Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456

• Minion

Re: DCA phase 4 comming!!!

Quote Originally Posted by DCADude
    earthquake attraction sounds good to me
    Sorry .......
    I'd rather see attractions celebrating the state's positive history and sense of romance. Not death and destruction.

• What have I done?

I highly doubt a renaming of the theme park itself. To rename the park would be admitting its a failure which in many cases it is. However I do see park management re-imagineering areas of the park itself slowly over time as we all know how unfriendly the place is.

I am not sure of this whole "Phase 4" thing, no offense to the original poster but what were the other 3 phases? I have not heard of an Armegeddon attraction before and after reading on it. Dont see it happening in a struggling park especaily with Mr. Oiumet at the helm. It seems like Armegeddon would alienate the park and the guest itself.

"My hopes and dreams, my fantasies!" for DCA:

1) The retooling of Hollywood Pictures Backlot area/ The animation building facade.
    2) Paradise Pier... better theme! No more cardbord cut-outs!
    3) Mullholland Madness... why? A replacement if possible.
    4) New Pixar show/ ride.

Sorry guys lets be honest here it's coming - Pixar presents Disney's California Adventure!

"This guy!"

• Master of Disaster

just of note cause it is somewhat relevant. I was at the park last night and i noticed the concrete behind TOT is being ripped up. it might be nothing but it could be the start of something.

also i would like to see a "hollywood stuntman" show in the backlot. not just the car stunt show but like a whole hollywood stuntman themed show. I mean why not it fits the theme of hollywood studios doesnt it? Also they should build a stage and have bands play (like club buzz) i mean hollywood is partially famous for its nightlife and music scene right?

• What have I done?

Quote Originally Posted by zugzug15
    just of note cause it is somewhat relevant. I was at the park last night and i noticed the concrete behind TOT is being ripped up. it might be nothing but it could be the start of something.

also i would like to see a "hollywood stuntman" show in the backlot. not just the car stunt show but like a whole hollywood stuntman themed show. I mean why not it fits the theme of hollywood studios doesnt it? Also they should build a stage and have bands play (like club buzz) i mean hollywood is partially famous for its nightlife and music scene right?
    Agreed but the last time DCA had "bands" play anyone remember how that didnt go over as well as TDA had hoped? In any case maybe having the new boss in town might help.

"This guy!"

• JMUBOY - 30 Yrs Of Magic!

What concrete thing?
    WALT'S DISNEYLAND DEDICATION SPEECH! - To all who come to this happy place, welcome! Disneyland is your land. Here age relives fond memories of the past, and here youth can savour the challenge and promise of the future. Disneyland is dedicated to the ideals, the dreams, and the hard facts that have created America, with the hope that it will become a source of joy, and inspiration to all the world.

Quote Originally Posted by zugzug15
    Also they should build a stage and have bands play (like club buzz) i mean hollywood is partially famous for its nightlife and music scene right?
    They already have a stage its called the hollywood backlot stage. Im sure they will use it more when Monsters inc opens and there is more activity back in that area.

• Senior Minion

Quote Originally Posted by PumpkinKing!
    Agreed but the last time DCA had "bands" play anyone remember how that didnt go over as well as TDA had hoped? In any case maybe having the new boss in town might help.
    Wasn't the selection of the bands they brought in pretty poor, though? If I recall correctly, I don't think they had even B-level acts. Plus, they staged it in the "lake", and the seating was awkward, and right in the sun, and it was just a mess--typical "let's do something on the cheap, and they'll flock to the park for it like the obedient trained rodents that they are."

• My Children's Father

Some of you that are old enough may remember (sorry for the oxymoron) an old '70s Sci-Fi movie called "Phase IV". It's about how a certain colony of ants somehow become intelligent and start to take over the world. Yes, you read right, ants. And not the nuclear testing-caused mutated giant ants, but normal ant-sized ants. So if the Pixarification isn't enough for you, get ready for the Flikarization of DCA! Ants rule!
    "She's taking everything. She's taking the house, she's taking the kid, she's taking the dog. IT'S NOT EVEN HER DOG. IT'S MY DOG! SHE'S TAKING . . . MY DOG!"
    - Ron Livingston, "Band of Brothers"

youknow Armegeddon isn't even that big it's about the same size as millionare (with good reason because Millionare took the space that was planned for armegeddon)

I think Millionare might have been a good choice at the time I mean after all there are plenty of 3D movies that contain plenty of effects making them very similar in nature to Armegeddon I think. Millionare was interactive but not neccisarily for the whole family. Animation now fills in the spot for interactive entertainment with Crush and the workshop and with the animation school coming soon the whole sit down and interact show idea is covered.

the problems with both Armegeddon and Lights Motors Action is that DCA has a bit TOO much as far as shows go there is alot of sitting back and watching things happen and all of them create a since of limeted repeatablity. Each show has also requred something that makes it completly different from every other one and as they add more shows they've covered a great many factors in this.

This leads me to believe more and more that whatever goes into the Millionare building MUST be a ride or something that is very repeatable because DCA has way to many sit down offerings and not enough things that really reach out and make you feel involved

Animation has been repared now they need to fix up everything else. I'm not sure that entertainment is the right area to handel this (I mention this because some sources say the Millionare building is under control of the entertainment department)

also as far as phases go nothing mentioned in this thread would require the entire timon lot (RnRC would take up a big chunk however but even still it is not occuring anytime soon and is not something that would dominate such a largue alotment of land)

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Prince Ali

"1) The retooling of Hollywood Pictures Backlot area/ The animation building facade"

There is hardly any area of Hollywood Pictures Backlot that hasn't already been
    changed, some areas 2 or 3 times in a four and a half year history of DCA. And
    as far as the Animation building facade, personally I think it's one of the most
    unique and beautiful buildings in the ENTIRE park.

It's practically the only thing that doesn't look like a warehouse building in DCA (although the exterior east side ofthe animation building does need some dressing up) The entry area facade is amazing with the various characters represented by the sketches, and shadows, and the changing colors after dark make it even more intriguing.

THEN there is Paradise Pier, THAT's what needs a make over, or rather a "Do-Over"

• Extremely Junior Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jspider

the problems with both Armegeddon and Lights Motors Action is that DCA has a bit TOO much as far as shows go there is alot of sitting back and watching things happen and all of them create a since of limeted repeatablity. Each show has also requred something that makes it completly different from every other one and as they add more shows they've covered a great many factors in this.

This leads me to believe more and more that whatever goes into the Millionare building MUST be a ride or something that is very repeatable because DCA has way to many sit down offerings and not enough things that really reach out and make you feel involved
    I totally agree with you. I've not been able to put my finger on it before, but what you've said makes sense. I do like DCA, but many of the attractions have very limited repeatability. Anything they may do in the future should be involving.
    That's Mr. Modo to You!

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456