Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

• Minion

Skyway grandfathering?

If Skyway were to reopen in exactly the same location/pattern, would it still be covered by the grandfathering clause in ADA laws, since the support towers and Tomorrowland station would have to be recreated?

• Fighter Pilot

Re: Skyway grandfathering?

the Matterhorn would have to be changed too

Frankly, I wouldn't want it to reopen because of two things. One if it were, we'll get complainers that its not "Disney" enough. Two if they do theme it as thats whats in now, people would complain about it being themed Disney. So as you can see, another thing that can't make everyone happy
    Last edited by AwesomeMan33; 07-17-2007 at 09:36 AM.

• Pilot EdForceOne

Only the 'alterations' done must be ADA accessible - not the entire place. Go read the ADA laws.. they are not that complicated.

And besides.. it shouldn't have to be covered endlessly that all places do not need be accessible.
    Check out my blog - Coreplex: Rambling from inside the Grid

Am I evil? yes, I am
    Am I evil? I am man, yes, I am

Quote Originally Posted by sleepyjeff View Post
    Disneyland was meant to be sipped not chug-a-lugged

•   
    • Circle of Ancients

I thought the law was kinda vague here.....something about "every reasonable attempt to accomodate" or some such thing. I suppose if they rebuilt the TL station they could design it to be accessible and just have persons who can't use stairs go round-trip instead of one-way.

Whatever....just bring them back
    Last edited by sleepyjeff; 07-17-2007 at 09:44 AM. Reason: it not if :blus:
    Waiting for Godot Micechat.com

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by AwesomeMan33 View Post
    One if it were, we'll get complainers that its not "Disney" enough.
    Walt Disney had it built in his park. Can't get more Disney than that.

•   
    • Circle of Ancients

Frankly, I wouldn't want it to reopen because of two things. One if it were, we'll get complainers that its not "Disney" enough. Two if they do theme it as thats whats in now, people would complain about it being themed Disney. So as you can see, another thing that can't make everyone happy
    You could say that about any new attraction(and some of the old ones).
    Waiting for Godot Micechat.com

• Huh?

I thought they always had a theme of a trip over Disneyland... isn't that enough of a Disney theme?
    -Tim

• Fighter Pilot

theme as in......Atlantis Skyway, Horned King Skyway, like that, didn't know I had to spell it out sheesh

I have no idea about the grandfather law, but I would love to have the Skyway brought back. But I know it will never be....too many rude and inconsiderate people (spitting, throwing things, etc.).
    "This would be a great place if we could only get rid of all these people." WD

"Women are the best judges of anything we turn out. Their taste is very important. They are the theatergoers, they are the ones who drag the men in. If the women like it, to heck with the men." WD

Individuality is a great thing....as long as we think alike.

• Fighter Pilot

could always ban minority teens and maybe that wont happen. Manners people, manners

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by bloodnswash View Post
    I have no idea about the grandfather law, but I would love to have the Skyway brought back. But I know it will never be....too many rude and inconsiderate people (spitting, throwing things, etc.).
    Rude and inconsiderate people should be banned from Disneyland. BTW bloodnswash, where did the quotes in your signature come from? It says WD which is initials for Walt Disney, but they don't sound like stuff he would say.

• Rock Star Minion

I can't see how much more it would cost to accommodate wheelchairs (and a small group accompanying the wheelchair). Instead of a basic state-fair skyway, though, it could be more of a basic high-speed detachable skyway. Wheelchair-accessible cabs would be detached and parked until needed.
    Also, put a skyway loop in the Matterhorn. Maybe not vertical, but some kind of dark area detached from the main pulley system that explores the dark reaches of the Matterhorn. Of course, this means the basketball court area would have to be used. Sorry.
    "Here You Leave the World of California Today and Enter the World of, um, er, California Today."

Quote Originally Posted by GhostHost2 View Post
    Rude and inconsiderate people should be banned from Disneyland. BTW bloodnswash, where did the quotes in your signature come from? It says WD which is initials for Walt Disney, but they don't sound like stuff he would say.
    The 2nd quote is from the book I bought at DL titled: The quotable Walt Disney. You will find it on page 33.

The first quote is something that I found from from Wade Sampson, from an article he did on MousePlanet on September 27, 2006.

Here is part of what Wade Sampson wrote from his article:

One hot, crowded day at the Disneyland theme park several decades ago, Walt Disney was walking through Sleeping Beauty castle when he turned to his companion and said, "This would be a great place if we could only get rid of all these people."

The person who shared the story with me is someone of unquestioned integrity and someone who truly loved and respected Walt Disney. He was quick to point out to me that this was an atypical remark from Walt. Walt loved people. He loved people coming to his park. However on this day, Walt was as human as the rest of us and this quote will never be incorporated into any official Disney publicity.
    Last edited by bloodnswash; 07-17-2007 at 10:29 AM.
    "This would be a great place if we could only get rid of all these people." WD

"Women are the best judges of anything we turn out. Their taste is very important. They are the theatergoers, they are the ones who drag the men in. If the women like it, to heck with the men." WD

Individuality is a great thing....as long as we think alike.

• This is my car, Stitch :)

Rancho Cucamonga, California, United States

Quote Originally Posted by bloodnswash View Post
    could always ban minority teens and maybe that wont happen. Manners people, manners
    They could always put those plastic things that they have on the Maliboomer to prevent spitters or litter bugs on the Skyway buckets. Not to cover the entire thing of course but just high enough to where one wouldn't be able to spit.

Quote Originally Posted by merlinjones View Post
    If Skyway were to reopen in exactly the same location/pattern, would it still be covered by the grandfathering clause in ADA laws, since the support towers and Tomorrowland station would have to be recreated?
    It would not be grandfathered in and it wouldn't be close. Way too much alteration to do to have it excluded. Of course now that it would be built virtually from scratch, they could easily do what they needed to make it compliant. That's not much of an issue.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast