Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

• Not like Crocodile Dundee

Adelaide, South Australia (8199 miles from DL)
    Blog Entries

Re: Armchair Blue Skying the Whole Resort (A work in progress)

Quote Originally Posted by xRybo View Post
    Great ideas! The only thing I didn't understand was a Western town in the Disneyland Studios?
    If I understand you correctly you're referring to the Studio Lot town square? If you've been to some of the larger studio lots, they often have a town square that they use as a set. Like Universal's town square that was used in movies like Back To The Future. So it looks like a town square, but is in fact a movie set. Heck, you could write off a lot of things as "a movie set" in a studio lot theme.
    Disney FAQ#275: What is DCA?
    DCA stands for Disney Construction Area. All the Cast Members are themed with hard hats and steel toed boots.

• Fancy that...

holy %&#@(jkjk) thats amazing!!! no complaints! thats awsome

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by pianoman13 View Post
    holy %&#@(jkjk) thats amazing!!! no complaints! thats awsome
    Thanks, maybe one day I'll get some more time to put into the rest of the grand design and some concept art..... maybe... so busy I shouldn't even be looking at MC now
    DCA stands for Disney Construction Area. All the Cast Members are themed with hard hats and steel toed boots.

• MA Reader Since 2003

Sounds great, but I am a little confused about the third gate.

"Imagination is more important than knowledge..."
    -Albert Einstein

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Diznyfan View Post
    Sounds great, but I am a little confused about the third gate.
    It is a little radical, so I don't blame you. But any particular part that confuses you?

• Beach Expert

A beach town that Harbor Blvd was named after

Very good idea. Not too thrilled about a separate park for the Disney Studios. But I am not faulting you for that. I am not a fan of the Hollywood Backlot area of DCA anyway. You have the real thing just an hour away which is very different from what Disney is telling you it is.

IMO the only way the Backlot or a separate Studio park would work is if they actually do some productions in it. Otherwise I don't like Disney telling me what Hollywood should be like when I am right next door to the real thing that is anything but that and never will be.

• MA Reader Since 2003

The park will be housed in a two story building? Would everything be indoors, or just backstage stuff?

-Albert Einstein

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyIPresume View Post
    Very good idea. Not too thrilled about a separate park for the Disney Studios. But I am not faulting you for that. I am not a fan of the Hollywood Backlot area of DCA anyway. You have the real thing just an hour away which is very different from what Disney is telling you it is.

IMO the only way the Backlot or a separate Studio park would work is if they actually do some productions in it. Otherwise I don't like Disney telling me what Hollywood should be like when I am right next door to the real thing that is anything but that and never will be.
    I don't see how having a Studio Park making real productions solves your problem with having the real thing an hour away. My version of the park would be more fanciful, themed to the Hollywood Disney knew (1930s-ish). Not pretending to be a real studio at all, just as a theme.

Quote Originally Posted by Diznyfan View Post
    The park will be housed in a two story building? Would everything be indoors, or just backstage stuff?
    Just the backstage stuff, similar to The Magic Kingdom in WDW. It's called a Utilidor system.

The hidden parts of the larger rides as well as all the backstage access would be on the lower level, leaving more room on the upper level for the stage, which is open to the sky.

• Knows Where His Towel Is

Wow, I see some great ideas there. Ccan you expand on the monorail a little bit, add some more stations? Also, with a resort of this magnitude I think it would be well to add another monorail, stopping at the two pocket parks, Roy Plaza, and the third gate.

INTERGALACTIC WRITER FOR THE HITCHHIKER'S GUIDE TO THE GALAXY
    HOOPY FROODS:thinkingofdisney11, DisneyIzz, A113, dmtnt55, MikeSkellington, zephr, Incrediboy, JungleCruiseFan, PerformerInWaiting, MainStreetJake, The Disneylander, littleactressann, DapperJoshua, padgerfan, SS77, DisneyLove, GummiBears_Rock, fangalicious44, animekiti4christ, *disneyprincess*, monorailorange33, Colorized, iskategoofy, stevo505, mandypandy, williamtheking, CaptainEO,Atis, firebolt413, cocoa, WendyInWonderland, ICe101, itsxxdomoxxkun, esquivel

FOLLOW ME ON TWITTER!
    ASK ME ANYTHING! :: FORMSPRING.ME
    FOLLOW MY BLOG: <>

• Banned User

Very nice job, really, but I say go bigger. Have Disney buy up more land, including all the blocks between Ball Road and Orangewood Avenue, and between the 5 Freeway and Walnut Street. Give yourself more room to play in.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by The Disneylander View Post
    Wow, I see some great ideas there. Ccan you expand on the monorail a little bit, add some more stations? Also, with a resort of this magnitude I think it would be well to add another monorail, stopping at the two pocket parks, Roy Plaza, and the third gate.
    It's not terribly far between all those places, there's one station above DTD part way between Walt and Roy plazas, with backdoor access for ticketed guests into both pocket parks (note the small green arrows) as well as general speedramp(?) access down to DTD.

Originally I had a monorail system all over the place (Parks, parking structures & DTD), but then I hit on the idea of a bridge over Katella and Harbor into the third gate which places all the gates within walking distance of each other.

I was also toying with the idea of a Wedway (people mover) all over, like the old Westcot plans had, still nothing's written in stone yet!

• MA Reader Since 2003

I have an idea, why dont we all pitch in and help Disney buy up Anaheim real estate. That way Disney executives wont have to go without their enormous bonuses and we can have our dream resort. For our efforts we will get 10% off admission and a coupon for a free churro.

but then I hit on the idea of a bridge over Katella and Harbor into the third gate which places all the gates within walking distance of each other.
    In all seriousness this is a brilliant idea and I bet they really do something like this .

-Albert Einstein

• "I Break Things"

Completely random thought but couldn't the majority of the Disney Studios concept be applied to the existing Hollywood Backlot. Thereby enhancing the basic facade only land. Also the small "pocket park" would be in a constant state of construction on a pretty grand scale if you plan to constantly replace E tickets. Aside from that I loved it!

And chalk this up to newbie but what is meant by the term "Blue Sky" is it the no budget mentality, the complete removal never going to happen but this would be cool mentality or something else?
    "Happiness is a Low Water Level"

"Creating magical memories and making Managers cry since 1955!"

My cat just puked...personally- I don't like it.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by techskip View Post
    Completely random thought but couldn't the majority of the Disney Studios concept be applied to the existing Hollywood Backlot. Thereby enhancing the basic facade only land. Also the small "pocket park" would be in a constant state of construction on a pretty grand scale if you plan to constantly replace E tickets. Aside from that I loved it!
    Hopefully I'll imagineer some future classics that never need to be replaced If the e tickets are kept within the adaptable warehouse style buildings most construction should be kept out of sight. Apart from any façade updates.

Quote Originally Posted by techskip View Post
    And chalk this up to newbie but what is meant by the term "Blue Sky" is it the no budget mentality, the complete removal never going to happen but this would be cool mentality or something else?
    I'm probably stretching the blue sky term a lot here. But from what I understand, blue skying doesn't even need to be based in reality. It's a case of imagine then worry about the imagineering later. Hell they took 10 years to make HM work.

Quote Originally Posted by youcancallmechris View Post
    My cat just puked...personally- I don't like it.
    LOL 10 points for continuing my metaphor.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast