Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Senior Minion

Joshrzmeup's 7/9-7/12 Trip Report!!

So, in honor of my college graduation, I treated myself to a trip to Disneyland. My best friend, who i've known pretty much all my life came along with me.

I don't have very many pictures, because we mostly went ride to ride and my feet were hurting too much to walk around just to take more pictures.

I had a very rough flight from Ohio to California, but I made it in one piece, and met up with my friend at the airport and we were on our way!!!

The bus driver of the disneyland buses, once he dropped us off our our little hotel on Disneyland Dr. and Ball Road told us how to get to the park, but it consisted of 2 bridges and a long walk, until we asked at the hotel and were told a much faster and more direct route leading us into Downtown Disney.

The first thing I did when I got into the park was to buy myself a little piece of heaven (we don't get those in Ohio):

Then headed over to Buzz Lightyear, where I got my butt kicked, as usual.

After a few more rides and grabbing a few fastpasses, it was time to head over to California Adventure, where we entered the Beast's library

and found out what Disney character I was most like:

Next up was a place my dad has often forced me to visit via the television: The Twilight Zone!

We also went on Soarin (still one the best rides in that park) and California Screaming (the best seat is the very front).

It got cold at night as we didn't think it would, so we bought a nice warm jacket and made the mistake of wearing it when we went on Splash just before park closing that night, and got totally soaked. Walking back to the hotel soaked to the bone.

The second day was a nice warm day with a light breeze. Since our hotel didn't have much of a breakfast, we stopped off at Jamba Juice for a morning pick-me up, since there was no Starbucks nearby But Jamba Juice was really good, and it makes me sad that Ohio doesn't have anything like that.
    This was also the day in which we had our lunch reservations at the Blue Bayou. The Monte Cristo sandwich was pure heaven and worth every penny. I also loved my Pirates menu

But before that, we went on Pirates. I hadn't been on it since december of 2005, so I had never seen it revamped.

I loved it!!! I thought it was so cool!! Jack looked so real and not an AA which made the ride even better, imo.

During the day, while in line for space mountain, someone told us that the best time to go on Nemo was when people were waiting for the fireworks to start, during Fantasmic and the electrical parade, so we grabbed some yummy ice cream from the Gibson Girl ice cream place and got in line. We were able to watch most of the fireworks while waiting, even if we couldn't hear the soundtrack that goes with it.

We ended up waiting just less than an hour, which was worth it. But any more than an hour would not be a worthwhile wait for that ride. It was very cool and well-done, but I felt a bit cramped in the subs, even more so when it got dark in there.

The third day and final day, we decided to dress up a bit. I couldn't find a Belle shirt (Belle being my favorite Disney character of all), so I went with Sleeping Beauty t-shirt I had brought and bought the matching crown while my friend wore Minnie Mouse ears.
    I got a few comments about my crown, 1 CM calling me, "Your Highness", 1 calling me "Princess", Pluto bowed to me as we walked past him and another CM, at California adventure said this:
    CM: Hey, you stole Princess Aurora's crown! I'm going to report you!
    Me: So sue me

I also waited in the 40 minute line at the Princess Fantasy Faire to get my picture taken with whatever Princesses happened to be there, as we were told they changed every 15 minutes.

Yes, I am the Princess, Thank You for noticing

I got lucky and had my picture taken with Mulan, Belle and Jasmine.

We also decided to see the Aladdin stage show (which was better than the last time with better jokes from the Genie) and to cool off, we went on Grizzly River Run, and were glad not to get very wet.

Later that day, we headed over to Pirate Liar, which was cool, although the caves were a bit small and hard to get into, but still fun after paddling canoes before.

Now that is cool!

Later, after unsuccessfully stalking the dream squad in hopes of winning something, we were approached by two people asking if it was just the two of us in our party, so we said yes. Well, they had just won dream fastpasses and were heading out of the park to go home and weren't going to use them and wanted to know if we wanted them, so we said yes!! We thanked them as they walked out. We felt like royalty with those around our necks, as people whispered about them and asked how we won them and what they were for.

Since it was our final night, we grabbed some food from Tomorrowland terrace and headed to the front of the castle to see what kind of spot we could get for the fireworks. We got lucky and got a perfect view directly in front of the castle, so we sat and ate until they made it standing room only about 15 minutes before the show started. I would upload the short video I took from my camera, but it's too big for youtube.
    It was nice to see such amazing fireworks because our 4thof July ended up with a different kind of light show.

I didn't want to leave the next day, but I didn't have a choice. I had a wonderful trip and if I had the money and the time, i'd go back tomorrow if I could.
    Press today is so concerned with cool vs. not cool that they're starting to forget good vs. bad. I'm not sure I'll ever be "cool", but I will always tirelessly strive to be "great". - Josh Groban

• Gobble GOBBLE

Re: Joshrzmeup's 7/9-7/12 Trip Report!!

Nice pictures.

But the Monte Cristo sammy's look a bit... off. Must be the extreme close-up.

Thanks for the report.
    That was wonderful! Bravo! I loved that! Ah, that was great! Well, it was pretty good. Well, it wasn't bad. Uh, there were parts of it that weren't very good though. It could have been a lot better. I didn't really like it. It was pretty terrible. It was bad. It was awful! It was terrible! Take 'em away! Boo! Boo!

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

You did a wonderful job. The pictures are great. I am so glad that you enjoyed yourself so much. Glad to have you back here with us posting. Now you have many different Disney Memories to "dream on" before the next time.

• love my friends

Audrey AWESOME TRIP REPORT and pictures

thanks for sharing them my friend

glad you guys had a great time

Friends for life

•   
      MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • PEZZ in the Fez

Such a great report and thanks for the cool pictures!

And congratulations on your graduation! Good job!
    How much do we have to pay to get MiceChat Old?

• World Traveler

Very nice! Thanks.

• itty bitty

Blog Entries

Audrey Im glad you had a good time!
    "I, not events, have the power to make me happy or unhappy today. I can choose which it shall be. Yesterday is dead, tomorrow hasn't arrived yet. I have just one day, today, and I'm going to be happy in it. "Groucho Marx

• Christmastime for Rocker

Blog Entries

Hey, that sandwich looks mighty tasty.

Very good TR. hey, I looked on the date, and I was there on the 12th! i wish I had seen you that day.

• Sshhh, being very quiet

I'm so glad you had a great time and thanks for sharing!

Nice TR thanks for sharing with us.

• Minion

Awesome! So glad you could visit, and hope you had a better flight home!
    Goin around the world...and back to Disneyland!

• Circle of Ancients

Great pictures and congrats on your graduation.

• WDW Fant! Premiere Cast

Great trip report! I wish I had known you were there on the 9th, that's when I had my solo Lilly Belle trip. Glad you had fun and I completely understand about turbulance in that area of the country. It always seems like an hour on either side of Minneapolis is extremely bumpy. Congratulations on your graduation and you got the best present ever!!!

• Disneymom

Hey, Congrats on the graduation from college. My daughter starts her college journey next month. Nice pics and I'm glad you had a great time.

• Senior Minion

Quote Originally Posted by SorcererMickey View Post
    Great trip report! I wish I had known you were there on the 9th, that's when I had my solo Lilly Belle trip. Glad you had fun and I completely understand about turbulance in that area of the country. It always seems like an hour on either side of Minneapolis is extremely bumpy. Congratulations on your graduation and you got the best present ever!!!
    I posted a thread in the meet section like a month before and got no replies.

Thanks for the comments everyone!
    Press today is so concerned with cool vs. not cool that they're starting to forget good vs. bad. I'm not sure I'll ever be "cool", but I will always tirelessly strive to be "great". - Josh Groban

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast