Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678 ... LastLast

• In Mouse We trust

Re: Who is your least favorite Disney character?

Quote Originally Posted by GrimmGreen View Post
    dude what's with all the Tink hate?? it's called being sassy , know it... love it...
    Sassy... with the intent to murder Wendy!!

• T'zambezi makes me sneezy

Top Ten:

1) Stitch
    2) Nani
    3) Lilo
    4) That annoying "Mole" character from Atlantis
    5) Edgar the Butler from Aristocats
    6) The Prince from Cinderella II (Two minutes into it, he's already talked way too much.)
    7) Cinderella from Cinderella II
    8) Anyone from Cinderella II
    9) The Skull-King's troll sidekick from "The Black Cauldron"
    10) Kida and that bizarre bikini thing she wears. Wise choice, keeping her out of the Disney Princess merchandise line-up...woulda killed it...

I'm liking this thread probably a lot more than I should.

• just the beernecessities

Quote Originally Posted by sir clinksalot View Post
    I don't 'hate' any characters per se'. I hate that certain (in my opinion LESSER) characters get ALOT of merchandise (Grumpy, Dopey, Pooh, etc) while other characters like my favorite Donald get nothing.

Go to the parks and try to find a donald shirt, hat, etc. If there is one, it's the same one that's been around forever. The white donald hat that has all the different "phases" of Donald or the black one with the silouette. Other than that ... nada. You can't even buy a Disneyland Sweatshirt that has Donald on it by himself.

Sad.

I will say that WDW is starting to recognize the greatness that is Donald and has more merchandise with him.

Amen Brother! Donald is even cooler than the Mouse IMHO, but they don't have any merchandise with just him and you never see out him in the park anymore.
    Hello everyone!

• Tic Tac?

Quote Originally Posted by merlinjones View Post
    Anything from Pocahontas (well, I don't mind the girl so much, she's pretty), Hunchback, Home on the Range, Emperor's New Groove, Treasure Planet, Brother Bear, Atlantis, Chicken Little or Meet the Robinsons, or anything from the Disney Channel or ABC that doesn't have to do with Walt Disney and anything from toy product lines that isn't in a Walt Disney movie.
    You know what I hate? Not being able to meet Mayor Lurkey! That stinks, I don't care if he's not got an easy shape to make a costume for, if they can make the Cars characters appear, then they can surely manage a giant turkey.

Okay... first of all, those films are Disney films, whether you like it or not. If they are made by the Disney company, then I'm afraid that's the way it is. And Brother Bear is pretty good, to be honest, but seriously, aren't we a bit old to start making comments like that? I'm not being harsh, I'm just curious. Besides, C.L and company hardly show up anywhere. FOR GOODNESS' SAKE, LEAVE THEM ALONE!

Are we cool now? Good, because I agree with you on the merchandise thing and about the Disney Channel.

My least favourite character? I don't hate any of them, to be honest, even though the Cars ones still annoy me a little.

Anyway, MerlinJones, you seem like a smart enough person, so I really do think you should stop picking on good films that didn't have the good luck to be made under Walt's direction.

Oh, and I agree with Sir Clinksalot about Donald. That duck is great, it's a shame he isn't getting more attention.

Poultry of the world, unite!

Mayor Lurkey rocks!

•   
    • Blind to His Own Faults

Please don't anyone say " fo'c's'le swab ", 'cause that just isn't funny...

My least favorite is any character in "Finding Nemo" (except the crabs 'hey, hey, hey, HEY!) or "Cars".

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Relax

Quote Originally Posted by sir clinksalot View Post
    I don't 'hate' any characters per se'. I hate that certain (in my opinion LESSER) characters get ALOT of merchandise
    I agree. It's terribly difficult for me to find Alice merchandize, there is a TON of chesire cat stuff but the main character from that film gets nada.

But back to the topic at hand...

1. The no eye having clown looking, horn blowing freaks from the WDW Spectromagic, I believe they are called Spectromen? I don't know but I will purposely avoid the parade so I don't have to look at them.

Here is a bad photo of them. *shivers*

Other than that I would have to say I'm really not fond of the Pooh characters, they just seem corny to me. I like the ride but there is just something that doesn't wow me about them.

• Tic Tac?

Well, I've just read through my last post, and I'd like to say sorry if I offended anyone, especially MerlinJones.
    I'm sorry for acting so harshly, but it rather annoys me to see people saying they do not like to see Chicken Little when I definately would. I know that's not your fault.

But if anything to do with the film annoys anyone, can they kindly sent some of it to the UK, where a certain turkey fanatic would greatly appreciate it?

And I must agree with SummerFL on those spectromen. They look really creepy to me, and I'm a person who tends to read horror novels for a hobby!

Mayor Lurkey rocks!

• my favorite sociopath

How can anyone hate Tinkerbell? She is a Disney Icon. I mean, just because she lied and manipulated the Lost Boys into trying to shoot Wendy down and hopefully killing her in the process, then betray her to Capitan Hook and his band of cutthrouts, lonely men who been at sea for who knows how long. She is a role model for today girls.
    It goes to show that a hot blond can get away with ANYTHING.

• Winter in Oceanside...

Quote Originally Posted by mouseinphilly View Post
    And what's with the hatin' on Stitch, he's funny in a strange kinda way.
    I don't find him funny or amusing at all.

• Boogers are salty

Quote Originally Posted by fo'c's'le swab View Post
    Please don't anyone say " fo'c's'le swab ", 'cause that just isn't funny...

My least favorite is any character in "Finding Nemo" (except the crabs 'hey, hey, hey, HEY!) or "Cars".
    Dont worry Swab your on my favorite list.

•   
    • Blind to His Own Faults

Quote Originally Posted by 1disneynut2another View Post
    Dont worry Swab your on my favorite list.
    It was the 'Shere Khan' thing wasn't it? Thanks!!

• Minion

>>Okay... first of all, those films are Disney films, whether you like it or not.<<

Like it not. Not Walt Disney's, nor "Disney" quality as I perceive it.

>>If they are made by the Disney company, then I'm afraid that's the way it is.<<

Doesn't mean I have to like it, or pretend to.

>>but seriously, aren't we a bit old to start making comments like that? I'm not being harsh, I'm just curious.<<

What has age got to do with quality, taste and style and decernment of enjoyment of such? I don't get it.

• Minion

I love the Tinker Bell in Peter Pan... I adore the Tinker Bell that hosted Disneyland, Wonderful World of Color and all those commercials. Those Tinker Bells are among the greatest symbols of Walt Disney Productions.

But I don't like the merchandising Tinker Bell of modern Disney Company sass and "Fairies" and I don't relish the thought of her speaking.
    Last edited by merlinjones; 07-13-2007 at 09:58 AM.

• Tic Tac?

Quote Originally Posted by merlinjones View Post
    >>Okay... first of all, those films are Disney films, whether you like it or not.<<

Like it not. Not Walt Disney's, nor "Disney" quality as I perceive it.

>>If they are made by the Disney company, then I'm afraid that's the way it is.<<

Doesn't mean I have to like it, or pretend to.

>>but seriously, aren't we a bit old to start making comments like that? I'm not being harsh, I'm just curious.<<

What has age got to do with quality, taste and style and decernment of enjoyment of such? I don't get it.
    No, I didn't say you had to like it. Can you leave people like myself alone to like it, please? I happen to love some of those films, and when I hear people insulting them, it makes me feel stupid. And I don't like that. Maybe I am too sensitive, but at least I can admit it. I just don't see the point of hating a whole bunch of films just because you feel this way. But, heck, I won't pretend to like Cars, so there you go.

Mayor Lurkey rocks!

• Minion

>>Can you leave people like myself alone to like it, please? I happen to love some of those films, and when I hear people insulting them, it makes me feel stupid.<<

I'm not making you do or feel anything, nor did I even refer to you or have any knowledge of your existence. If you don't like open discussion, don't come to a discussion group. Read Disney.com publicity.

It's simply my opinion, one solicited/invited by the original poster of this thread. If you have an issue with criticism of characters, I suggest you take it up with the OP, who asked "Who is your least favorite character?", which is an inherently negative concept and guarantees such results.

Make sense?

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678 ... LastLast