Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Please Don't Kick My Child!

OK, we got caught up in the post-fireworks traffic last Saturday, and I could not believe the number of people who were stepping over and kicking my son's stroller! It would be bad enough if they hadn't noticed it, but when they look back and don't say anything, just keep on going, I want to do one of these numbers...
    I am a peaceful stroller driver, and avoid ankles at all costs, so why do people feel the need to kick an 18 month old child when no one is even moving?
    *End of Vent*

• Minion

I feel for you...truly I do. But, the stroller thing is going to open a can of whoop a$s!
    *runs away and hides under his cubicle!*

• That's Hawt

Yeah, a lot of people can be inconsiderate, but that happens when you are fighting 60 thousand other people for that coveted tram spot after the fireworks. It's a nightmare that can only be helped by people bringing their patience caps.
    Quote Originally Posted by drunkmom
    this is my first buzzed post in the DMCA -- I'm really in this club because I'm a bitch more than anything. I've only had to hit the backspace 4 (oops, make that 5) times in (now 7) in this (now 9) (now 15) in this post! Damn, now I'm up to 18! Our neighbors were (19) (20) making tequilla sunrises. I thought I couldn't do tequilla (22) anymore but (24) this stuff (26) was good! It started (27) with an s

• Videographer

Pass the red vines please.

I am sorry for you. When we had kids in strollers we used to move to an edge and wait for the crowds to thin a bit. Usually takes no more then 10-15 minutes for things to resume semi-normalcy

RU

Be sure to visit my site!

• Iron-Clad Allie

Quote Originally Posted by RU42
    Pass the red vines please.

I am sorry for you. When we had kids in strollers we used to move to an edge and wait for the crowds to thin a bit. Usually takes no more then 10-15 minutes for things to resume semi-normalcy

RU
    Here's your red vines, plus a few gummy worms.

Unfortunately, there will always be inconsiderate people. When stuckin traffic with a stroller, moving off to the side until the crowd thins out is the best you can do. Or...you could pull a deceptive trick and place cones around the stroller along with a couple of signs thet say "CAUTION! - TOXIC SPILL".

• Minion

It's sad that so many people are in such a hurry to leave the Happiest Place on Earth. We usually sit it out until the crowd thins, too. I figure we'll all eventually "get there" - it's just better to get there safe than first.

Please don't run over my toe with that SUV sized stroller, and I will kindly stop kicking your child.

• Videographer

-munch munch - Thanks for the Red Vines and Gummies

Toxic waste You could also set out a few used diapers and you would have toxic waste. Or hold one and spin around; people will run away.

RU

Be sure to visit my site!

• the subs were cool maan

Quote Originally Posted by iheartdisney
    OK, we got caught up in the post-fireworks traffic last Saturday, and I could not believe the number of people who were stepping over and kicking my son's stroller! It would be bad enough if they hadn't noticed it, but when they look back and don't say anything, just keep on going, I want to do one of these numbers...
    I am a peaceful stroller driver, and avoid ankles at all costs, so why do people feel the need to kick an 18 month old child when no one is even moving?
    *End of Vent*
    I do NOT mean to be racist in ANY manner, but.

One word: Asians. Plain and simple. Whenever im there they just run into me, not giving a about anyone they injure or anything. They stomp on my feet like little alligaters are popping out and they get points for every one they stomp..........

::End of Racial Slurr::

ps. I AM NOT AN EFFING RACIST! I AM NOT! I have just noticed that it happens to me alot.

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Is HOME.

Quote Originally Posted by mp3piratesavvy

One word: Asians. Plain and simple. Whenever im there they just run into me, not giving a about anyone they injure or anything. They stomp on my feet like little alligaters are popping out and they get points for every one they stomp..........

ps. I AM NOT AN EFFING RACIST! I AM NOT! I have just noticed that it happens to me alot.
    Yeah, nothing like a crazy Asian walking around running into everyone.
    “In a world filled with hate, we must still dare to hope. In a world filled with anger, we must still dare to comfort. In a world filled with despair, we must still dare to dream. And in a world filled with distrust, we must still dare to believe.” -Michael Jackson

• Do I seem familiar?

I think it's kinda weird that you say you don't mean to be racist but then you use "end of racial slurr" at the bottom of your post. And this comment is not intended to attack you, just an observatory comment.

In my experience, EVERYBODY is just insane around that time - Austrailians, Argentinians, Canadians, Americans, etc. etc. ().The several times I have been out for fireworks, there are very few Asian folks around. But anyway, in a situation like this, I am reminded of Agent K's quote: "The person is smart. People are dumb, panicky..." so on and so forth. And that is why I hesitate going often with my boyfriend, because he gets irritated easily in this kind of situation, whereas I'm a little more cool-headed in a crowded area.

• People move me

Get a load of this: On the 27th I was leaving the Big D I was thinking lets get on the tram and head to the car while the fire works were going on seeing how we were leaving DCA and the bulk of the crowd was hanging outside the gates of DL and DCA looking at the fire works. No problem not a mad rush, we walk to the tram and are waiting behind the yellow line. Well, while we are waiting to board the next tram the fireworks must have ended cuz this Yayhoo jumps in front of me and starts to rapidly break down his transfomer-like stroller all I saw was him disconnecting the baby carrier from the stroller part he literally tosses the baby carrier, with a small baby in it, on the floor which slides past the yellow line (OH MY!) and it proceeds to rotate, a la "spin the bottle", with baby inside!! I'm like, dood your baby! and he gives me a look like mind your own beeswax. He never looked down at his child to see what I saw. I hope I never get so caught up in that mentality to get out before the crowd does that it actually jepardizes me wee ones..... Or anyone elses

•   
    • NEVER to Old To Fly...

Blog Entries

But it's not all Asians..... Mainly Short Philipino Women who drive mini Vans in 2 lanes at once, and think stop signs are only 'suggestions'....
    -----------------------------------------------
    DISNEYLAND: Greatest Man-Made Place On Earth

YOSEMITE NATIONAL PARK: Greatest *GOD-Made Place On Earth

• Rainicorn.

Quote Originally Posted by PanTheMan
    But it's not all Asians..... Mainly Short Philipino Women who drive mini Vans in 2 lanes at once.
    At least spell Filipino right.

Asians, represent!

Resume your non-racist thread now, plz.

I'm sorry about your stroller. Things happen. Did they at least say excuse me or sorry? I would have.
    Well, light travels from the sun. Then, bounces off of our planet, and back into our eyes so we can perceive color. My body can intercept that light and dance around on it!

-- robotarmada.net --

•   
    • NEVER to Old To Fly...

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by robotpirates
    At least spell Filipino right.

Asians, represent!

Resume your non-racist thread now, plz.

I'm sorry about your stroller. Things happen. Did they at least say excuse me or sorry? I would have.

Ever heard of Sarcasm? Why Would I Bash Asians for bad driving? Me, being Irish, am usually passed out drunk after a good fight anyway...
    -----------------------------------------------
    DISNEYLAND: Greatest Man-Made Place On Earth

YOSEMITE NATIONAL PARK: Greatest *GOD-Made Place On Earth

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast