Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

•   
    • Senior Minion

New Poster In Park

I was just wondering if anybody had seen this poster walking through the tunnels at the park. I don't recall the fireworks show ever being put there, but it just jumps out at me and seems somewhat out of place. I like the show ... don't get me wrong ... but I am so used to seeing the ride posters as I walk through there. What do you all think?

• n/a

Re: New Poster In Park

Apparently Baloo enjoys the fireworks
    “Tragedy is when I cut my finger. Comedy is when you walk into an open sewer and die.” ~ Mel Brooks

•   
    • Senior Minion

Quote Originally Posted by demento57 View Post
    Apparently Baloo enjoys the fireworks
    ... I just noticed that!

• insufferable know-it-all

I love that poster! I hope they're taking good care of the one it supplanted and will replace it at some point.

Do you suppose they'll sell posters like it? I'd imagine they would...

Unusually and exceedingly peculiar and altogether quite impossible to describe...

nice

• Progressive Disneylander

I like the idea that the concept of ride posters isn't completely dead, While this one is not up there with the best ones, I still give them an 'E' for the effort. If anything, it probably means that RDCT is staying around for awhile and that's a great thing.

• "I Break Things"

Quote Originally Posted by KISSman View Post
    I like the idea that the concept of ride posters isn't completely dead, While this one is not up there with the best ones, I still give them an 'E' for the effort. If anything, it probably means that RDCT is staying around for awhile and that's a great thing.
    Didn't they just have a thread about it leaving? Not that I really care, I love the lack of line on most rides when Fantasmic and Fireworks start... sheep... gotta love it.
    "Happiness is a Low Water Level"

"Creating magical memories and making Managers cry since 1955!"

• Fight On for ol' SC!

Start looking for more new posters to start popping up. There will be no one poster that is the same in both tunnels, except for the FNSV poster. We will be getting a few more as time goes on.

• The one, the only...

I love good posters. I have a collection of many of Disneyland's finest. This one is a little poor on conception. Fireworks are about light moving and color flashing in the sky above you. This poster seems to only have the fireworks in two colors, white and purple. The original Wonderful World of Color understood this with the intro of the program featuring a Disneyland castle much like this one with colorful fireworks. The amount of space this poster features the backs of people's heads as much as the fireworks themselves. While it was cute to put Baloo in the crowd, it would have been better to put Mickey in the set. (No matter whether Baloo was inadvertently put there, it is a clear silhouette of Baloo.) Over all this and the new Nemo poster show how truly magnificent the older posters are. This one does not quite come up to represent the truly wonderful firework presentation of RDCT.
    Jiminy Cricket Fan

Love Disneyland and Walt Disney World!

I saw it last night... it's beautiful.

• "I Break Things"

Quote Originally Posted by JiminyCricketFan View Post
    I love good posters. I have a collection of many of Disneyland's finest. This one is a little poor on conception. Fireworks are about light moving and color flashing in the sky above you. This poster seems to only have the fireworks in two colors, white and purple. The original Wonderful World of Color understood this with the intro of the program featuring a Disneyland castle much like this one with colorful fireworks. The amount of space this poster features the backs of people's heads as much as the fireworks themselves. While it was cute to put Baloo in the crowd, it would have been better to put Mickey in the set. (No matter whether Baloo was inadvertently put there, it is a clear silhouette of Baloo.) Over all this and the new Nemo poster show how truly magnificent the older posters are. This one does not quite come up to represent the truly wonderful firework presentation of RDCT.
    I quoted the whole thing mainly because it was well written. The colors reflect the nightime aspect of YOMD. I agree with needs Mickey and possibly other animated friends sprinkled throughout the crowd in the same fashion as Baloo. I believe the point to having the huge crowd is to point out who is watching, not just the show itself. I really LOVE the old posters, and wish some of the vintage ones like the old J.C. elephant one would go back up.
    "Happiness is a Low Water Level"

"Creating magical memories and making Managers cry since 1955!"

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by techskip View Post
    I quoted the whole thing mainly because it was well written. The colors reflect the nightime aspect of YOMD. I agree with needs Mickey and possibly other animated friends sprinkled throughout the crowd in the same fashion as Baloo. I believe the point to having the huge crowd is to point out who is watching, not just the show itself. I really LOVE the old posters, and wish some of the vintage ones like the old J.C. elephant one would go back up.
    I think it is kind of cool to just have Baloo in the poster, it makes it unique and a more hidden joke. BTW, it is probably subliminal advertising for The Jungle Book: 2 Disc Platinum Edition coming out in October.

• Defying gravity

That's a great poster that showcases a relatively new attraction with a classic look!

• Stop That!

Quote Originally Posted by techskip View Post
    I agree with needs Mickey and possibly other animated friends sprinkled throughout the crowd in the same fashion as Baloo.
    Goofy is in there as well.

I like the poster... It seems to fit the classic style (especially the fonts), and it's always nice to see posters for attractions other than the usual suspects!

• Queen Elsa

The last time I was there I saw the new Nemo poster on the left side of the tunnle when u walk in the park.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast