View Poll Results: What do you think of a Halloween event at DCA?

Voters
38. You may not vote on this poll
  • Sweet! I'm there!

12 31.58%
  • Might be fun.

18 47.37%
  • Yawn...

6 15.79%
  • It'll suck!

2 5.26%

Thread: DCA idea...

• Reaver of Souls

DCA idea...

OK, so DCA is about CA, right? And Southern CA has some of the best Halloween activities in the country, with Knott's, Shipwreck, Magic Mountain and the now-defunct USH Halloween nights. We know Disney isn't going to try another halloween event at DL, it was a major failure. But what about DCA? A major Halloween makeover with mazes and ride alterations would be awesome if the did it for real. And since DCA isn't as focused towards kids, there shouldn't be any outrage from parents... What do you all think? Anyone think this would be a fun thing if done right?
    Last edited by Reaver; 07-01-2005 at 02:05 PM.
    Honor those who fall under the sword.
    But pity the warrior who has slain all his enemies.

• e komo mai

They could call it DCA's Ghost Town. In fact, I hear that's what it's called all year round.

-----------

I think it would only be great if they threw money into it. If they had a creative crew like Knott's has that can think up great ideas for haunted houses and talented people doing make-up, it would be something I'd like to see.
    A haunted theme to the Paradise Pier area would be something amazing to see. Weird clowns and sideshows... Wow.

• Theme Park Advocate

I would like to see it however disney has not done to well with halloween on the west coast. Anyone rember when about 10yrs ago disney ran a haunted house in Burbank in an attempt to test the waters aginst KSF, HHN, Shipwreck and the smaller independents? Lets put it this way, Colossial and Terminal Failure! An event not unlike Mickeys Not so Scary would be a good addition to the park or like the latest rumors a halloween fireworks could breath some life into DCA.
    And while were at it Sea World, PLEASE bring back Terrors of the Deep!

• șoș Tom șoș

I likey dis idea. Especially in the Hollywood Backlot...see also the old Millonare staging area and or the Park and Ride building! Also something cool could be set up in the farming area- maybe even a less scary -Harvest Festival with bluegrass bands and hay rides. On the whorf- Octoberfest hosted by Carl Strauss with a few decent headling bands!

• Reaver of Souls

Quote Originally Posted by Gemini Cricket
    They could call it DCA's Ghost Town. In fact, I hear that's what it's called all year round.
    LOL!!! Zing!

I think it would only be great if they threw money into it. If they had a creative crew like Knott's has that can think up great ideas for haunted houses and talented people doing make-up, it would be something I'd like to see.
    A haunted theme to the Paradise Pier area would be something amazing to see. Weird clowns and sideshows... Wow.
    Cool idea. That would be fun...
    Honor those who fall under the sword.
    But pity the warrior who has slain all his enemies.

• My Children's Father

I think I'd prefer to have a theme park at my disposal that is not overrun with halloween.
    "She's taking everything. She's taking the house, she's taking the kid, she's taking the dog. IT'S NOT EVEN HER DOG. IT'S MY DOG! SHE'S TAKING . . . MY DOG!"
    - Ron Livingston, "Band of Brothers"

• Incognito

Blog Entries
    If they could decorate it like DLP that'd be awesome! They really do it up cool!!

If they do it right it would be a great addition to DCA.

• Hooterville, USA

-----------

Oh that was cold. I love it!

This has been a Filmways presentation dahling.

• That one girl.

I think DCA needs a Wild West area. Then there really could be a Ghost Town. The one at Knott's is badly in need of refurb. Maybe Disney can come up with something better. Sort of like a Frontierland in DCA.

Or they could make a better native american area. This place was crawling with Indians at its start.
    Well, I think you're crazy, I think you're crazy, I think you're crazy, just like me.

For new music click below!

• out & about

First of all... thanks for the poll.
    Second, I think these are really good ideas. I would be really interested to see them get past the drawing board. However, I fear that, even though it may be a good idea, it would never get off the paper because its too "copycat". Disney is about invention and innovation (oh right, innoventions!) and taking someone elses idea seems second rate. But then again if enough time and money went into it I could see a revolution. It "could" be a really fun and exciting event. But then again DCA itself "could" be a really fun and exciting park!
    "There's no off position on the genius switch"

WplusK.com
    http://twitter.com/WRDinc