View Poll Results: Would your mind change about Disney's current plans?

Voters
101. You may not vote on this poll
  • No. I want the Disney Gallery to remain put and it still wouldn't be worth it.

61 60.40%
  • Yes! I would change my mind because it would be an absolute dream come true for me to experience.

20 19.80%
  • No. I've supported the idea of them converting the Disney Gallery all along.

20 19.80%
Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

• Progressive Disneylander

If You Were Promised A One-Night Stay in the New DL Suite...

If you were guaranteed a one-night stay in the new suite inside of DL within the first year, would your mind change about the upcoming fate of the Disney Gallery?

On paper, I am not a big fan of the change of the Disney Gallery to the suite.

For me, one of the main reasons is because this decision will exclude many people -- including myself -- who will probably never enjoy a night in that room. But if I were promised a one-night stay...

I was just curious if it would change people's minds if they knew for sure that they would be one of the lucky few who would be overlooking Pirate Island for an evening.

• Minion

Re: If You Were Promised A One-Night Stay in the New DL Suite...

Nope, wouldn't change my mind.

• Defying gravity

Quote Originally Posted by GhostHost2 View Post
    Me either.

• Fight On for ol' SC!

Same, any decision to convert the gallery is bad. I've heard another rumor from a CM that they may convert the space for Club 33 and use it to rent out as a private party room for members. I am soooo sad the second story of NOS will now be all exclusive, it is a shame we are losing such a great place. I am going to sit up there the whole day on July 31 to protest the closing of the gallery. Maybe all of MC should go out on the balcony of the Gallery on the 31st and not move until we are forcefully removed from the space, how does that sound?

• "I Break Things"

I'll take the heat. I believe it would depend on 2 things.

#1 The Gallery would be moved, preferably to the Skyway Station in Fantasyland or another appropriate equivalent, and not just removed from the park entirely.

#2 The "Suite" would be done to the concept specifications of the plan for Walt's Royal Suite and decorated accordingly. I am not asking for original Walt pieces, but I feel replicas and period pieces would be a nice compliment and required decor. Love Cinderella but not at the loss of the Gallery. If the gallery goes it should be done right... and restored to the way it was intended. I support the idea for a suite if it is used and themed as Walt intended it, again without the complete loss of the gallery.
    Last edited by techskip; 07-14-2007 at 12:26 PM.
    "Happiness is a Low Water Level"

"Creating magical memories and making Managers cry since 1955!"

• Minion

uhm no

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Pineapple Queen

If the Disney Gallery would come back after the suite's short-term stay, then yes.

A little bit of a lesser solution, but if they moved the Disney Gallery up to the FL old Skyway chalet, I think I'd be ok with it, too.

But that was my stance before given the supposed guarantee that I'd get to stay in the suite.

• The Great Tiki

Blog Entries

I love the art gallery totally going to miss it. I looked forward to every new exhibit there.

But if they let me move in (forever i may be ok with it) One night would be nice. But forever would be much better.

• Former Epcot CM

Quote Originally Posted by GhostHost2 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by DisneyPrincess4590 View Post
    Me either.
    Quote Originally Posted by patattack View Post
    uhm no
    Wow, I bet you're all glad that you're not Pinocchio.
    BACKPACKING REALNESS

DISNEY TRIPS
    October 2000 - Walt Disney World Resort
    October 2001 - Walt Disney World Resort
    April 2002 - Disneyland Resort Paris
    October 2003 - Walt Disney World Resort
    October 2004 - Walt Disney World Resort
    October 2005 - Walt Disney World Resort
    October 2007 - Walt Disney World Resort
    December 2008 - Walt Disney World Resort
    July 2009 - Disneyland Resort Paris
    July 2011 - Disneyland Resort California
    July 2012-13 - UK Cultural Representative Cast Member at Epcot
    February 2013 - Disneyland Resort California
    February 2013 -Tokyo Disney Resort

(VERY OLD!)
    TRIP REPORTS

• Family Man

Honestly, I really enjoy change as I see it as a new adventure and a new place to explore. So I think that using that space for something new and exciting like a Fantasy Suite is appealing to me, especially if it is not just used as a "prize" given out at random and they actually rent it out for a price. Interesting enough either way.

I want to make it absolutely clear that I would only support the change if the Gallery is moved to another location and STILL EXISTS! I really love the gallery as well and would hate to see it disappear.

I do not know if any of you all had come to Las Vegas and had visited the Fashion Show Mall on the Strip before the expansion. They had a huge Disney Gallery store and as far as merchandise, it put the Disney Gallery at DL to shame. (sorry to say so...now as far as LOCATION, the DL location wins hands down!)

It was the most amazing collection of art, statues, and unique Disney gifts I have ever seen. I was so very depressed to see it go. They moved some of the sericels to the Disney store @ the Forum Shops at Caesars in a small room in the back with a couple of glass cases for the statues. I believe that it is now full of toddler clothes or something of that nature.

So I support change, although I guess I am somewhat conditional on the fact that the Gallery itself still be available at possibly another location.

• Banned User

I would not accept the prize. I would just politely say thank you but I am opposed to this idea, and leave it at that.

I didn't expect it to sway too many people -- although it is kind of a hard question to really answer knowing that there is no such prize actually awaits you should you change your mind on this issue.

For me, I do like the Disney Gallery and am all for keeping it in tact as compared to swapping it out and having it become the suite. However, if I were guaranteed night in the suite, I would change my mind because the Gallery isn't that important to me.

I usually go in the gallery only once during an entire week at the park so that one dream night would be worth more to me personally. My guess is that that one night of wonderful memories would likely outweigh all of my Disney Gallery memories combined.

• time to go

Quote Originally Posted by Speedway View Post
    Wow, I bet you're all glad that you're not Pinocchio.
    Are you questioning the integrity of these particular posters?

My vote was "no" as well. I've worked the graveyard shift at DL, many moons ago. Meh. No big deal. And the thought of essentially being trapped in the Gallery after park closing is not comforting at all. Nothing to really do but sleep. I can do that in a regular hotel room.

FWIW, I'd rather win a night's stay in a suite at GCH. If the Gallery suite were offered to me, I would turn it down. It's a great location when the park is open, but a sucky location when the park is closed.

• Directly directed

Absolutely not. I love that anyone can go into the Disney Gallery, I do not like the idea that the suite would be exclusive. And I love that I get to go through Club 33's kitchen to get in and since that's probably the closest I'm going to get to Club 33 I don't like that taken away. And I love the Fantasmic Desert Buffet and I'm upset that that will be gone too. I doesn't make sense to me to remove something that everyone can enjoy and that makes money (isn't a buffet ticket like the same price as admission?) to something that only a few people can enjoy and they have to be in the demographic to even enjoy it. And I also think it would be really creepy spending the night on property, all alone. I mean what if something happened? Or you wanted room service? I would for sure say no.

Talking Re: If You Were Promised A One-Night Stay in the New DL Suite...

Quote Originally Posted by Alice's Wonderland View Post
    And I also think it would be really creepy spending the night on property, all alone. I mean what if something happened? Or you wanted room service? I would for sure say no.
    I could be wrong, but I do believe that you will not be locked in for the night necessarily. My guess is that you will have at least a person or two to take care of you should you need anything. They will have to treat it like it's a proper suite and not a jail cell with pretty curtains.

Personally, I would love the opportunity to walk around DL after it's closed just to be able to do so, but I doubt that will be possible.

Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast