Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

• Rarely has a point

Blog Entries

Re: How do you handle line-jumpers (personally)

Well you remember the guy that fell onto the people movers tracks? Well it was no accident. Ok perhaps I shouldn't be joking about that dudes death.

• Minion

1 or 2 people cutting in line is not going to make me get on the ride any slower, so i really dont care. 5,10,15,20 people cutting in line, i still wouldnt care.

its not that big a deal to me and i dont care if "karma" gets them back.

• Miss Marvel

Quote Originally Posted by SummerInFL View Post
    I used to, now not so much.

I was at a shoe store waiting in line behind about 8 people, I was next. This particular shoe store had a U shaped check out area that was accessible from all sides. While I was waiting in line, this woman waited on the right hand side of the cash register, just standing there. Since I was waiting, I was wondering what she was doing, then I saw her inch. A little more, a little more to when the person in front of me went to leave she put her stuff on the counter. So I called her on it and said, "Lady, the line is way the heck back there."

She goes, "I didn't cut, I've been here the whole time!"

This is where it got turned around and ugly.

Then she goes, "You can go, but my life is to short to worry about someone lying to get ahead in the line."

Then everyone started giving ME dirty looks. The entire time I was checking out she was talking to the lady that was behind me about how much of an idiot I was and how ridiculous I was being for saying something like that, how I had no respect for other people etc..

I was so embarassed, I never did it again.
    I had something similar happen to me too. Except, it was a group of four teenage girls. And of course, everyone gave me, the lowly person by myself, the dirty looks.

I, as well, haven't said anything since.
    "If I had a world of my own, everything would be nonsense. Nothing would be what it is because everything would be what it isn't. And contrary-wise; what it is it wouldn't be, and what it wouldn't be, it would. You see? " - Alice

"If his brain's ran down, how can he talk?" - Jack Pumpkinhead
    "It happens to people all the time, Jack." - Dorothy

"It seems the words on my mug are right: 'It is hard to soar with Eagles when you work with Turkeys.'" - Sam the Eagle

well if i am working, i call them out on it because it is not fair to the other guests and make them go to the back of the line. if im at disneyland, honestly i don't say anything because i am not at disneyland to start a fight and possibly start something that could end up bigger then originally planned. I just let them go and know that disney karma will get to them.

• Digging to Earth's center

*sighs*

I usually don't do anything. Once, there was this man and his son behind us, and the boy asked to cut us, and they did. I didn't do anything... and guess what: I got front row on Autopia (first car to be dispatched next!).

Another time, I believe it was Matterhorn, when these teenagers slammed into these elder people (in their 50s or 60s), and the lady said, "That's right. Just shove into people! You're horrible, you cut in line, and mistreat your elders!" stuff like that... And guess what: they got a Matterhorn car all to themselves!

In other words... let them cut. Good things happen. Once, I got to go on Matterhorn twice (the CMs let us!).

• Driver Your Turn Is Clear

Costa Mesa, CA - 10.33 Miles South of DLR

In another thread they called it Disneyland Karma. I am starting to become a believer.

I think in the future I'll just let it ride!
    Check out My Roller Coaster Tycoon 3 rides... I'm always working on another one... I hope they make you want to go to Disneyland.

"Disneyland is the star, everything else is in the supporting role."
    ~Walt Disney~

• Minion

Implore Godfather Walt to send Cast Member Guido to instruct them on proper manners and respect.

• A Pirate's life for me!

Quote Originally Posted by SpokkerJones View Post
    I don't do anything. I don't want to get stabbed over stupid stuff.

Stabbed???

With a weapon???

Nah, it'll never happen.

You've noticed those security checkpoints haven't you? They are there for our safety.

Don't you feel safe with them there???

hehe

Quote Originally Posted by Joeyjoejoeshabadoo View Post
    It's my time at the park and I'm not going to let impatient people get in the way of my good time.

Calling out idiots IS part of me having a good time.

Muhuhahaha!

I really don't do anything. Sure it bugs me, but I'll leave it to some other hothead to make a scene. Then I'll jump on the band wagon, "Yeah! He cut in line!" If somebody holds a spot for other people I can't get to annoyed at that. I'm guilty of doing that a time or two.

• Practically Magic

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by PirateMickey View Post
    Calling out idiots IS part of me having a good time.

Muhuhahaha!

Thank heavens there are people like you in the park, and I really do mean that. People don't cut lines merely because they're rude. They also do it because they get a power trip every time they do something unacceptable in front of a group of people who just stand there quietly and let them get away with it! These jerks know that most people are too afraid to "cause a scene" over such a slight taboo, so that must be where the power trip comes in: it's like an open dare they're issuing for you to call them on their bad behavior, and if nobody does, it reinforces their confidence that they can get away with this kind of behavior over and over unchallenged.

I don't enjoy calling such people out in public, so I'm thankful whenever someone else who does enjoy it gets to the job before me. However, even if I know I don't enjoy calling out line-cutters or other rude people, that doesn't stop me from doing so. Even if you're at a place like Disneyland where you want to have nothing but non-stop amusement for the entire day, that's no excuse for letting someone walk all over you just because you don't feel like risking a disturbance to the complacency of your day. If you see a rude person trying to disadvantage you and everyone else in your vicinity, you still have some small duty to yourself and others not to let that happen, no matter where you are.

• In Mouse We trust

Quote Originally Posted by Angelica Gracey View Post
    Never had a line Jumper at the DLR. I did however confront a line jumper back in 1984 at a Duran Duran concert. This scary looking girl and her hench-person cut in front of us, we were 15th in line, they just cut in like we would not notice. So I said "Excuse me but you just cut in the line".

She gave me a dirty look and turned back to her conversation. I then said "Maybe you didn't hear me? You just cut in line, go to the back of the line." She ignored me again. This time I started yelling to all the folks in back and we all started chanting "Back of the line, back of the line!" Scary girl looked at me and said "God." then she and her hench-person proceeded to the end of the line with hundreds of Duranies chanting "Back of the line, back of the line!"

I wonder if she ever cut in another line? Probably...

Sorry to go off topic but it just popped into my head... Age...
    That isn't off topic at all!

I have just said "no line cutting", they usually pretend like they didn't know better, say oh sorry and go back.

I never say anything. I really dont care. waiting a few more seconds is better than getting into an argument on my vacation. Everyone is trying to have fun in Disneyland, and everyone makes mistakes.

Unless they are being rude kids.

• Minion

Depends on the person's proximity to me and how many people are cutting in line.

I hate it when groups of people suddenly try to merge into the line. I definitely say something about that.

Quote Originally Posted by ChurroMan View Post
    Everyone is trying to have fun in Disneyland, and everyone makes mistakes.

A "mistake" would be calling the Haunted Mansion the "Haunted House".

Cutting in line, is a deliberate action. No mistake about that...

I also turn in shoplifters when I see them (and unfortunately, I do).

No "mistake" there either.

Enjoy!

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast