Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

• "I Break Things"

Angry Mickey & Friends Parking structure

Not sure if I am in the minority here or not. I am under the impression that a majority of the little ones who go to Disneyland/DCA are in strollers... so why did the design for Mickey & Friends only come with a couple elevators? EVERY time I go there is a huge line to get on where we park and an even bigger line to go back up when we want to leave. At this point it would be pretty expensive/impossible to add any more but I have to vent... it's completely beyond me why they did this... and hopefully someone can come up with a logical reason as to why.
    "Happiness is a Low Water Level"

"Creating magical memories and making Managers cry since 1955!"

• Banned User

Disneyland, I Go So Much Might As Well Live There!
    Blog Entries

Re: Mickey & Friends Parking structure

I agree, they should add more elevators. they parents with stollers tend to use the escalators when the sign says NO STROLLERS allowed on the escalators.

• -

I'm with you... MORE ELEVATORS!

• I love my family!

It really is shocking how many little things got missed in the design.

The lack of covers over the escalators being one of the biggest.

Do you guys remember that the parking spaces used to face the oppiste direction so you were pointed toward the back of the structure. You can still see some of the old lines.

I really don't know what they were thinking when they figured on the number of elevators but, I'd be willing to bet that budget had something to do with it.

• Minion

Dumbwaiters

• ...is fading out....

Blog Entries

We never used the elevators until we had our son - and now I know what you mean. There have been times that the line is just to dang long and we just take him out of the stroller and ride up the escalator - because it's moving.

There as poor planning in some areas of that structure - the elevators is one of them.

The others? I think there should be FAR more trash receptacles......and there should be a smaller restroom on each level and then the large one that is down below.

The thing I cannot figure out is why the parking attendants fill the entire front half of a row all the way to the end (which is where I ALWAYS get to park), and then the people who are a few minutes after me get to park all the way at the beginning of the same row but in the second tier? It would seem to be a much more equitable system to fill half the row (A to F), then fill the other half of the same row, then finish the rest of the same row (G to L) with the people who came later.

Does this drive anyone else crazy?

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by h2opolodad View Post
    The thing I cannot figure out is why the parking attendants fill the entire front half of a row all the way to the end (which is where I ALWAYS get to park), and then the people who are a few minutes after me get to park all the way at the beginning of the same row but in the second tier? It would seem to be a much more equitable system to fill half the row (A to F), then fill the other half of the same row, then finish the rest of the same row (G to L) with the people who came later.

I suspect that it has more to do with maximizing utilization and avoiding having to spread cast members throughout multiple levels as the filling progresses.

• ...is fading out....

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by h2opolodad View Post

Yes. What drives my wife and I crazy is when we are parked in the furthest area possible and we come to the escalator/elevator area and see rows where there are scads of open parking spaces up close. Not sure why they do this......but it seems to me that if they had walkie/talkies, they could say "Hey so and so - I have 3 spaces in Mickey in row 9 in between B and D" - and then they could stop the traffic and send the next three cars up to that area - that would be really cool if they would do that.

Yep- it drives me nuts that no matter what time I get there, I have to park all the way back and all the way over!
    As for strollers, I use an umbrella type, so I can fold it and ride down the escalators.
    I got around all that when I forgot to take the cartop carrier off of the minivan one trip...so they let me park on the ground!
    I reject your reality, and subsitute my own!

• no flash photography...

maybe they do not fill up the whole parking space at once because it would be a pita to try and get everyone out of the car, things in or out of the trunk and evryone moving. It's hard enough sometimes when someone is just next to you...I can only imagine how frustrating it would be with people behind me to or in front of me......
    \at any rate that does nt bother me. I ahve noticed the lies for the elevators, but I don't use them and the bathroom on each level thing I don't like. It's probba;y easier to watch one bathroom at one central location for security issues.

• MiceAge Columnist
    • Dateline Disneylander

Park in Timon.

All of these issues are non-isses at the Timon lot.

Photos, news, and commentary every week from Walt Disney's Magic Kingdom!

| | |

• I love my family!

Quote Originally Posted by MasterGracey View Post
    Park in Timon.

All of these issues are non-isses at the Timon lot.
    No AP parking in Timon.

No restrooms in Timon either.

• "I Break Things"

My wife and I use the umbrella stroller and that part is pretty simple. The "problem" is that we have 3 kids so we also have a double stroller filled with EVERYTHING those little ones will need for the day. No matter where we park we prefer to walk esp if it is crowded and they want us to "fold up" the stroller. Considering everything we have "folding up" isn't worth the hassle. If it's dead we can usually get away with leaving the stroller out... but we love the walk.

That's great and everything... but we can't exactly walk when we are on level 5... once we hit ground floor we're fine, which is what prompted this post.
    "Happiness is a Low Water Level"

"Creating magical memories and making Managers cry since 1955!"

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast