Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 27
  1. #1

    • New Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    32

    Know of any good spots to eat?

    When my wife and I go down to the park we have started a new thing of eating at the same Mexican restaurant we found a couple of years ago.

    We like it because it is family owned and they do a great job with the food. Last time we went they even had a local mariachi band playing (they were very good I might add)

    So it makes me think - do you have your favorite, must go and eat spots when you go to the park?

    If so, what restaurant and where is it.

    Maybe we'll get a new favorite spot next time we go down.
    We're devils and black sheep, really bad eggs,
    Drink up, me 'earties, yo ho.

    www.ThisHappyPlace.com

  2. #2

    • Second Star to the right.
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Second Star to the Right and Straight on Till Morning
    Posts
    186

    Re: Know of any good spots to eat?

    Carnation Cafe.

    We need our stuffed baked potato soup, and we have to say Hi to Oscar.

  3. #3

    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Seattle, Washington
    Posts
    551

    Re: Know of any good spots to eat?

    My two favorite spots are:

    1) The first In N Out Burger we see on our road trip from Fresno (Im from Canada and I visit my family in Fresno each year, and I die for In N Out every day.)

    2) Anywhere with Churros

    So you see its very each to please me. Give me an In N Out Burger and a churro and I eat for a day.

    I also like eating Clam Chowder by the wharf in DCA.

  4. #4

    •   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • with sprinkles, please
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Busy at the donut store
    Posts
    6,876
    Blog Entries
    41

    Re: Know of any good spots to eat?

    Are you asking for restaurants inside or outside the park?
    A signature should go here.

  5. #5

    • Mommy of 2 Miracles!
    • Offline

    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    The Playground in My Mind
    Posts
    402

    Re: Know of any good spots to eat?

    Quote Originally Posted by BigJonJ View Post
    When my wife and I go down to the park we have started a new thing of eating at the same Mexican restaurant we found a couple of years ago.

    We like it because it is family owned and they do a great job with the food. Last time we went they even had a local mariachi band playing (they were very good I might add)

    So it makes me think - do you have your favorite, must go and eat spots when you go to the park?

    If so, what restaurant and where is it.

    Maybe we'll get a new favorite spot next time we go down.
    What is the mexican restaurant's name?

    We like to go to Mimi's Cafe when we are in the area. We usually go to Blue Bayou at least once while in the park and we are now found of Cafe Orleans.

    If you go up Chapman Ave close to the top of the hill you can find Orange County Mining Co. They have a very good Sunday brunch and if you get there before 9:30 a.m. they even give you a break on the price.

    "To ALL who come to this happy place, Welcome" Walt Disney


    All means ALL

  6. #6

    • Adventurer Slash Explorer
    • Offline

    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    900

    Re: Know of any good spots to eat?

    In the park I MUST eat at the Plaza Inn (I do believe it's what it's called... the pink one on Main Street? Anyway.). I always order the kids meal with the pasta and the marinara sauce.

    Mmmm-mmm.

  7. #7

    • Christmastime for Rocker
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Heres
    Posts
    6,524
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Know of any good spots to eat?

    For me, it's either Village Haus (scandalous, because all the MCer's despise that place), or the Plaza Inn.

  8. #8

    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Dallas, TX
    Posts
    913

    Re: Know of any good spots to eat?

    My favorite always MUST DO place is Carnation Cafe for Breakfast. The Croissant Benedict is YUMMY!!!

    We also try and have dinner at Hooks Point at least once during every trip.
    BRYANT - MEGADISNEY
    Owner/Travel Advisor - Magical Partners Travel
    Walt Disney Company Stockholder
    D23 Charter Member

  9. #9

    • =)
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    13,290

    Re: Know of any good spots to eat?

    There's this one hot joint called the Blue Bayou...

    The IHOP across the street has pancakes and sentimental value for me. Both are quite good.


  10. #10

    • Adventurer Slash Explorer
    • Offline

    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    900

    Re: Know of any good spots to eat?

    Quote Originally Posted by Datameister View Post
    There's this one hot joint called the Blue Bayou...

    The IHOP across the street has pancakes and sentimental value for me. Both are quite good.
    Mmmm. Sentimental value.

    The McDonalds and the Denny's have that for me.

    My family (for whatever reason) loves the McDonald's breakfast. So we eat there if we spend the night.

  11. #11

    • New Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    2

    Re: Know of any good spots to eat?

    Try the River Belle for breakfast, its awsome. The Mark Twain or the Steamboat Willie, both really good! just try to avoid the bkfast rush= long lines.

  12. #12

    • New Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    32

    Re: Know of any good spots to eat?

    Quote Originally Posted by FoundMyHappyPlace View Post
    What is the mexican restaurant's name?

    Super Mex Restaurant -
    250 W Orangethorpe Ave, Fullerton, CA
    (714) 992-2624

    I wasn't aware but it looks like they have about a dozen of them in the So Cal area. We go to the one in Fullerton - it's close to the Disney Character Warehouse and we also have friends out there.

    If you enjoy some authentic Mexican food that's the place to go and it's only 10 min away from the park.

    Does everyone stay in the park to eat or do you take time to eat outside at other restaurants?
    We're devils and black sheep, really bad eggs,
    Drink up, me 'earties, yo ho.

    www.ThisHappyPlace.com

  13. #13

    • Adventurer Slash Explorer
    • Offline

    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    900

    Re: Know of any good spots to eat?

    Quote Originally Posted by BigJonJ View Post
    Super Mex Restaurant -
    250 W Orangethorpe Ave, Fullerton, CA
    (714) 992-2624

    I wasn't aware but it looks like they have about a dozen of them in the So Cal area. We go to the one in Fullerton - it's close to the Disney Character Warehouse and we also have friends out there.

    If you enjoy some authentic Mexican food that's the place to go and it's only 10 min away from the park.

    Does everyone stay in the park to eat or do you take time to eat outside at other restaurants?
    If we're in the park.. that's it. We're in the park. Unless my dad drags us out, we stay there. And if he drags us out we have to put up a good fight to go back in.

    So we don't leave the Disney property. We either eat inside, or eat at the Rainforest Cafe in DTD.

  14. #14

    • Nice ears dude. Thanks.
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Huntington Beach, CA
    Posts
    48

    Re: Know of any good spots to eat?

    Mmm... IHOP, you can choose which one, there are like 3 within a quarter mile of each other on Harbor.
    Do you see the excellence of this invention?

  15. #15

    • Banned User
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    18,922

    Re: Know of any good spots to eat?

    Quote Originally Posted by Michael_Lee View Post
    Carnation Cafe.

    We need our stuffed baked potato soup, and we have to say Hi to Oscar.

    Amen! I LOVE that baked potato soup!!

    The places I go that are not at the DL parks are:

    Jerry's Famous Deli http://jerrysfamousdeli.com/ (Awesome reubens!)

    La Casa Garcia (SO good and the prices are amazing) Family owned.

    Tacos Mi Pueblo (a hole in the wall joint, but, great, cheap eats at 12:00 at night!)

    Mrs. Knotts Chicken Dinner Restaurant --- it is at Knotts Berry Farm, but, you do not have to go IN the park to get to it. It's on the outside with a bunch of shops. GREAT fried chicken!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. [Other] Are there any Wi-Fi hot spots at DL?
    By Alex E in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 06-17-2008, 04:21 AM
  2. Smoking Spots?
    By DarthDucky in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 76
    Last Post: 10-01-2007, 10:48 PM
  3. Wes Anderson's AT&T TV spots
    By ALIASd in forum Disney Media Networks and TV Industry Discussion
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 09-18-2007, 09:20 PM
  4. Best Photo Spots
    By Abominable Snowman in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 08-29-2006, 08:21 PM
  5. I See Spots!
    By pinkCHICLETT in forum Disney Interactive and Game Industry Discussion
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 08-20-2006, 09:26 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •