Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• WDW Fant! Premiere Cast

Disneyland Hotel

I just booked my next trip to DL for Dec 11 - 18 today (Yay!). Yes, I've only been home a week from my last trip. I usually stay at the GCH concierge level but I wanted a change this time so I have a concierge level room at the DLH. The woman on the phone couldn't give me a whole lot of answers to my questions. She said I will have a Downtown Disney view on either the 10th or 11th floor. I asked which floor the lounge was on and she couldn't answer that.

My questions are which building will I be in or could I be in any of the 3? Which level is the lounge on? With a DTD view can some fireworks be seen from the balcony? Are the concierge amenities the same as in the GCH? And finally, will I be disappointed after being used to the Grand or will it be just as fun?

Thank you so much, I know MC will be more knowledgeable than the woman I spoke to!

• Steamboat Willie

Re: Disneyland Hotel

Concierge lounge is on the 11th floor of the Sierra tower.

• Family Man

The DTD views offer fantastic views of the fireworks IMHO.

• Beer is good beer.

Thumbs up Re: Disneyland Hotel

We stayed concierge level at the Disneyland Hotel for a week last February. We were on the 10th floor Sierra Tower (I think all the regular concierge rooms are in the Sierra Tower). It was no hardship to take the elevator up to the 11th floor lounge. Plus, if you're coming from the parks or Downtown Disney and want to go straight to the lounge you can use your key card on the outside glass elevator.

You should be able to see the fireworks from your own balcony. They pump the music in in the lounge.

The snacks in the lounge included cheeses, crackers, fresh fruit, cookies (the best oatmeal cookies I've ever had!), Smuckers Crustables, pastries, veggies & dip, usually a hot appetizer at cocktail hour, and other stuff I'm sure I'm forgetting. There's a large fridge stocked with bottled water, soda, juices and milk - available all day. The breakfast consisted of cereal, bagels, bread, pastries, fruit. They have a couple of toasters on hand. Coffee and tea is available all day too. They have cocktail service (wine & beer) - complimentary from 5pm to 7pm daily.

They had a decent library of DVDs that you can check out (there are DVD players in all of the concierge rooms).

We really enjoyed our Disneyland Hotel concierge experience.

Have a great time!
    M A S E C A !

• Wishing I was at the DLR!

Red Face Re: Disneyland Hotel

Hi SorcererMickey!

I too am a GCH devotee! I have also stayed at the DLH. Here are my thoughts on the DLH:

DLH is a very nice hotel, the rooms are large, and have the very cute glow-in the dark Pixie Dust boarder. It also has cute little Mickey hands holding the light fixtures. The room we had, had a king bed, in the Sierra Tower, 6th floor with a DTD view, and yes, we could see the fireworks.

DLH also has a Neverland themed pool, and the more quiet Cove pool, although when I was there, there were teens jumping and splashing about, as well as spitting on each other, but that’s another story… There are lots of places to eat, Crock’s bits & bites, coffee shop etc. I would say this is the perfect hotel for families with little ones.

The down points for me were: No honor bar, just an empty fridge (probably has to do with more kids staying there?), and no door sign that requests your room to be cleaned, just the privacy sign. The other thing that I noticed was there is a frenetic vibe at the DLH, that isn't at the GCH, which I put down to the extreme themeing of the hotel, which is nice. However, with all that said it is a very nice hotel.

You'll have to post your impressions of the DLH after your stay, I'm curious as to what you will think of it! Have a great trip!

• A Pirate's life for me!

We've stayed in the Sierra Tower with a view of DTD and both Parks (and even the baseball diamond on top of the ESPN Zone).

As already mentioned, great views of the fireworks, and some of Fantasmic.

You do get a little of the noise which is generated from DTD (we like to keep the windows open), but we consider that part of the "ambiance". hehe

Enjoy!

• Mountain Dew User

Blog Entries

Aren't the towers being renamed?

• A Pirate's life for me!

^^^^

What, corporate sponsors have taken over the DL Hotel too???

The Lego Tower?

Knott's Tower?

Or God forbid, Magic Mtn Tower?

hehe

• Circle of Ancients

Quote Originally Posted by PirateMickey View Post
    ^^^^

The Lego Tower?

Knott's Tower?

hehe
    No... just the Corporate. Disney bought the Disneyland Hotel about 20 years ago and they are just now deciding to mess with the original Wrather Corporation names. I guess it was bound to happen...

• -

^^^^

The Lego Tower?

Knott's Tower?

hehe
    No, just new tower names to strip the hotel of its history. ...Remember Granville's Steakhouse? Now Steakhouse 55...meh.

• Mountain Dew User

Blog Entries

^^^^

The Lego Tower?

Knott's Tower?

hehe
    Al lutz update said the dream tower, magic tower, and the wonder tower... ....yawn....

Next they will be changeing the name of Disneyland it self.

• WDW Fant! Premiere Cast

Thanks everyone. I am excited to stay here for this trip. I did like the quietness of the GCH, being on the top floor and all. After staying at the Grand concierge for 8 nights last time I couldn't justify spending the money twice in one year. I am not a fan of Paradise Pier so the only other choice was the DLH. Since I'll be on either the 10th or 11th floor I hope the noise won't be that bad. I'm not worried about the DTD noise as I go to bed late, it's the kids running and screaming down the hall at 6am that gets to me. I have a friend in Anaheim who stays with me when I get a room (his couch is so uncomfortable) and we usually stock the fridge with a few bottles of wine from Trader Joe's. As for the pool, I don't swim so that's not a factor for me.

One more question, do all the rooms have balconies?

• Traditional Glow Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by SorcererMickey View Post
    Yes, but they aren't very large. Maybe a foot or two long at the most, which is standard for all rooms except the top level of Bonita. As for which floor you'll be on in the hotel it depends on bedding more than anything else. The 11th floor rooms are generally all single king rooms since the lounge and a variety of suites takes up most of the space.

• Family Man

Quote Originally Posted by SorcererMickey View Post
    The balconies are really nothing to compare to GCH though. At GCH you actually have a space to go outside and sit with the small table and such. At DLH it is just a sliding glass door with a railing, a 6 inch ledge, and that is about it!

• Mountain Dew User

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by rmarino74 View Post
    The balconies are really nothing to compare to GCH though. At GCH you actually have a space to go outside and sit with the small table and such. At DLH it is just a sliding glass door with a railing, a 6 inch ledge, and that is about it!

yep, you can go left and you can go right... but thats it

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast