Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Minion

Gold Rush land in DCA-DCA's New Orleans Square

I think a Gold Rush land should be put in DCA, ecspecially if DCA stays California themed. Would it be too reduntant, with Frontierland in DL? I would say no, because of the potential for greatness a Gold Rush themed area has in DCA. I think it could be the New Orleans Sqaure of DCA, with two higly immersive dark rides. One would be the famed Western River Expedition, which would be DCA's POTC. It would be a 10-15 boat ride with small drops. The other ride would be similar to DLP's Phantom Manor, only without certain elements that make it similar to the Haunted Mansion. The Phantom Manor's ghost town finale is radically different from the Haunted Mansion. DCA's Phantom Manor like attraction could focus more on this ghost town, going inside of buildings inside this ghost town. Adding these attractions would help DCA more than any PIXAR based ride would (even though I love PIXAR) because they would be throw backs to the rides that made Disneyland great (and not be movie based). If one of these rides were to turn into a thrill ride/ dark ride combo like Indiana Jones Adventure or TDS's Journey to the Center of the Earth that could be really cool.

• Minion

Blog Entries

Re: Gold Rush land in DCA-DCA's New Orleans Square

eh, i don't want to pay for my park hopper just to get a retheamed nos.....maybe if they made some original rides......but i wouldn't like what your suggesting.

• MA Reader Since 2003

I would like what your suggesting, but it will never happen. Unfortunatey the folks that approve Disneys attractions only want off the shelf rides that require no creativity, or talent. It would be so great to see an attraction that wasnt based on a movie or cartoon like POTC and HM. I wish WDI could be given free reign to create something great for DLR, something that could capture the hearts of generations to come.

"Imagination is more important than knowledge..."
    -Albert Einstein

• Minion

sorry instead were getting carland

but some people in WDI might actually be trying to push something like this

if dca got western river expedition and a really cool chinatown/san fran area it would already be worlds better

•   
    • Blind to His Own Faults

While a 'Gold Rush' area of the Park is certainly appropriate now, the scheduled (not finalized) thematic overhaul of DCA (to a 30's-40's time period) may preclude any additions to the Park referencing earlier CA history.
    If a 'Boomtown/Gold Rush' theme were to be employed, I would rather see it installed in Frontierland, personally. A new train station and accompanying 'Boom Town' full of life and activity is what Frontierland needs to wake it up out of its long hibernation (dismantling?).

• Minion

it would work not all of disneyland matches a time period, and DCA cant all match the time period either, because of hollywood backlot, and then it would throw off TOT.

•   

Quote Originally Posted by patattack View Post
    it would work not all of disneyland matches a time period, and DCA cant all match the time period either, because of hollywood backlot, and then it would throw off TOT.
    My point was, they may be reluctant to spend valuable resources installing new attractions that conflict with a possible re-theming project; a project that may or may not make sweeping changes to DCA.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by patattack View Post
    sorry instead were getting carland

but some people in WDI might actually be trying to push something like this

if dca got western river expedition and a really cool chinatown/san fran area it would already be worlds better
    As much as I like the movie Cars, a Carsland would be a sorry substitute for what I proposed. I wish the executives would let WDI make attractions whose main purpose isn't to sell merchandise. I bet Nemo merchandise sells have gone up 500% in DL, since FNSV opened.

Quote Originally Posted by fo'c's'le swab View Post
    While a 'Gold Rush' area of the Park is certainly appropriate now, the scheduled (not finalized) thematic overhaul of DCA (to a 30's-40's time period) may preclude any additions to the Park referencing earlier CA history.
    If a 'Boomtown/Gold Rush' theme were to be employed, I would rather see it installed in Frontierland, personally. A new train station and accompanying 'Boom Town' full of life and activity is what Frontierland needs to wake it up out of its long hibernation (dismantling?).
    This idea I have would be good for Frontierland considering we already have Big Thunder Mountain there, but would there be enough rooms for two big dark rides in Frontierland?
    I hope all of DCA isn't rethemed to just the 30s-40s. How could the Tower of Terror be so dilapadated if we are seeing it not long after the incident in the elevator occured? Also, making the entire park set in this time period, would limit theme even more. I don't see Carsland and a lot of other things (such as Monsters Inc.) fitting into a 1930s-40s California theme. They should have gone for a broad theme such as Tokyo Disney Sea has, and by far Tokyo Disney Sea blows every other 2nd gate out of the water (judging from pictures, videos, and what I have heard).

•   

Quote Originally Posted by GhostHost2 View Post
    As much as I like the movie Cars, a Carsland would be a sorry substitute for what I proposed. I wish the executives would let WDI make attractions whose main purpose isn't to sell merchandise. I bet Nemo merchandise sells have gone up 500% in DL, since FNSV opened.

This idea I have would be good for Frontierland considering we already have Big Thunder Mountain there, but would there be enough rooms for two big dark rides in Frontierland?
    I hope all of DCA isn't rethemed to just the 30s-40s. How could the Tower of Terror be so dilapadated if we are seeing it not long after the incident in the elevator occured? Also, making the entire park set in this time period, would limit theme even more. I don't see Carsland and a lot of other things (such as Monsters Inc.) fitting into a 1930s-40s California theme. They should have gone for a broad theme such as Tokyo Disney Sea has, and by far Tokyo Disney Sea blows every other 2nd gate out of the water (judging from pictures, videos, and what I have heard).
    (BOLD mine) Yes, I doubt it has room for a Dark ride and the changes I propose in Frontierland.

(BOLD mine) Aside from bulldozing the park to the ground and starting over, I can't see any universal theme (even its original one ) that will encompass and incorporate all the chaos that is DCA now. But if careful, thoughtful planning is implemented, one could avoid further confusion by appropriately theming NEW attractions to the Park; adhering to storylines that support whatever NEW theme is decided upon.

• Sorcerer Supreme Bean

Transplant Frontierland into DCA and complete the transition of the old Frontierland into Pirateland imo

What I think they should do instead of a Gold Rush land is a In N Out Burger land. I would kill to se an In N Out in Disneyland

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by ChurroMan View Post
    What I think they should do instead of a Gold Rush land is a In N Out Burger land. I would kill to se an In N Out in Disneyland

better In N out than mcdonalds!!!

• A Forever Dancing Pirate

On the Black Pearl, Caribbean (close to DLR)

I'd pay to see an In-N-Out land.
    But as for the gold rush area, they could take out Big Thunder Ranch at DL and put something or two there.
    ~Pearl~
    Yo-Ho, Yo-Ho, A Pirate's Life for Me!

• Minion

Swabby > I like it when you say "Boomtown"!

OP > Would you be happy with the rumored gold panning in Golden State?
    I want my cake back!

•   

Quote Originally Posted by seenoevil View Post
    Swabby > I like it when you say "Boomtown"!
    This works out well for me, as I can't seem to stop saying it .

BoomTown.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast