View Poll Results: Do you like the new "cloud lettering" to the entrance for California Adventure?

Voters
133. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes! It's beautiful!

84 63.16%
  • No! Not one bit!

6 4.51%
  • No opinion. I really don't care.

29 21.80%
  • Unsure. I'm still debating this one.

7 5.26%
  • Other (explain)

7 5.26%
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

•   
      MiceChat Senior Moderator
    • Jester of Randomness

Trying to keep it light and fluffy since '05...
    Blog Entries

Re: Do You Like The New California Adventure Clouds?

Quote Originally Posted by JosephTNielsen View Post
    Speaking of the "CALIFORNIA" entrance I've been wondering if anybody has heard anything more about the rumor of the letters getting removed? I vaguely remember reading a thread where someone stated they were going to get the axe.

...Joe...
    The last I heard about that was an article in the OC register in Jan. of 2006. Their source for that was Al, who also wrote about it in his column at that time. It was only in the "blue sky" planning stages at that time, in addition to removing the Golden Gate Bridge. (source: http://www.ocregister.com/ocregister...cle_970968.php )

Perhaps they have realized that it presents a much better photo op to have them there, and the letters can be "re-themed" has needed such as the holiday makeover at Christmas, or decorating them with whatever current market tool (Dreams) they are using.

Help me get more security in Pingvinivlle! Click here!

Quote Originally Posted by AGhostFromThePast
    all you need to know about the mommy stick is.. out of all the bad things that could happen to you... it's right between wetting yourself and death.

• Animatronic

<sarcasm>Don't remove the letters! How will I remember what state I'm in???</sarcasm>

Beyond that, I agree with Merlin. They are a tad ugly no matter what you do.

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyIPresume View Post
    Now that I have seen the pics I can comment. The gold thematically makes more sense because as someone stated California is the Golden State.

That being stated it does look nice, and it is easier on the eye than the gold was. But look at the close up of the C. They did a C***** job on that. What's up with the streaks towards the top? Or is that just a reflextion?

The streaks and scratches on the letters are caused by peoples stupidities. They feel the need to climb on everything. Its the same stupid people that cross over the barriers in HPB so they can stand against the back street mural and destroy the illusion of standing in the street of Hollywood while blocking the mural with there body. As if they can not figure out that pictures look better when you are not overcrowding the subject matter you are trying to take a picture of.

I don't like the letters, the Golden Gate Bridge, or the postcard idea. But, the Beaux-Arts tile murals do hold appeal for me. So, the clouds are better in some ways and worse in others than the gold titanium. But, I prefer that the letters just be eliminated altogether.

• Don't Mess With The Duck!

Quote Originally Posted by penguinsoda View Post
    The last I heard about that was an article in the OC register in Jan. of 2006. Their source for that was Al, who also wrote about it in his column at that time. It was only in the "blue sky" planning stages at that time, in addition to removing the Golden Gate Bridge. (source: http://www.ocregister.com/ocregister...cle_970968.php )

Perhaps they have realized that it presents a much better photo op to have them there, and the letters can be "re-themed" has needed such as the holiday makeover at Christmas, or decorating them with whatever current market tool (Dreams) they are using.
    Thanks for the info.! I'd like to see them around simply because, like you said, "the letters can be 're-themed' [as] needed such as the holiday makeover at Christmas, or decorating them with whatever current market tool (Dreams) they are using."

I'd also like to start seeing some Disney characters placed inside each of the letters that are or could start to be found within the park. Something like this...

C - Chicken Little
    A - Aladdin
    L - Lightning McQueen
    I - Iago
    F - Flik
    O - Oswald the Lucky Rabbit
    R - Rizzo the Rat (Muppets)
    N - Nemo
    I - Incredibles
    A - Ariel

And then as new movies or cartoons are released different characters who share the same beginning letter could be changed around.

...Joe...

•   
      MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • has a brand new mindset

^^ I like that idea -- of course, then you would get the people complaining because they think ____ would be a better choice for a particular letter...or it is too Pixary...
    I love my awesome crazy wonderful friends!!

"Do you remember in kindergarten, how you’d meet a kid,
    then 10 seconds later you’d be playing like you were best friends?"

Quote Originally Posted by tinkermonkey View Post
    ^^ I like that idea -- of course, then you would get the people complaining because they think ____ would be a better choice for a particular letter...or it is too Pixary...
    That's true, but that's the beauty of different characters starting with a letter. After 6 months to a year a character could be swapped out for another. That way the next time somebody visits the letters will be completely different.

Flik could then be changed into Flounder, or Ariel could be changed into the Aristocats, etc.

...Joe...

• KC to DL= 1,640 miles

Goin' to Kansas City. Kansas City Here I Come

I think they look nice, but I don't understand why they would just now be doing it, over half the year already over.

i wasn't aware that they had changed the letters up until a few days ago when i took a trip there for a few hours and when i saw them, i immediatley fell in love with them. yes i know its all part of this year of a million dreams promotion but there is something about it that i love. i love the blue sky with clouds on the letters.

Quote Originally Posted by lesmisfan View Post
    i wasn't aware that they had changed the letters up until a few days ago when i took a trip there for a few hours and when i saw them, i immediatley fell in love with them. yes i know its all part of this year of a million dreams promotion but there is something about it that i love. i love the blue sky with clouds on the letters.
    My partner and I are tentitively going to the parks in September. I can't wait to see them in person. Hopefully they won't have gone under the tarps for the candy corn look for Halloween by the time we get there.

...Joe...

• Banned User

They're nice, I suppose.

• Hiding in the shadows

I like the changing of the letters for the holidays, and the clouds are nice, its what you are supposed to think of with California, blue skies. I realize gold works with the theme and all, but at that point you really are not in the park yet. Anyway, for me I think its purdy, and besides anything that came with the grafitti coming off at the MK, I can't complain!

A little piece of heaven

• Golden State of Mind

theey look cool
    Marquis d'Bod of the RCMC... always and forever

• Stop global whining!!!!!!

It needs some flowers and a deer.

Visit me at: Gabriel Felton

Quote Originally Posted by Photoshop Falcon View Post
    It needs some flowers and a deer.
    that, is awesome!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast