Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Minion

What do you think of that Cars Test Track type ride?

Al Lutz mentioned that DCA would get a dual track Cars themed Test Track type ride. We have already heard a little about this, but it seems like it is only getting more certain that we will get it.

I am excited about all the changes coming to DCA, but I have my doubts. I like the movie Cars, but I don't see a ride off of it being exciting enough for DCA's first E-Ticket after TSM!. DCA needs an E-Ticket (other than TOT) along the lines of IJA or TDS's JTTCOTE. I want a ride that has a story and show elements that include something mythical, mysterious, and possibly frightening. A Cars themed ride would have none of that. I love DL, because you go through a cursed temple, a haunted house, see pirates go after cursed gold, bobsled down a mountain with Yeti encounters, evade a Queen who wants your head chopped off, ride a haunted mine train. I am worried that DCA won't have rides steeped in the mythical and mysterious other than the TOT.

Re: What do you think of that Cars Test Track type ride?

After seeing what can be done with the Test Track technology on Journey at DisneySea I would like to see it implemented into DCA. Test Track at Epcot still has breakdown issues which simply dont occur as often with the second generation tech used at DisneySea.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Peterwhite171 View Post
    After seeing what can be done with the Test Track technology on Journey at DisneySea I would like to see it implemented into DCA. Test Track at Epcot still has breakdown issues which simply dont occur as often with the second generation tech used at DisneySea.

I like the technology, but the problem is the theme. I would love to have a theme like Journey to the Center of the Earth, which judging from photos I have seen on Youtube will rank in my top 5 rides of all time once I get to ride it.

• I'm not really here

I too think the technology is amazing but that something better than Cars can be used as a theme. I also would love to have something original, mythical, spooky, threatening. A deep, rich story that begins before you even get to the line and continues all they way till you exit back to the general park walkways (like Indy). There are countless millions of stories the could tell and I think they should tell them. Yes, lots of people liked Cars, me among them, but they can do so much more than that and I think they should.

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, As I foretold you, were all spirits and Are melted into air, into thin air: And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, The cloud-capp'd towers, the gorgeous palaces, The solemn temples, the great globe itself, Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff As dreams are made on, and our little life Is rounded with a sleep. mycroft16 on Twitter

• Winter in Oceanside...

I think you could figure out a theme for CARS in SOUTHERN CALIFORNIA!!

Im not a fan of Cars, but its obvious a Cars ride is to be made, and it would be awesome if it was like Test track, except faster, and it made you feel like you were racing against other cars.

Though auto racing isn't a huge thing here, you can't escape that there is a huge car culture here.
    I can see an E-Ticket like the CARS Racing ride to be a huge draw. Especially if they work out on the computer how to make it feel like a race... with a different car winning (speed reductions and accelerations are much more efficient in Gen 2 (Journey to Center of the Earth) than in the Gen 1 iterations (Rocket Rods/Test Track)).

Quote Originally Posted by mrfantasmic View Post
    Though auto racing isn't a huge thing here, you can't escape that there is a huge car culture here.
    I can see an E-Ticket like the CARS Racing ride to be a huge draw. Especially if they work out on the computer how to make it feel like a race... with a different car winning (speed reductions and accelerations are much more efficient in Gen 2 (Journey to Center of the Earth) than in the Gen 1 iterations (Rocket Rods/Test Track)).
    Imagine if they loaded like 10 people into like 10 different cars each 5 minutes, and those 10 cars could race against eachother and each one was a different experience. OF course the lines would be huge, but taht would still be awesome.

• a wind to shake the stars

I think it's a good idea. Test Track is a lot of fun but it would be better if it wasn't themed to a car test facility.

• Rock Star Minion

I can imagine being stuck on a freeway surrounded by "Cars" characters, and your Lightning McQueen car finds a way around the traffic jam. And hilarity ensues.
    "Here You Leave the World of California Today and Enter the World of, um, er, California Today."

• Destroyer of Mallcore

I have a feeling that they will find a clever way to make this ride memorable.

Now, I'll turn that little mouse's dream into a nightmare Fantasmic!

• MiceChat Moderator
    • back to basics

I'm picturing the old Soap Box Derby Racers at Knotts, with new state of the art technology.

ErikAnders.smugmug.com

Fratsor Brother - ΔΜΧΑ

1519, 4066, 423, 600, 2469, 378, 5044, 888

• Golden State of Mind

Test track doesn't exactly fit into the "theme" out here in Epcot either so i don't see the big deal.
    Marquis d'Bod of the RCMC... always and forever

I wouldn't mind a test track in DCA. I've always wanted to ride test track over and over again...but Illuminations was starting and it was my last day Phooey.

• Sock Puppet

i am totally looking forward to this because i have seen video and pictures of the one in Florida. With the dual test track seems more fun than one

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast