Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: DCA Plans

DCA Plans

Has anybody seen any plans or concept art for the changes they are planning??

Re: DCA Plans

This link was posted a couple months ago on another board.

http://corporate.disney.go.com/inves.../int/dint.html

It has the Wonderful World of Color, and Carland, etc. Hope that helps

Im not a big Cars fan, but Carland looks awesome.

• Collision speed....FULL!

Can't say much but...

-Villains coaster (way better than it sounds)
    -Ratatouille ride/restaraunt
    -Little Mermaid ride

• Don't Mess With The Duck!

Quote Originally Posted by Nautilus View Post
    Can't say much but...

-Villains coaster (way better than it sounds)
    -Ratatouille ride/restaraunt
    -Little Mermaid ride
    Where did you hear about a Ratatouille ride/restaurant? And where did you read that The Little Mermaid ride was going to be built? Or is this all just hopefullness and guessing?

...Joe...

•   
    • Circle of Ancients

I've seen concept art that, well, "doesn't exist." I love the new DCA entrance. lol Think of a California version of Main Street U.S.A. That's really what the new entrance is.
    -Bill

• Collision speed....FULL!

Quote Originally Posted by JosephTNielsen View Post
    Where did you hear about a Ratatouille ride/restaurant? And where did you read that The Little Mermaid ride was going to be built? Or is this all just hopefullness and guessing?

...Joe...
    I have my sources The execs seem to like the ideas

Quote Originally Posted by JosephTNielsen View Post

...Joe...

There was a rumor about The Little Mermaid taking over the Golden Dreams Thearter area a few months back. I know nothing...I just remember the discussion.
    "Imagination will often carry us to worlds that never were. But without it we go nowhere." --Carl Sagan

• Minion

golden dreams might actually have enough room for the little mermaid

• Don't Mess With The Duck!

Quote Originally Posted by Nautilus View Post
    I have my sources The execs seem to like the ideas
    What are these ideas that you're talking about? If you feel more comfortable PMing me them I'm fine with that too.

Quote Originally Posted by mushufan View Post
    There was a rumor about The Little Mermaid taking over the Golden Dreams Thearter area a few months back. I know nothing...I just remember the discussion.
    Oh good God, that's the worst spot for The Little Mermaid ride. It should go across from Ariel's Grotto. D'UH DISNEY!

...Joe...

• Minion

Blue sky disney just posted some stuff that al didnt back in late may i think.

ill find it

The metamorphosis of Paradise Pier and the Route 66/Bay Area into a detailed, lavish throwback to turn of the century boardwalks will be finished in 2009. Just in time to provide a idealized atmosphere for Walt Disney's Wonderful World of Color show. The entensive retrofitting of Paradise Bay should take about six months, so the walls that go up in January 2008 should be down by summer. Some test will have to be done, but most of that will happen in the off hours after all the guest have gone home. The Jellyfish are currently planned to go the way of the Do Do Bird... removal, for those that have no clue as to what I'm talking about. That area is prime real estate for viewing of the new water show.

The retheming of Screamin' is working it's way through the approval process and there are a couple proposals competing for a "yes" vote. Although Al over at Miceage talked about a "Villains" theme being proposed, it is highly unlikely this will be approved as a new theme for the roller coaster. The logistics of creating an immersive show/scenes with Villains would be very difficult to pull off without the support of being done in an enclosed building, aka: a dark ride. If they decide to do a Villains theme it probably would be applied to the "classic" roller coaster being designed for an enclosed building where MM currently sits. Although the final word has yet to come down, the chances of it being a Villain theme over something else is dimishing with each passing day. No one will know what the final design is until the final budget is approved. The "carnie" games section of the Paradise Pier area will be behind walls next month as they're exteriors are redone to match the new ride. Only about four or five will return. There simply won't be room enough for all seven in the final design of the building

It is likely that after TSMM opens one of two new placemaking projects will get going. The most likely candidate is the Condor Flats area where the current plans are for the area to be rethemed to an mid 20th century airfield in the California mountains. This retheming should be done by the time the new night show opens as well. If not, it shouldn't be more than a couple months later. The other place making project is being decided on as we speak.

The proposal for adding wilderness scenes in the Golden State area is progressing further along in the design phase but nothing has been approved. Everything is being done piecemeal and the projects as a whole may not be approved. Rather, it will go forward in rolling phases. The plan for a train ride around the area does not appear at this time to be going anywhere.

Oh, and as for Carland... most people are confusing what they mean by that. It's not just a movie related land. As it stands now the area will be turned into an area focusing on the California cultural love of automobiles. You know, CAR-LAND? The proposal right now is to theme the land to the 50's to 60's with the Cars ride being the only area of the land that reflects the movie. The Cars movie ride will be an "E" ticket and several "C" and at least one "D" ticket ride in the area. The name has not been settled on yet and could be changed from Carland to Route 66 or something entirely different. Well, that's all I can delve into at the moment. Hope you enjoyed it.

another one

The majority of plans for the Resort over the next 5 years will be for the younger sister park.

There has been talk about taking out a great deal of the rides around Paradise Bay, but plans change daily. The current rumors about the Zephyr being moved cannot be confirmed because the expansion budget has yet to be approved. It is unknown yet if it will be moved. The Orange Stinger will be staying, but the large citris structure will be dismantled and a Victorian stucture more in line with the Midway Mania ride will be put in it's place. There has been talk of expanding the Bay Area from where it is near Golden State down to the area where Route 66 is. This is not happening. The current proposal envision the exact opposite. The Paradise Pier section is going to be continued from TSMM all the way up to the beginning of the Golden State area. The San Francisco buildings are being looked at for retheming to turn of the century Victorian architecture as well. The cheesy surf shops and restaurants would be gone and in it's place a Victorian beer garden dining environment. Mulholland Madness, the bland, off the shelf roller coaster would be history and replaced by an entirely new coaster built in an enclosed Victorian structure. The coaster will be more of a "classic" type coaster based on major Pixar characters, which some speculate will be an exact copy of the Crush Coaster in WDSP, but my sources seriously doubt this because of the existence of Turtle Talk already in DCA and Lasseter is not likely to have two attraction of the same character in one park. The Golden Dreams theater would be rethemed to match newly rethemed areas and a dark ride would be place inside featuring an attraction based on one of everyone's favorite Disney films... fans of WDFA in the 90's should be quite happy. The Block Party Bash will be leaving at the end of 07 and a new one will take it's place early in 2008.

The proposed plans for the park are much more than I could ever have imagined. The designs for Paradise Pier will simply turn that area into a gorgeous detailed Disney theme that draws on the best parts of the past. This will be "the" area to go to in this park. The early "Mictorian" feel of Del Coronado or the Grand Floridian will give you the essence of what to expect. The designs I've seen remind me of the artwork Dan Goozee created for the Plaza Inn section of Disneyland Paris. This will also be the first section done when the "Wonderful World Of Color" water show premieres in 2009.

That's not to say that the rest of DCA won't be getting the layered treatment. Almost everything will get some form of "plussing". And this new plan will not end when DCA celebrates its 10th anniversary. This is a decade long plan. A very well thought out plan. One that includes an incredibly different entrance. One that evokes old Los Angeles, lots of lush trees and greenery. Bye, bye plaza... hello Hollywood! Like walking back into the world Walt encountered during his early years in LA. One might expect to find Clark Gable or the Marx Brothers walking around in front of you. It brings up that kinda feel. Main Street USA will finally have some competition across the Esplanade.

I can truly say that if Lasseter's vision gets approved, and there's a very good chance it will, DCA will be one of the most lavish Disney resorts... transformed from an ugly duckling to a beautiful swan within the next decade. These plans are big and bold. There's talk of expanding the park to where it can handle almost as much as the current Disneyland's capacity. There are many in WDI that are on pins and needles just waiting for the approval of these designs so they can get to work on turning this park into a Disney jewel.

Those of you that have been impatient for news should be rewarded very soon. There should be announcements as to the focus of the resorts made public within the next few weeks. That's right... unless Disney gets cold feet about making it public... the news should be going out over the airwaves by end of summer at the latest.

http://blueskydisney.blogspot.com/
    Last edited by patattack; 07-18-2007 at 04:32 PM.

• Sock Puppet

Those concept pictures look pretty cool

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by DCAFTW View Post
    This link was posted a couple months ago on another board.

http://corporate.disney.go.com/inves.../int/dint.html

It has the Wonderful World of Color, and Carland, etc. Hope that helps
    Unfortunately, Disney’s Annual Report doesn’t give any real insight into the future of DCA. The one picture at the top that gives a hint at Carland is very superficial. I have seen some DCA artwork elsewhere (don’t know where), but much of the enhancements are based on “placemaking” (fancy word for themeing). I think they said the theming would be for different decades being represented in different areas of the park.

Don’t recall any real new attractions being added (outside of the Carland area (set for 2012??). Other than that, it was little things like the fountain show in the wharf area (ever see the fountain show off of the Santa Cruz Boardwalk??? Didn’t think so) and some sort of trolley and other transportation vehicles.

• Adventurer Slash Explorer

The water show looks awsome. I'd love to see that!

And Carland looks uber spiffy too.

• Digging to Earth's center

Quote Originally Posted by bfdf55 View Post
    Don’t recall any real new attractions being added (outside of the Carland area (set for 2012??).
    Wasn't Carland, according to Al in one of his newest articles, going to open in 2009? Or was he just informing us that Cars 2 comes out in 2009?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast