Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

• Can Only Wish For More!

Re: "HalloweenTime" & "HMH" are back!

Um, so, where do I find this new info. That first link don't work!

:0)
    Took mom to Disneyland for the first time in over 20 years this week! Woo!
    - March 1, 2006

She screamed, cried, and laughed...
    - me too!

Quote Originally Posted by AwesomeMan33 View Post
    HMH needs to go away
    Why? So not nearly as many people will go on that old ride anymore?

I was at Disneyland on Saturday and in the late afternoon the Haunted Mansion had a "5" minute posted wait time. The actual wait time was more like 3 minutes. A busy Saturday in August and Haunted Mansion is almost a complete walk-on! It was even hot that day, so you would think people would want to go on it just to get out of the heat for 10 minutes.

But when Haunted Mansion Holiday opens in September, and then throughout the Halloween and Christmas season, you'll never be able to find a Saturday when the wait time is only 5 minutes or less.

Haunted Mansion Holiday opens late September and the weekend wait times will be at least 45 or 60 minutes. Yeah, they should totally get rid of that Holiday thing, it's just not working for anyone.

HMH may be unpopular with a slim niche of a tiny demographic of Disneyland vistors. But the huge lines for the Holiday versions pretty much negate any real reason why Disney management should ever get rid of the Holiday version.

Maybe you could stand out on the lawn of the Mansion in late September and preach to the waiting masses why they shouldn't be in this long line for the Holiday version and how Disney is not managing their park correctly? Maybe you could plead with them and convince a few folks waiting in the long line to exit the queue and go ride Winnie The Pooh instead?
    Last edited by TP2000; 08-13-2007 at 02:00 PM.

• MiceAge Columnist
    • Dateline Disneylander

Quote Originally Posted by TP2000 View Post
    Why? So not nearly as many people will go on that old ride anymore?

I was at Disneyland on Saturday and in the late afternoon the Haunted Mansion had a "5" minute posted wait time. The actual wait time was more like 3 minutes. A busy Saturday in August and Haunted Mansion is almost a complete walk-on! It was even hot that day, so you would think people would want to go on it just to get out of the heat for 10 minutes.

But when Haunted Mansion Holiday opens in September, and then throughout the Halloween and Christmas season, you'll never be able to find a Saturday when the wait time is only 5 minutes or less.

Haunted Mansion Holiday opens late September and the weekend wait times will be at least 45 or 60 minutes. Yeah, they should totally get rid of that Holiday thing, it's just not working for anyone.
    Haunted Mansion, when properly cycling guests through, is almost always constantly loading, leaving minimal wait times for the attraction. Haunted Mansion Holiday, on the other hand, brings back Fastpass, which is completely unnecessary for an omnimover attraction as it makes the stand-by queue slow down, rather than continuously move.

I'm not saying that HMH isn't popular with guests, because clearly, it is. But Fastpass also inflates those waittimes that HMH supposedly boasts.

Photos, news, and commentary every week from Walt Disney's Magic Kingdom!

| | |

• Zero Blockout Dates

YEAH! Disney is getting me a HMH for my Birfday.
    Those guys are the bestest.
    IMO - YMMV - FYIGM

• This is my car, Stitch :)

Rancho Cucamonga, California, United States

Quote Originally Posted by SorcererMickey View Post
    It does seem like a little too long for HMH. I love it dearly but it really shouldn't go up until mid-Oct.
    Agreed. I love HMH but Sept. 21? Yikes...It should start Oct. 1 IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by Uzmati View Post
    See now that's funny (to me anyway) I think HMH should NEVER go away.

Quote Originally Posted by mouseinphilly View Post
    Tell that to Tim Burton. He created Nightmare Before Christmas.
    And for that, he RULES!!!

Quote Originally Posted by GhostHost2 View Post
    I don't think he is being sarcastic, IASW is definately the scariest ride in DL, can you name one scarier attraction in DL? I can't.
    For me, honestly, Snow White is the scariest and creepiest ride at Disneyland.

Quote Originally Posted by MaryAnn in Wndrlnd View Post
    I like the NBC overlay, for what it is. But having it occupy the mansion for over 25% of the year is overkill. Right before Halloween through 'til XMAS is just fine for me.
    Ditto.

• I can't stand you.

November? Ugh.

• Halloween 2011

HMH has always started no later than October 1. Its always in place for GayDays which are the first weekend in October.

I agree with SorcererMickey, any sooner than October seems a little early.

For me, I mean, Haunted Mansion is a big deal if it's your first time and you're a kid. It's almost sad to miss it for NMBC even if I am a fan.

I never knew it was Disney's for the longest time, the movie that is. Was it always?

• loves a silver lining

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by dougeebear View Post
    HMH has always started no later than October 1. Its always in place for GayDays which are the first weekend in October.
    Thank you. Which means it's only opening maybe a week earlier than normal. Nothing to get upset about.

Delta Mu Chi Alpha ΔΜΧΑ

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by TaraPiglet View Post
    "I never knew it was Disney's for the longest time, the movie that is. Was it always?"
    Prior to 2006, it was under Disney's Touchstone brand. When they started showing it in 3-D, it became a Disney movie.

• Zero Blockout Dates

Quote Originally Posted by TaraPiglet View Post
    I agree with SorcererMickey, any sooner than October seems a little early.
    I'm really very surprised no one understands the significance of the date. Sept 21 is usually the last day of summer. The day before the Autumnal Equinox, OK if you want to get hyper technical due to leap years it's the 23rd this year but traditionally 9/22 is considered the first day of Autumn ... the time of the Pumpkin King
    IMO - YMMV - FYIGM

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123