Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

Re: The ORIGINAL Sleeping Beauty Castle Walkthrough

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyDude2006 View Post
    wait...They opened back up the castle walkthrough? When did this happen?
    In Al's latest update, there's talk of finally refurbing and reopening the walkthrough and if it happens it'll be sometime next year.

• Minion

ORDDU: My sisters and I also recall that there was a very lovely cradle scene at the beginning of the original walk-thru attraction--which the 3 good fairies hovered over during this Christening event. A card used to be available of this scene, too, at the Gallery.

ORWEN: As for Aurora looking like Barbie, I beg to differ. Aurora is much more prettier and has angular features. Also, her hair has a lot more length, luxuriousness and body--just like mine.

ORGOCH: Hmpf! The only thing ya got more of, yerself, is the 'body' part, sister. The rest a what ya said is a crock!

(Sounds of slaps followed by moans and groans...)

I just joined today, and have been reading this thread with great interest.

Every time my family went to Disneyland, I made sure we visited the Sleeping Beauty walk-through! Those original dioramas were breathtakingly beautiful; who cares if they were mainly composed of flat surfaces. The artwork, lighting and sound effects were pure magic. The later "3D doll" settings just looked cheesy in comparison.

If I could have any Disney dream, it would be to see the original diorama pieces again, up close.

I'm dying of suspense here; did anyone ever manage to scan the View Master slide that showed Princess Aurora sleeping? I used to have the Fantasyland View Master packet, and I remember that picture looking exactly like the inside of the attraction.

And what's this about the walk-through opening up again? Could someone direct me to the information source for this?

I'm looking forward to sharing lots of Disney nostalgia with all of you.

• Circle of Ancients

Quote Originally Posted by retrodiz View Post
    And what's this about the walk-through opening up again? Could someone direct me to the information source for this?
    The information was first released in Al Lutz's July 17th article on MiceAge. He also mentioned it again in the most recent article. Apparently Tony Baxter and John Lasseter are very interested in bringing it back. If the project gets officially approved, we should be looking forward to a 2008 or 2009 opening.

• Future Imagineer!!

oh man dalton....i hekca miss the walkthrough.....everytime i walk past the old entrance door i get a little nostalgic....and it was only open for like 10 years of my life....maybe more....oh man i hope it reopens!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Aura of Foreboding View Post
    The information was first released in Al Lutz's July 17th article on MiceAge. He also mentioned it again in the most recent article. Apparently Tony Baxter and John Lasseter are very interested in bringing it back. If the project gets officially approved, we should be looking forward to a 2008 or 2009 opening.
    Wow, it took me quite a while to find that article; it wasn't listed under Al Lutz's columns. I finally found it through a Google search, but I still have no idea how to access past articles directly from MiceAge.....

Anyway, I'm trying not to get my hopes up, but this is very exciting. "A 21st century take on the 1957 original Eyvind Earle version of the attraction"? Maybe this time around the designers will have some respect for the artistry that went into the original.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123