Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

• DL Nerd

How do you handle line-jumpers (personally)

do you handle it like this.....

" ORLANDO, Fla. Cutting in line at the Magic Kingdom landed one visitor in jail.
    Police said Victoria Walker accused another visitor of cutting the line for the "Mad Tea Party" ride. Reports said she punched Aimee Krause a few times in the head before the two could be separated.
    Krause said she's had seizures, memory loss and blurred vision since the May attack.
    Walker was allowed to return to her Alabama home, but a judge later issued a warrant for her arrest after hearing of the severity of the injuries.
    She was taken to the Orange County Jail where she bonded out of yesterday."

or do you handle it a bit nicer?
    All your dreams can come true if you have the courage to pursue them. - Walt Disney

• Fighter Pilot

Re: How do you handle line-jumpers (personally)

I call them out, works every time

Well.... I cannot say anything because...I'm not "old" enough.

I stopped a couple of line cutters before...they then talked trash to me for the whole line and ride.....I'll just let em pass for now.

• Minion

Blog Entries

i glare, lol

actually i've never experienced a "Line Jumper" in disneyland. i have seen people rejoin their party who is in line, but i don't mind that at all.

• I can't stand you.

"Fastpasses work for the ride, not the line" or "..Excuse me mate what the bloody hell do you think your doing?" (for some reason the british accent creates fear)

• Genteel Amphibian

Quote Originally Posted by krystledm View Post
    i glare, lol

actually i've never experienced a "Line Jumper" in disneyland. i have seen people rejoin their party who is in line, but i don't mind that at all.
    Yeah I just usually give them a dirty look, I'm not to confrontational.

• Pathetically Obsessed

I just tell them that I'm a Presbyterian and they can't do that. Works every time.
    "Fire at will, boys!"

"Which one's Will?

• Wishing I was at the DLR!

Never had a line Jumper at the DLR. I did however confront a line jumper back in 1984 at a Duran Duran concert. This scary looking girl and her hench-person cut in front of us, we were 15th in line, they just cut in like we would not notice. So I said "Excuse me but you just cut in the line".

She gave me a dirty look and turned back to her conversation. I then said "Maybe you didn't hear me? You just cut in line, go to the back of the line." She ignored me again. This time I started yelling to all the folks in back and we all started chanting "Back of the line, back of the line!" Scary girl looked at me and said "God." then she and her hench-person proceeded to the end of the line with hundreds of Duranies chanting "Back of the line, back of the line!"

I wonder if she ever cut in another line? Probably...

Sorry to go off topic but it just popped into my head... Age...

• Capturing it in a Photo

Quote Originally Posted by AwesomeMan33 View Post
    I call them out, works every time
    same as AwesomeMan33, if you just say something they guiltily climb out of line.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • It's knittingknurse now.

Blog Entries

At Nemo Sunday there was a boy that... was old enough to know better (I am horrible at age guessing. I am going to say 11-14? But he was chunky). Anytime I wouldn't move a quarter inch he would push by me and get in front of me. And at one point my back was really hurting and I was starting to get sunburnt (despite SPF applied every 2 hours) so I was sitting on the ground under the umbrella and I was waiting to go to the next umbrella, his whole family (all 10 of them) walked right ahead of me. I looked up and said "Excuse me!" They turned around really fast and looked over at me. I was like "Don't cut." They got back to where they were supposed to be but still anytime I didn't move the boy would walk ahead of step thus kicking me in the back (hi, back problems been rear ended 4 times by teenage drivers who were on the phone don't kick me!). A few times my group was like "wow we adopted a 10 year old boy!" It was annoying.

Normally I don't say anything, but this family and that boy was driving me insane. When I got home I put ice on my back and that little stupid boy caused a bruise!

• Clearing my Calendar

While waiting in an outrageously long line for Indy, I once yelled at a teenager whose buddies managed to cut in the line THREE separate times by the time we received that final hallway just before you go down the stairs to get on the ride.

The third and last time was in that hallway. He was exiting and saw more people he "knew" and decided to cut again. I had it.

Me: "Oh no you don't!"

Him: *standing with one leg on each side of the rail* "Me?"

Me: "Yes, you! Get out! Get out of the line right now! You're not going to get by me! Go back there if you want to cheat these people!" And I motioned to everyone behind me, which of course got *their* attention.

Him: "Uh..."

He couldn't decide which way to go, so he tried to gracefully hop back over the rail. He ended up nearly tripping, but managed to stay up. He couldn't speed walk out of their fast enough.

When we exited the ride, I saw him standing with his friends at the entrance by the fastpass distribution. He looked... subdued.

Edit: I like the "Back of the line" bit. I'll have to try that if I'm ever at DL again and it happens.
    Last edited by TraceCub; 07-18-2007 at 12:13 PM.
    "But every night, when it gets dark
    and the stars come out,
    I'll look up on her behalf.
    I'll look up in the sky and think of you."

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Relax

I used to, now not so much.

I was at a shoe store waiting in line behind about 8 people, I was next. This particular shoe store had a U shaped check out area that was accessible from all sides. While I was waiting in line, this woman waited on the right hand side of the cash register, just standing there. Since I was waiting, I was wondering what she was doing, then I saw her inch. A little more, a little more to when the person in front of me went to leave she put her stuff on the counter. So I called her on it and said, "Lady, the line is way the heck back there."

She goes, "I didn't cut, I've been here the whole time!"

This is where it got turned around and ugly.

Then she goes, "You can go, but my life is to short to worry about someone lying to get ahead in the line."

Then everyone started giving ME dirty looks. The entire time I was checking out she was talking to the lady that was behind me about how much of an idiot I was and how ridiculous I was being for saying something like that, how I had no respect for other people etc..

I was so embarassed, I never did it again.

• Not like Crocodile Dundee

Adelaide, South Australia (8199 miles from DL)
    Blog Entries

Disney FAQ#275: What is DCA?
    DCA stands for Disney Construction Area. All the Cast Members are themed with hard hats and steel toed boots.

• Circle of Ancients

Trip 'em!

Totally kidding. If a couple people go by me to catch up to their family or group, it's fine with me. The other day on POTC , I was taken aback a little when a family of about 8 people shoved past us without even asking if it was okay or saying excuse me and it didn't seem like they were really trying to meet up with anyone ahead of them. But it's just not worth it to me to have a confrontation with someone because I have to wait 10 seconds longer to get on a ride.

The only time I've ever said something to someone was when I saw a group of about 30 people from the same family taking down a chain on Autopia to cut off about 2/3 of the wait and all I said was "Excuse me, the line goes this way not that way and all of these people in front of you have been waiting a long time to get to the point you're about to enter into" or something like that. I think if you give people the benefit of the doubt even though it seems like they know perfectly well what they;re doing, it's a lot better way to ensure that you have a peaceful and non confrontational day at DL. I mean the whole point is to relax and have fun there, right?

Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast