Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

• Banned User

Re: How do you handle line-jumpers (personally)

I have only done this once, but I spotted someone attempting to cut in line directly in front of me. (timing was the key but execution was successful) that splitsecond event before the ''cutting I lifted my soda to "take a drink" and I spilled the soda on the culprit.

• Adventurer Slash Explorer

I am friendly, pleasant, and I get along with everybody.
    But. I am the meanest person if you ruin my experience. I point out the line-cutters everytime (well, back when i had to wait in Stand-by I would). I one time was watching a ride operator operate Indiana Jones, you know where you go up those stairs? Well my party didn't tell me that the line moved, and neither did anyone else. So I'm standing there, watching, and I feel something brush up against my legs. I look down, and it's a BOY. A boy from the other side of the stairs. I'm like, "EXCUSE ME." I scared the boy, and he dodged back to his side. I run up the stairs, look over my shoulder and go, "JERKS." Yeah, a bit over-the-top but seriously. I was younger, about 14 and he was cutting me off from my group. How rude.

I also am really mean on attractions... if your being rude. For instance, there is nothing funny about letting out a high-noted (that's the only part that bugs me) scream over and over again in the seance room in the Haunted Mansion. If your scared, I can understand. This girl was just doing it because she thought it was funny.

I know, I'm mean. But hey, it's kinda... fun. I'm nice otherwise! Promise!
    Last edited by codelyokorox; 07-18-2007 at 11:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by disneyfan07 View Post
    I have only done this once, but I spotted someone attempting to cut in line directly in front of me. (timing was the key but execution was successful) that splitsecond event before the ''cutting I lifted my soda to "take a drink" and I spilled the soda on the culprit.
    Ohmigosh. AWSOME. That's like... sweet justice!

I do line-jump... well, not really. I joined a party in line for the Haunted Mansion, but before I did, I asked the people behind them if it was okay. No one had a problem with it, and everyone between the party I joined and the party I was originally in got in the Mansion together anyway.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by codelyokorox View Post
    I am friendly, pleasant, and I get along with everybody.

But. I am the meanest person if you ruin my experience. I point out the line-cutters everytime (well, back when i had to wait in Stand-by I would). I one time was watching a ride operator operate Indiana Jones, you know where you go up those stairs? Well my party didn't tell me that the line moved, and neither did anyone else. So I'm standing there, watching, and I feel something brush up against my legs. I look down, and it's a BOY. A boy from the other side of the stairs. I'm like, "EXCUSE ME." I scared the boy, and he dodged back to his side. I run up the stairs, look over my shoulder and go, "JERKS." Yeah, a bit over-the-top but seriously. I was younger, about 14 and he was cutting me off from my group. How rude.

I also am really mean on attractions... if your being rude. For instance, there is nothing funny about letting out a high-noted (that's the only part that bugs me) scream over and over again in the seance room in the Haunted Mansion. If your scared, I can understand. This girl was just doing it because she thought it was funny.

I know, I'm mean. But hey, it's kinda... fun. I'm nice otherwise! Promise!
    Forgive me if I misunderstand but ...

Lowering yourself to the standard of the other person's behavior is that way to handle these things ?

Quote Originally Posted by JeffYardDog View Post
    Forgive me if I misunderstand but ...

Lowering yourself to the standard of the other person's behavior is that way to handle these things ?
    Hmm? I'm not sure I understand your question.

I only tell them that's not cool... and usually they stop. Maybe I wrote it wrong? I'll go re-read it.

I know I know. I'm usually quiet... but sometimes I get annoyed easily.

Plus, that story was from when I was younger. I'm more mature now, and therefore handle it better than I did as a younger person.
    Last edited by codelyokorox; 07-18-2007 at 11:47 PM.

• Oh... it's a bobby pin.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr_Chopsticks View Post
    "Fastpasses work for the ride, not the line" or "..Excuse me mate what the bloody hell do you think your doing?" (for some reason the british accent creates fear)
    Ha! You totally just made me giggle! Good show!

To live would be an awfully big adventure.

• Banned User

Maybe I'm just not as nice as some people, but I have no sympathy for line jumpers. I think they should be booted from the park. It goes beyond just happening at the park. I agree with whoever said that this society is becoming rude and self absorbed. These people need to be shown that such behavior won't be tolerated in the House that Walt built.

I also employ the "stretch" technique when I see people trying to cut through the line. If that doesn't work then saying something to them directly works best. People like that will stop 99% of the time when confronted. It doesn't have to be a threatening confrontation, just something like, "excuse me, the line starts back there."

• Beep Beep!

Quote Originally Posted by The Dark Lady View Post
    Thank heavens there are people like you in the park, and I really do mean that. People don't cut lines merely because they're rude. They also do it because they get a power trip every time they do something unacceptable in front of a group of people who just stand there quietly and let them get away with it! These jerks know that most people are too afraid to "cause a scene" over such a slight taboo, so that must be where the power trip comes in: it's like an open dare they're issuing for you to call them on their bad behavior, and if nobody does, it reinforces their confidence that they can get away with this kind of behavior over and over unchallenged.

I don't enjoy calling such people out in public, so I'm thankful whenever someone else who does enjoy it gets to the job before me. However, even if I know I don't enjoy calling out line-cutters or other rude people, that doesn't stop me from doing so. Even if you're at a place like Disneyland where you want to have nothing but non-stop amusement for the entire day, that's no excuse for letting someone walk all over you just because you don't feel like risking a disturbance to the complacency of your day. If you see a rude person trying to disadvantage you and everyone else in your vicinity, you still have some small duty to yourself and others not to let that happen, no matter where you are.
    My philosophy exactly. I call them out, loudly, and it doesn't ruin my day, it's kind of fun in a way....
    HDAlien

-----------------------------------------------------
    "I dream of the day when you can go to a drive through, purchase alcohol, tobacco, and bullets, and use them all before you get home" -- Dogbert

• Coming soon...

Wink Re: How do you handle line-jumpers (personally)

Quote Originally Posted by Missviolet View Post
    Ha! You totally just made me giggle! Good show!
    It's even easier when you are British! The best way is to prevent line cutting. My family always use....

THE WALL!

...that's right. All four of us fill out the section of the queue in a straight horizontal line. No-one can get through! Some foolish people have tried to push through the sides, or even through the middle of us. When this happens, the entire family gradually closes in on them, pushing them against the rail, or squashing them between our group...

"In a hurry, sir?"

Even better, is a whole group tries to push from behind, all four of us intentionally walk as slowly as possible, causing the group behind them to end up pushing them.

• Disneyland Fanatic

Last year we were in line to see Buzz Lightyear...the CM had said "just 5 more minutes before Buzz has to leave" so my daughter and I were hoping to get to him, but she knows the drill and knows that we might NOT make it.

This lady came over with her little boy and just stood right next to the guy in front of me..I didn't give it much thought, I ASSUMED they were together...well the guy in front of me takes his little boy to see Buzz and I realized this lady wasn't with him...I guess I was in a cranky mood after a long wait, I'm usually non-confrontational, but this time I politely said: "excuse me, we were next, after that gentleman"....the lady started arguing back at me! saying they have to leave to go back to their hotel and her boy is dying to meet Buzz and they weren't going to make it..basically almost made a scene. Had she been POLITE about it I might have said go ahead but she really ticked me off so I stood my ground.

She finally went to end of the line reluctantly ( a couple of people behind me) and I could feel the daggers looks LOL

The CM handling Buzz gave me an understanding look, and we were the LAST ones to see Buzz before his break. OMGosh I tought the lady was going to jump me! But she just walked away glaring at me (like I was the one that did something to her! sheesh)

That was my only and only line jumper experience so far (know on wood)

• The Happiest Tees On Eart

I don't believe people cutting have no right too, I expect understanding when I cut, becuase I am not really cutting, I am coming back from the bathroom or getting a snack, while others of my party are in line, I give that same understanding back.

New designs all the time! Click the banner to see all the designs and colors!

I usually just grumble to the people I'm with, loudly enough for people around me to hear (and maybe the line-jumper too) but not so much that they would feel humiliated to go to the back.

I wish I would speak up a bit more... but most of the time, people do not cut right in front of me, so I'm a few spots back and I don't want to start shouting.

I was searching the web about this (Wikipedia has an interesting entry http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cutting_%28in_line%29). I think I read that the person who the line-jumper cuts in front of has more of a responsibility (if you can call it that) to call out the person, than someone a few spots back. Partly because that person is physically closer to the line-jumper (and knows for certain that he/she cut). But that aside from chiding/lecturing, nothing usually happens if the line-jumper does not move back.

I do have to say that occasionally, line-jumpers may not realize they are cutting - not at Disneyland, because the queues are usually set up very clearly, but say at a dept store. At some stores you stand in 1 long line (like at the bank) while at others, people just join whichever lane they want. Sometimes it's not clear and you might think it's a join-whatever-lane and then get called out by someone for cutting. It's embarrassing (esp when the other patrons think you purposefully cut, even if you didn't) but I think the stores (in those situations) should rearrange their queues so it's clearer. That's a great thing that DL does.

I wish people would just be considerate and not cut at all - then we wouldn't have to be the bad guys and call them out on it. Of course, that'll NEVER happen! There are some people who just feel like they're entitled.

• Minion

Wink Re: How do you handle line-jumpers (personally)

If they would just randomly execute one line jumper a day and hang their body over the entrance with an appropriate sign explaining, then I'm sure that the line-jumping would decline drastically.

Besides, since they removed the pastel swirls that were the YOMD decorations the arches need something to jazz them up a bit.

• YOU KNOW IT! YEAH!

I say!!!! Woah there!...cant have any of that! (in one of those rancher voices) than flash my wallet (which coincidentally holds my fake CM nametag)...but that only happened once

SUPPORT THE CMs

For me, Tomorrow is everyday...wait...what?

• wishin for fins

I hate when a group of five or six goes to join their "party" a.k.a. one person in line ahead in the line. That's line jumping and everyone they shove past knows it.

I'm extremely tall so in lines that have lean-able things I lean on one side and stretch my legs out. I have had so many kids trip over my legs because they were just right up behind me like they belonged to me or were super glued to my pants.

I took the stars from our eyes and then I made a map,
    and I knew somehow I could find my way back

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast