A friend and I are visiting the resort and some other area attractions at the end of August -- Thursday the 23rd through Sunday the 26th -- and we'd be appreciative if any of the many local folk could help us out with some questions. I read this site and some others pretty regularly and know quite a bit about the resort, so I'll spare y'all with questions about wait times and weather

1 -- Does anyone have any idea what's going to happen to the Disney Gallery's Print on Demand system? I understand that the Gallery is closing and that there was a similar Print on Demand system in World of Disney, but it didn't have nearly the same selection of artwork as at the Gallery. I was really looking forward to adding some more artwork to my walls again this year and would be sad to see the system disappear.

2 -- We'd like to spend a night on the town Friday or Saturday evening, but I don't really know much about the area outside the resort. Is there anything nearby -- within a reasonable cab ride, even -- that could be considered a dance club? Karaoke? I've read here about the Lost Bar at the Disneyland Hotel, but can't seem to find very much specific information about it. Is it just a typical hotel bar insofar as The Disneyland Hotel is a typical hotel? When does it close? Hell, when is last call in California? We're staying at the Howard Johnson on Harbor, so we don't want to stray too far, though we do have a car -- so if there's something great worth seeing, we may be up for it.

3&4 -- How much time should we leave for a trip up to Universal City on a Saturday morning? Is there time enough to visit Universal Studios for the day and make it to an evening performance of Wicked at the Pantages? Do y'all dress up nicely for the theater? Here in Seattle, people wear the strangest clothes to the theater -- everything from full-on formal dresses to jeans and birkenstocks. We'd be well dressed tourists after a day at Universal, but we'd still be tourists and it seems completely ridiculous and insane to drive back to Anaheim to change.

5 -- And, finally, I guess -- Long Beach is a tiny, itty bitty airport and I can't imagine that the typically recommended arrival two hours early is needed here. Does anyone have any experience as to how long it typically takes to get to your gate? I want to maximize my time at the resort on Sunday before my 6 PM departure.

Thanks so much. I know that practically none of these questions concern Disneyland itself, so if there's a better place for answers, please point it out