Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Digging to Earth's center

DCA Ride Clones?

What should DCA do with its ride clones? Like:
    - Tower of Terror
    - MuppetVision 3D
    - Turtle Talk with Crush
    - Animation (that originally came from Disney Studios in WDW right?)
    - Jumpin' Jellyfish
    - It's Tough to be a Bug!
    (Soarin' isn't a clone!! Epcot cloned it, remember?)
    (Also, Toy Story Mania! is being built at the same time as the one in WDW, so it isn't cloned, plus TSM was ORIGINALLY built for DCA only, but they had to clone it to WDW too)

Look what DisneySea did to their cloned attractions... they made Tower of Terror look better than the USA towers! They made Jumpin' Jellyfish even look better than DCA's (notice the heavy metalwork to make the jellyfishes look like umbrellas). They even made Indiana Jones look good (if not, better in some ways, like the shooting darts scenes weren't cardboard figures)...

What should DCA do to its ride clones? Should it expand TOT backward, and make it a full-blown mega awesome attraction like TDS did to its own? Should MuppetVision 3D be torn out of either WDW or DCA so only one exists? I want ITTBAB to stay, but Turtle Talk doesn't belong in Animation, does it? They should make a Nemo land in DCA.

And improve their jellyfish, if not, toss them out with the rest of the carnival stuff they have up right now.

If DCA improved its ride clones, do you think possibly that it could improve the rest of its attractions with style? Maybe it could compete with the way-awesome TDS?

• Minion

Re: DCA Ride Clones?

I like the fact that Tokyo DisneySea's Jumpin' Jellyfish actually fits in the land it's in (Mermaid Lagoon). They also look much more detailed and like real jellyfish.

~ Tokyo DisneySea’s Arabian Coast at nighttime ~

^ Yes, I agree with you! At least Jumpin Jellyfish fit its theme. DCA put it in why? Maybe they wanted at least one thing from TDS, and thought it meant they were doing top-quality? (I'm still pondering on this one)

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by FinalAdventure View Post
    ^ Yes, I agree with you! At least Jumpin Jellyfish fit its theme. DCA put it in why? Maybe they wanted at least one thing from TDS, and thought it meant they were doing top-quality? (I'm still pondering on this one)
    At the very least, they could've made it look as pretty as Tokyo DisneySea's version.

• Minion

dca is ripping its jellys out soon dont worry.

• is too darn hot.

What exactly is different about the Tokyo ToT aside from the storyline? I was under the impression that the layout is roughly the same.
    The Right Honorable Count Boogie Bonz of Random, at your service.

On Track for Weight Loss!

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by BassBone View Post
    What exactly is different about the Tokyo ToT aside from the storyline? I was under the impression that the layout is roughly the same.
    The layout is roughly the same. However, the theming is much more elaborate and beautiful. The queue is breathtaking and one of the best queues ever designed by WDI; much better than the other Tower of Terrors. The preshow is, arguably, the most impressive effect ever created by WDI. I believe that WDI said that the exterior facaded was the most detailed ever created for an attraction. I like the storyline of Tokyo DisneySea's version much better. It's simply richer and deeper.

DCA Tower:
    5 people boarded the elevator and got zapped into the twilight zone

TDS Tower:
    Mr. Hightower owned this magnificent hotel; he was a collecter, and one day he obtained the idol Shriki Utundu... it turned on him, and he vanished; the hotel was shut in panic. Where is Hightower? It's your turn to find out.

^ Is this right? Never been to TDS (yet!) and that's what I've heard.

• Progressive Disneylander

I don't see a need to touch many of these. The attractions themselves are all great (except for the Jellyfish, but that's only because I'm too old to go on them).

As for theming, the problem is that there is such a space constraint in Anaheim as compared to the other parks. In several of these cases, I think they did a good enough job.

The only one I'd like to see more done with is It's Tough To Be A Bug. I know the line area is an ant hole, but it seems just sort of blah. I would enjoy it if there was something more elaborate done on the outside. It just looks rather drab. Being that it's the centerpiece of the Bug's Land area, it's especially odd that it's the least imaginatively themed attraction in the entire area.

• Minion

i like both stories alot actually.

Quote Originally Posted by KISSman View Post
    The only one I'd like to see more done with is It's Tough To Be A Bug. I know the line area is an ant hole, but it seems just sort of blah. I would enjoy it if there was something more elaborate done on the outside. It just looks rather drab. Being that it's the centerpiece of the Bug's Land area, it's especially odd that it's the least imaginatively themed attraction in the entire area.
    Exactly!! (a little strange thing about ride clones, but I'm not sure if WDW cloned this one, or DCA did)

So, let's go down an ant hole and see if we turn into bugs!! And magically, we exit and we're not??

Agreeing with the fact it should be themed better. Love the show, though!

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by FinalAdventure View Post
    Exactly!! (a little strange thing about ride clones, but I'm not sure if WDW cloned this one, or DCA did)

So, let's go down an ant hole and see if we turn into bugs!! And magically, we exit and we're not??

Agreeing with the fact it should be themed better. Love the show, though!
    It was cloned from Animal Kingdom, where it opened with the park in 1998. I think the queue for Animal Kingdom's version is much better because you travel down the paths around the Tree of Life. It's more detailed and impressive.

• For You!

All I know is that my kids love the jumpin' jellyfish - it fits with the King Triton carousel and Ariel's Grotto (I know, a little random, but still). It's a fun little ride.

Will trade husband for Disneyland and DCA Pins!

Quote Originally Posted by BFJen View Post
    All I know is that my kids love the jumpin' jellyfish - it fits with the King Triton carousel and Ariel's Grotto (I know, a little random, but still). It's a fun little ride.
    I wish they could've put the Jumpin' Jellyfish near Ariel's Grotto and the carousel... not near Mullholland, S.S rustworthy, and McDonalds.

• Minion

all that junk on the right side of the pier needs to be thrown into the lagoon or sold for cash to help with wonderful world of color lagoon show and a little mermaid dark ride

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast