Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

• now that i see you ♥

Blog Entries

Fri 13 part Deux: Howler monkeys, "Whaaat was that?", and lightspeed to Endor!

I don't know where to begin with this day. I suppose, for the sake of chronology, I should start with the beginning, but I feel like you'd miss something. I'll do my best to fill in any of those gaps that I myself might create. ...and I apologize in advance for misspelling anyone's MC names, I cease to think of y'all as strictly online people I know.
    It all started at the La Brea Bakery Cafe, when three of our reservation for 15 showed up at our reserved time of 8:30AM. The unsure hostess seated us at our long table, and we said we'd wait for the rest of our party to arrive before ordering anything more than drinks. Shortly after we were seated, Brad Chowen arrived.

Brad and Dana. You can figure out who is who here.

"If you don't want to be in the picture, stick your hand out," I said, shortly after Alphabassetgirl arrived. She obliged.
    After all of 5 minutes of awkward silence, we all started talking about topics I can't even really remember. But we talked....until I noticed WeWants and my friend Dana laughing hysterically at seemingly nothing. It turns out there was a man sitting at the table behind us talking loudly to about four small children (and I'm talking 5 and 6 year olds) about his adventures in the Amazon.
    "...and you know what it was? It was a monkey. A howler monkey. And I don't even know what a howler monkey is," the man claimed.

"...okay then."--WeWants
    Soon after, BassBone and Dana's friend Sara joined our little party, which was actually right after the waiter rudely asked if he could split our tables up. (We only actually ended up with a party of seven.) After eating our meals, we found it was time to enter DCA and begin our trek to 13 rides on Tower before the park closed at 9:00PM.

The new cloud lettering overlay. I like it.

The lovely Alphabassetgirl

It be BassBone!!

Shortly after entering the park. Those Photopass people always try and get pictures of us...but I'm turning the tables!!! Hahahahahahahahaaa!!!!
    We arrive at the entrance to Hollywood right as the rope was being dropped, so after a quick bathroom break we headed over to Tower.

It begins!!!

The line was in the extended queue, but moving fast. 13 minutes usually means 'walk right into the lobby' but that was basically what happened anyway. Some random shots in line...

WeWants

Sara and Dana
    The line went by quickly and we soon had one ride down off our list.

The 13 group in the back row.
    This post is long enough, so....more in un momento.
    dreams. come. true.

• The Useless Prince

Blog Entries

Re: Fri 13 part Deux: Howler monkeys, "Whaaat was that?", and lightspeed to Endor!

looks like ya'll had fun!

• Banned User

Re: Fri 13 part Deux: Howler monkeys, "Whaaat was that?", and lightspeed to Endor!

Wow
    Dana is hot.
    is that wrong to say?
    Also, good pictures.

It was a blast. BHP, thanks for organizing this!!
    I pledge allegiance to the Earth, one planet, many gods, and to the universe in which she spins.

• now that i see you ♥

Blog Entries

I, surprisingly, didn't take as many in between photos as I normally do. I suppose that was due to the fact that we were all talking so much that I had no reason to try and kill time using another method of entertainment.

Most of the group (I accidentally cut two people from this shot) in the front rows.
    I missed taking number three. But it exists.

Number four...

...and for number five, we mixed it up and posed slightly!! Half the group...

...the other half of the group, still without expression.

Number six and making BassBone uncomfortable in the corner
    I got a call from Tiwat that he was near arrival at Tower, and he told me that he would be waiting at the exit. I was loitering in the gift shop to give him a bit of time to meet up with us, and WeWants went outside to wait. There was a man sitting next to the pillar who kept looking at her, and finally he asked, "Micechat?" It was Bill!! And Tiwat found us shortly afterward. We went from seven to nine people after six trips!
    Brad thought that, since it was early, we had time to do another trip on Tower before lunch.

Number seven, in a pose that Bassetgirl suggested. We are the entire right side of the car!

Lunch! As per Dana's obsessive-compulsiveness, we had to eat at the Pacific Wharf Cafe. Everyone soon broke into conversations, and before we knew it about an hour had passed and the Fastpasses we had gotten before heading off to eat were active. Reluctantly, we left the comfort of our shady tables to return to the stately Hollywood Tower Hotel. In the course of our first seven trips, we had one bellhop dispatching us twice in a row and saw him a third time as grouper. On our first trip around after lunch, we had him dispatching us yet again. He greeted each of us while we were being seated with "Welcome back," and after we returned he smiled and was joking with us about our goal. "Gee, I wonder why you're trying for 13 today of all days?" he laughed. As our group drifted down the stairs, I asked if I could get a hug and a picture. He obliged happily for both.

The bellhop Michael, looking oh-so spooky.
    I told him he made my list of all-time favorite bellhops. He beamed and thanked me for that honor.

Number eight, and pandemonium ensues.

Number nine, with more craziness.
    After going through the lowers (right) library, the bellhops bumped. How do I know? Because Michael was standing in the boiler room hallway waiting to switch. We all greeted him with cheers and I suggested he go on our thirteenth with us. He liked the idea, but said he would probably be going to lunch at that point. We didn't press the matter, but accused him of following us. "Who is following who?" he teased.

Our tenth image dropped into another dimension for reasons unknown. We didn't question it, we just documented it and moved on.
    Once more, we saw Michael the bellhop in the library on our next round. He smiled and greeted us again, and I finally just introduced myself. Someone yelled about how it was destiny that he had to join us, but he laughed once more and let us pass.
    "...and this elevator travels directly to....the OUTER LIMITS!!!"--Brad, in the library for number 11.
    This post is long enough. More to come in just a few.
    Last edited by CaitlinMcFly; 07-14-2007 at 01:47 PM. Reason: i can't count
    dreams. come. true.

• The Great Tiki

Blog Entries

Smile Re: Fri 13 part Deux: Howler monkeys, "Whaaat was that?", and lightspeed to Endor!

Currently stealing photos from you. I knew you would capture the day better than i could. I'll just add a few photos when you finish.

I guess no one wanted to do the the Saturday the 14th 14 times on Playhouse Disney idea. (Just kidding)

• WDW Fant! Premiere Cast

This looks like it was a fun day! Can't wait to see the rest, I'm on the edge of my seat anticipating wether your bellhop stalker joined you on drop #13!!!

• now that i see you ♥

Blog Entries

Re: Fri 13 part De[IMux: Howler monkeys, "Whaaat was that?", and lightspeed to Endor!

I realized my camera was just something weighing down my broken purse, so I pulled it out and started stealing people's souls.

BassBone's soul

BassetGrrl's soul

Brad's soul

This is the lovely Koree, who we had dispatched for us earlier in the day and whom we had seen a few times in other places also. She sighed at seeing us and said,"Why should I even do this spiel? You guys have heard it how many times today?" We said 11 after this one, and WeWants asked if she wanted to join us. She laughed and said she had only been on the ride once and never wanted to do it again. (Irony!) The car was mostly empty save for us and another group, and they had actually never been on the ride before, to which she told them,"Hold on to everything you love."

Number 11. Brad and WeWants made an invisible friend.

Number 12!! Oh no, do we make it?!?!

Look at how pretty Sara is!!
    Oh, right. The 13 thing.
    Yeah, we made it.

We completed the 13 drops! Yaaayy!!!

We commemorated the event with a group picture!! I'm not in it, we had to take our own, lol.
    Being that it was before 3:00 in the afternoon, we faced a dilemma....

What to do next. BassetGrrl suggested going over to Screamin', so we did. BassBone wasn't feeling well so he left.

Yay for short standby lines!

I hadn't been on Screamin' in a long time. It was nice to go on it again.
    And since I am still in my pajamas at 3:00PM today, I pause now to go get dressed. More soon--the day is still young!
    dreams. come. true.

• The Great Tiki

Blog Entries

Ok I'll let you be in the picture this time

• The Great Tiki

Blog Entries

P.S. I hear the camera adds 10 pounds ---(Well then I must have had an entire camera crew following me around all day" Yikes

• The Great Tiki

Blog Entries

Here is the we conquered the ride shot Ocean's 11 style (well Ocean's 8 + one behind the camera.)

• is too darn hot.

Good God am I fat!

Anyway, I had a wonderful time despite not feeling my best. I got home and discovered I had a temperature of 101.6. If I got anyone sick, I am very very sorry. I honestly didn't think I was that bad. I will try and get my pictures into this thread a bit later.
    The Right Honorable Count Boogie Bonz of Random, at your service.

On Track for Weight Loss!

• The Great Tiki

Blog Entries

Talking Re: Fri 13 part Deux: Howler monkeys, "Whaaat was that?", and lightspeed to Endor!

The Great Tiki's Soul (always a hard soul to capture) In front of the elavator shaft

• now that i see you ♥

Blog Entries

Our horribly lit Screamin' photos. Yes, I'm still being cheap and stealing the pictures--But when they stop overcharging, I'll start buying.

After Screamin' (and no one wanting to squeeze into one car on the Sun Wheel but me and WeWants) we mosied on over towards the front gate to go to DL. Brad and I started discussing the pros and cons of alcoholic beverages, and we agreed that the frilly fruity drinks--with alcohol or not--were awesome. That being said, we got some frozen lemonade. I got a strawberry one that was quite soft, but Brad's, well...

This frozen lemonade was kissed with the icy breath of Jack Frost himself. Jack Frost apparently lives in a freezer cart in DCA in the summer.

In DL

...so I take it RDCT is here to stay....?
    Our party got separated because Sara had to go to First Aid for a bandage for her ankle, but afterward we met up and went on Mansion.

"Alright!! Only 12 more times!!" I cheered as we exited the ride.
    We wandered around for all of five minutes before deciding on going on Pirates. Bassetgrrl had to depart at this point, but we all bid her a heartfelt farewell before going on the ride.
    http://z.about.com/d/gocalifornia/1/...carib-dl-t.jpg
    Stock Photo
    As we exited, we agreed to go into the Gallery to view it in its glory before it was demolished. Some of the art that was seen--

I noticed that this fountain was already pink and blue and 'royal,' a sure sign of things to come. I stood in the courtyard drinking the ambiance of the place in, trying to picture what it would be like once it was remodeled. I almost cried, and soon everyone else in the group was sitting quietly in the courtyard with me. It hit us, this was it. It would be gone soon. After a few moments, we walked back down those stairs one last time to do something else.
    On Indiana Jones, WeWants ended up driving (this girl doesn't deserve a license after that show of driving skills) with Dana, Sara and Bill in the front. WeWants made the familiar cry that had been said in honor of Dana on every ride--"Lightspeed to Endor!!"--as the car lurched forward. That was another ride I hadn't been on in a while.
    More to come in a few.
    Last edited by NeverNeverland; 07-14-2007 at 08:29 PM. Reason: Hotlinked Picture Removed
    dreams. come. true.

• now that i see you ♥

Blog Entries

The battle cry of "Lightspeed!" inspired us to go over to Star Tours, which had a line so short I didn't even stop to take pictures. So I took them as I walked.

After Star Tours, we stood around near the pointless giant ball fountain/statue thing debating as to what to do next. Bill got impatient so he became the Caitlin and led us to Red Rockett's for dinner.

WHY DO YOU MAKE NO SENSE?!

Honestly...this picture sums up the entire day.
    After our random dinner adventure, we braved the line for Space.

Pretty sunset pictures!!

Brad and Tiwat

Bill

Adrienne and the back of Dana's head

...Dana

Hey it's Sara! Making the same smile as before!

The line. Heavy, but moving.

To pass the time, WeWants entertained the crowd with bubbles!! Except they're the random kind that you can catch!

There they go!

...and go!

"Damn it feels good to be a gangsta!"--WeWants

Brad and Bill. Looking excited.
    Brad had to leave us at that point.
    And then there was six.

My favorite picture that I took.
    We went over on BLAB, and Bill kicked all of our butts. We then fought our way over to Big Thunder to look for the ghost--no sightings there--and then got on the Matterhorn, Tomorrowland side.
    Then, Dana had a bright idea.
    "Let's go on Splash!!"
    T_T
    In case you didn't see, I was in a white and blue--but mostly white--dress. And I had no jacket.
    And, if I may quote every single character on Star Wars, 'I have a very bad feeling about this!'
    To make a long story short--

I have never gotten so wet on that ride in my entire life. I got revenge on the fairly dry Dana by dumping a bottle of water over her head. We then had to depart for WeWants' house for some much desired rest.

For those who went and want the full list of photos, here is the album.

I hope everyone there had as much fun as we did, and I hope anyone who read will be in our next trip report! Have a lucky weekend!
    dreams. come. true.

Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast