View Poll Results: Which one would be a great suite?

Voters
40. You may not vote on this poll
  • Aladdin

2 5.00%
  • Little Mermaid/Finding Nemo/Atlantis

2 5.00%
  • The princesses (ALL of them)

1 2.50%
  • Jungle Cruise/Tiki/Jungle Book/Swiss Family

2 5.00%
  • Haunted Mansion

18 45.00%
  • Frontierland

0 0%
  • Critter Country

0 0%
  • suite based specifically on Walt himself

3 7.50%
  • Alice in Wonderland

9 22.50%
  • Peter Pan

3 7.50%

• "I Break Things"

Smile Which Suite would you like to see at DLH?

This is a bit of a spinoff of an existing thread http://www.micechat.com/forums/showthread.php?t=70530 . I love the idea of a Haunted Mansion suite at the DLH and that got me thinking... what other movies/attractions would make a good theme? We already have Mickey (wish that was the origional gang and not just Mickey but as is) and we have Pirates (ummm ok) so.....

Which Animated movie or current Attraction would be a great theme for a hotel suite and why? Sadly I was limited to 10 on the poll so if I missed your "favorite" I meant no offense.
    "Happiness is a Low Water Level"

"Creating magical memories and making Managers cry since 1955!"

• Knight that says Nee!!

Re: Which Suite would you like to see at DLH?

I agree, HM suite would be great.

• WDW Fant! Premiere Cast

I voted for Alice in Wonderland. There is so much that could be done with the theming. The bathroom could be dedicated to The Walrus and the Carpenter, one bedroom could be the flower garden, the dining room would obviously be a tea party. Have a wall light with a dimmer switch be the Cheshire Cat's grin.

There is so much that could be done with the theming. The bathroom could be dedicated to The Walrus and the Carpenter, one bedroom could be the flower garden, the dining room would obviously be a tea party. Have a wall light with a dimmer switch be the Cheshire Cat's grin.
    Yes, and think of the growing and shrinking; there could be furnishings that make the user feel larger or smaller. I'd love the colors and fantasy of an Alice suite.

• Directly directed

Alice in Wonderland. I'd love to see what improvements I could make to my room!

• "I Break Things"

As I said before I would LOVE a Jungle themed room. I would imagine it something like Rainforest Cafe, with bamboo beds, bunk beds straight out of Swiss, possibly a canopy bed with the old JC candy stripes, and various other jungle furnishings. I would also like the option of hammocks and other hanging furniture. The shower would be an actual waterfall and the dining room table a map of the Jungle itself. I'll post concepts on all of them when I have a moment (still working on that).

I also strongly feel that the suite in the park should be dedicated and themed to Walt and the apartment he planned in that space. I feel that would put the loss of the Gallery into proper context while providing a sense of pride and history in Disneyland. Cinderella might be nice, you could walk around and say "Imagineering did a good job" but thats it. IF they copied the plans and concepts... it wouldn't be Imagineering... you would walk around and say "Walt planned this" and realize that even though he's gone some things live on.
    Last edited by techskip; 07-15-2007 at 07:05 PM.

I voted for HM, because to be able to sleep in a suite themed to the HM ride would make me feel as though I were staying in the ride after everyone left.... Gives me goosepimples just thinking about it!

• Comin' at ya!

You left out Pirates, Indiana Jones, and star tours!
    "Pain is temporary, Film is Forever..."

http://www.youtube.com/user/DisneyDude

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Pineapple Queen

A PotC suite already exists, silly.

I voted for HM, hands-down! That would be amazing. My dream house would be very much like HM.

They all have great potential, but I think a lot could be done with an Alice and Wonderland theme. HM is my second choice.
    Everybody’s got a laughing place. Trouble is, most folks won’t take the time to go look for it. And where it is for one, it mightn’t be for another. ~ Splash Mountain

•   
    • Skeevy Ray Vaughan

I voted Haunted Mansion! Although if they had a mirror on the ceiling, I'd hate to see Phinieus or Gus between my wife and I. Not a 3some I had in mind.

Chad

• "I Break Things"

Sorry this is quick, don't have the proper time to dedicate to a complete room by room concept! I did do one a while back for Swiss but can't seem to find it now.

Aladdin- Fairly simple to create this one. Primarily Arabian decor throughout, you could also theme a room to the cave of wonders, and toss in things like Genie's lamp. I would also love to see them turn "Rug" into dining room chairs! I also imagine the bathroom having a fountain in it similar to the one in the garden. All the beds would be covered in pillows.

Little Mermaid/ Finding Nemo/ Atlantis- LOTS of aquariums and also large aquatic pieces for kids to climb on. You could actually theme each room around one of the movies and leave the master suite as a dedication to 20,000 Leagues.

The Princesses- Self explaintory

Jungle/Tarzan/Tiki/Swiss- Totally go wild with this one. Like the underwater one you could have a theme for each room leaving the parent's suite as Swiss Family complete with a tree loft style bed! Somewhere you have to toss in the steering wheel! Also waterfall/ huge pool in the bathroom, and a map of the Jungle inlaid on the table!

HM- someone did a whole thread on this so no need to rehash, basically use all the elements of the HM and toss in the bending doors as well as "ghost footsteps" that would play randomly in surround sound but be turned off if need be! Toss in a couple paintings with moving eyes and have an extra "Guest" in the bathroom mirror!

Frontierland- pretty much based on Thunder and the Old West, you also have a chance to toss in Stage Coach, Mark Twain, and some of the now "extinct" rides.

Critter Country- I would LOVE to have a room themed around Splash, and the Southern theme in general. No specifics, just have fun with it.

Walt's Place- Use some of the layout/furnishing style of the apartment, also the concept for the royal suite. Cover the walls with his drawings and concepts of Disneyland and various Disney movies, complete with enhancement notes. Overall this is the type of suite I would love to see if they do tear out the Gallery.

Alice- Someone already covered this... lots you can do... also thought a room dedicated to the Red Queen would be cool!

Peter Pan- Probably the most overlooked one. You have the Lost Boys, Indian Village, Pirates, Captain Hooks cabin, The Nursery, Mermaid Lagoon.... sooooo much you can do with this

• "I Break Things"

You also have Tomorrowland. Think of it like the tv show Monster House with a flying saucer in the ceiling and everything tied into wired and wireless touchpanels. Everything could be automated and at your becking call with the push of a dynamic fully animated touchpanel "button". I would equate it to something right out of the Jetson's. On the walls, various pictures of House of Tomorrow as well as "living" digital artwork that could change every x minutes (fully programable)

• Genteel Amphibian

Quote Originally Posted by aashee View Post
    I voted Haunted Mansion! Although if they had a mirror on the ceiling, I'd hate to see Phinieus or Gus between my wife and I. Not a 3some I had in mind.

Chad
    LOL!

Oh my god I havent laughed like that in a while. The mental picture... LOL!