has been done more than Heidi Fleiss) and change the date?
    I am starting to choke on moth balls, Max.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • June 3rd, 2011

Quote Originally Posted by hollywood1939 View Post

Oh and BTW my last trip, I only went to see HISTA then Innoventions.
    OMG are you feeling ok??!!
    PirateMunkee

Visit My Horror Designs Store!!!

• Golden State of Mind

munkee are you feeling okay?
    Marquis d'Bod of the RCMC... always and forever

Page 11 of 18 FirstFirst ... 891011121314 ... LastLast