Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Discovery Bay

• Minion

Discovery Bay would be soooo perfect as a replacement to Paradise Pier in DCA.

I don't see DCA staying the way it is .. indifinately. Sooner than later .. major sections will need to be retooled .. if this park is to ever be a success. Discoverybay is "The Barbary Coast" (San Francisco) circa 1870s/80s. Well ... DCA started a Turn of the 19th Century styled section with Golden Dreams (1930s) .. and ahhhhh ... bathrooms. So why not continue what they barely started .. by working their way all the way around ... to the warf area (Cannery Row anyone?) ... They have a large lagoon to work with. DiscoveryBAY needs a body of water to work with. It's a larger piece of property to IMAGINEER away .......... So why not.

• Iron-Clad Allie

Quote Originally Posted by Escapé
    Discovery Bay would be soooo perfect as a replacement to Paradise Pier in DCA.

I don't see DCA staying the way it is .. indifinately. Sooner than later .. major sections will need to be retooled .. if this park is to ever be a success. Discoverybay is "The Barbary Coast" (San Francisco) circa 1870s/80s. Well ... DCA started a Turn of the 19th Century styled section with Golden Dreams (1930s) .. and ahhhhh ... bathrooms. So why not continue what they barely started .. by working their way all the way around ... to the warf area (Cannery Row anyone?) ... They have a large lagoon to work with. DiscoveryBAY needs a body of water to work with. It's a larger piece of property to IMAGINEER away .......... So why not.
    Very good point! That junk heap needs to be turned over to the pigeons.

• the subs were cool maan

Quote Originally Posted by DBFan117
    Discovery bay was going to go in the space behind big thunder mt not by the matterhorn. And I think it would fit perfectly in DCA because it has a california theme already.
    Dude, are you thinking of the Discovery bay over by tracy/stockton in Norcal? I dont think that would make much of a theme park considering it is manmade.....

Quote Originally Posted by mp3piratesavvy
    Dude, are you thinking of the Discovery bay over by tracy/stockton in Norcal? I dont think that would make much of a theme park considering it is manmade.....
    I don't know what that is.

But I saw concept art for discovery bay and it said it is based on san fransico in the past. I'm not sure if it is the san fransico that never was or what but it deffinitly had the california theme.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123