View Poll Results: What unofficial attraction should take HITA'S place?

Voters
181. You may not vote on this poll
  • A Wall-E Attraction

    14 7.73%
  • Meet The Robinson's 4D

    20 11.05%
  • Mission Space

    62 34.25%
  • I dont know......still thinking

    42 23.20%
  • I want to keep HISTA

    4 2.21%
  • Other........(explain)

    39 21.55%
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 121
  1. #16

    • Minion
    • Offline

    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    corona
    Posts
    1,938

    Re: If HISTA was taken out, which of these attractions would you put in its place?

    i thought stitches escape was a terrible ride
    ill have to go watch a youtube of it

  2. #17

    • ~Mambo Italiano~
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    CA
    Posts
    1,008

    Re: If HISTA was taken out, which of these attractions would you put in its place?

    Hmmmm Alien encounter you say?

  3. #18

    • Disney worshipper/geek
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Westchester, California
    Posts
    904

    Re: If HISTA was taken out, which of these attractions would you put in its place?

    HISTA needs to GO! I agree, certainly.

    What should go in is a bit of a touchy subject.

    I'm objecting to Wall-E mainly because I'm not interested in something else related to a film going in. That's not what Tomorrowland is about-constant movie tie-ins. Especially with it being so new and older classics around the parks and "World or Disney" are being neglected.

    I'm not tempted to have anything to do with 'Meet the Robinsons' after what I learned about the plot. My understanding (correct me if I'm wrong) is that the main character cannot be adopted for some reason like because prospective families don't like him or whatever. I thought that was just a terrible thing to portray especially since my goddaughter is having a bit of trouble lately with the idea of being adopted, like my aunt is going to give her back up. I just don't think I want to go along with anything that endorses such a horrible idea.

    Mission Space seems to be the best option. Unless a good original idea can actually be implemented here.
    My mind won't rest
    and I don't sleep
    Not even in my dreams...
    -"If You Ever Did Believe"
    written by Stevie Nicks

    Chasen Matthew Pacheco
    1985-2005

  4. #19

    • Disneyland Addict
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Pleasant Grove, UT
    Posts
    213

    Re: If HISTA was taken out, which of these attractions would you put in its place?

    Other: Mickey's Philharmagic

  5. #20

    • Minion
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    2,206

    Re: If HISTA was taken out, which of these attractions would you put in its place?

    Quote Originally Posted by SILVERMOUSE21 View Post
    Hey guys is Mission Space cool?
    No. It is pretty dull.

    I voted other. What I would want in Tommorowland is an updated Adventures Thru Inner Space, I never got to ride the old one, but it sounds like it has the potential to be a Disney classic. I would perfer for HISTA to stay, but I would take Adventures thru Inner Space over it.

  6. #21

    • Minion
    • Offline

    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    corona
    Posts
    1,938

    Re: If HISTA was taken out, which of these attractions would you put in its place?

    he doesnt get adopted because he uses all these inventions and ruins the interview thing. More into it you would see that he doesnt get adopted because he doesnt go at all to the interviews, he is too busy working on his invention to use on himself to see who his mother is.

    Maybe you should watch it

  7. #22

    • ~Mambo Italiano~
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    CA
    Posts
    1,008

    Re: If HISTA was taken out, which of these attractions would you put in its place?

    Quote Originally Posted by GhostHost2 View Post
    No. It is pretty dull.

    I voted other. What I would want in Tommorowland is an updated Adventures Thru Inner Space, I never got to ride the old one, but it sounds like it has the potential to be a Disney classic. I would perfer for HISTA to stay, but I would take Adventures thru Inner Space over it.

    Is all you do on Mission Space is spin?




  8. #23

    • Minion
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    2,206

    Re: If HISTA was taken out, which of these attractions would you put in its place?

    Quote Originally Posted by SILVERMOUSE21 View Post



    Is all you do on Mission Space is spin?



    Mission: Space is a simulator on a centrifuge. Each centrifuge has several ride vehicles each holding 4 people. There is a small screen displaying video game graphics of your "mission" in front of each guest. The ride spins to make people feel G-Forces, there is some other movement, but it is very slight. Some people say they liked the weightlessness part of it, but I hardly felt nothing. I belive that the toned down non spinning green version might have more movement to make up for no spinning.

  9. #24

    • Progressive Disneylander
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Philly
    Posts
    1,240

    Re: If HISTA was taken out, which of these attractions would you put in its place?

    Mission: Space would get my vote. It's a pretty cool attraction overall. Probably the best attraction currently in EPCOT so it would definitely be a welcome and fitting addition to Tomorrowland in DL.

    Alien Encounter (the original) would be an acceptable upgrade as well. The Stitch version -- not so much.

    Mickey's Philharmagic would be a good choice as an upgrade over HISTA, but would have no business being in Tomorrowland. I'm pretty lenient when it comes to putting things that don't exactly fit the theme of a land or an area, but Philharmagic doesn't even come close to fitting in Tomorrowland, unfortunately.

  10. #25

    • MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Get the Iodine!
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Here
    Posts
    17,659
    Blog Entries
    10

    Re: If HISTA was taken out, which of these attractions would you put in its place?

    Quote Originally Posted by patattack View Post
    im pretty sure they took them out to build space mountain
    From what I heard they were took out because of Adventures Thru Inner Space. But I'm not sure though.

    I would put something Tron related in there. But this version of Tron would have better visual effects than the ones used in the movie.

  11. #26

    • Happiest Girl On Earth
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Irvine/Orange, CA
    Posts
    268

    Re: If HISTA was taken out, which of these attractions would you put in its place?

    Philharmagic would be GREAT! But the auditorium for HISTA doesn't have the volume that Philharmagic would need - plus it doesn't really belong in Tomorrowland... Although HISTA currently belongs in Yesterland...

    There I was somewhere West of Tomorrowland
    Flying through the stars just like
    Peter Pan
    I said...Dang this looks too good to be true...

    It's a nice day when you wake up in
    Disneyland...
    -Five For Fighting, "Disneyland"

  12. #27

    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    187

    Re: If HISTA was taken out, which of these attractions would you put in its place?

    A new version of Alien Encounter would be cool... maybe updated to something with a little more re-rideability..

    Instead of a clone of Mission: Space, what about a completely immersive 180 degree 3D IMAX experience complete with in-house effects centered around a visit to space? Or would Space Mountain, Star Tours and another visit to space be too redundant?

  13. #28

    • Old Timer
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    San Pedro, CA
    Posts
    601

    Re: If HISTA was taken out, which of these attractions would you put in its place?

    Quote Originally Posted by patattack View Post
    flying saucers
    I was lucky enough to ride the flying sausers. They were great fun. Bumper cars that floated on air and moved by leaning. However the reason they were taken out is because the technology wasn't up to the wear and tear of constant use. Unfortunatly, I'm not certain that the ride has a high enough 'gee wiz' factor to wow today's jaded youth. Too bad for them.

  14. #29

    • Winter in Oceanside...
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    6,747

    Re: If HISTA was taken out, which of these attractions would you put in its place?

    I would love to see something NOT related to a movie. Something that would be fresh and new and stand the test of time for a few decades. I haven't put much thought into it but I would prefer it be more "everybody" oriented (as opposed to M:S which can leave many people out in the cold.)

  15. #30

    • Minion
    • Offline

    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    corona
    Posts
    1,938

    Re: If HISTA was taken out, which of these attractions would you put in its place?

    Quote Originally Posted by Lynn, Renaissance Woman View Post
    I was lucky enough to ride the flying sausers. They were great fun. Bumper cars that floated on air and moved by leaning. However the reason they were taken out is because the technology wasn't up to the wear and tear of constant use. Unfortunatly, I'm not certain that the ride has a high enough 'gee wiz' factor to wow today's jaded youth. Too bad for them.
    if disney can make disney seas they can update flying saucers and make them really cool.

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Transformers Ride in place of HISTA
    By RocketRodRider88 in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 61
    Last Post: 05-29-2008, 05:42 PM
  2. Hista
    By Uno in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 43
    Last Post: 04-08-2005, 07:16 AM
  3. Hista
    By sorceress1986 in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 03-15-2005, 07:42 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •