View Poll Results: Which Disneyland Railroad Station is your favorite?

Voters
74. You may not vote on this poll
  • Main Street, U.S.A. Station

33 44.59%
  • New Orleans Square Station

34 45.95%
  • Mickey's ToonTown Station

1 1.35%
  • Tomorrowland Station

6 8.11%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

• I'm a fiddle player......

Re: Favorite Railroad Station

I like tomorrowland because it usually has the shortest line. NOS would have to be second cuz thats where we usually get off at.

• Closed Account

Interesting to read that so many think Frontierland Station is "themed" well. While the setting is quite lovely and evocative, I'm not sure if I'd say the station itself is themed. It's really just a queue area while the station proper is merely a backdrop (although the station across the tracks, as most of you know, was in fact once actually used by guests).

While I love the entire setting, truthfully, if we're going to call it "well themed" and "New Orleans Square" station in the same breath, it actually may be poorly themed (in that it does not look very much like a Louisiana railroad depot. In fact, it's based on a prototype from New York State).

Be that as it may, the overall feeling of the area is very well done, and one can truly feel what it must have been like to ride a train into a small country depot 100 years ago, as the trains take on water and blow down. In that regard, the entire area is very well themed.

Main Street Station, however, is themed. It's interior is accessible, and period props like clocks and scales and baggage are strewn about. Outside, you can peer into the former ticket window on the left, and see a neat little "museum" of railroadiana, looking like a station agent's office. There is also a baggage cart there. Main Street Station is in fact the only railroad building along the line that is used as it should be (Frontierland's station, as well as ToonTown's, are little more than set pieces. Tomorrowland has no station proper at all).

As for me, well, it's a difficult decision. As mentioned, Frontierland's station was far better when it had an observation platform where one could closely examine the locomotive, watch the train take water, etc. There's the "Order Board" signal, the water tank, the telegraph--all wonderful (and sometimes useful) details (ever see WDW RR's water tower?) I could spend hours there. And watching the train come barreling throught the tunnel was great!

At the same time, coming out of the rain on a cold winter evening and walking into the warmth of Main Street Station was always so charming. The conductors milling about, gossiping...the engine crew changing shifts and comparing notes on the locomotive's performance...guests relaxing on benches... kids weighing themselves on the scale...All sights and sounds one might have experienced in a real turn of the century station. And that's the key word: Experience.

I guess that's the one thing that may elevate Main Street Station in my book. The people--both CMs and guests--really bring the station to life; it really becomes the all-immersive experience that Walt was shooting for. Frontierland is great. It looks nice while you stand and wait. But Main Street Station is alive.
    Last edited by Steve DeGaetano; 07-19-2007 at 07:04 AM.

Just curious--How did people used to cross the tracks at NOS to get to the building?
    "The views and opinions expressed on this post are mine and do not necessarily represent or reflect those of The Walt Disney Company."

• Closed Account

The station was actually on the other side (the Park side) of the tracks (like Main Street Station). It was once located very near to where the Blue Bayou stands today.

As Disneyland expanded with the addition of NOS, there wasn't much room for it, so it was moved to where it is today, and a simple shed was built for guests.

• Knight that says Nee!!

I like the theme of NOS for sure but for my favorite I have to go with Main Street since (for me) it is the thing that I can see even from outside the gates and it tells me "I'm back!" I see it and get "that feeling" and my mind just knows it's at DLR and gets into that DLR frame of mind. It's hard to explain, not sure if I did it here well enough.

• Zero Blockout Dates

New Orleans Square Station. The View is fantastic and the ambiance is fun too.
    IMO - YMMV - FYIGM

•   
    • Blind to His Own Faults

FRONTIERLAND Station!! **grumble grumble**

• Closed Account

I agree, Swab. I will continue to call it Frontierland Station out of principle.

• Santa Barbara, CA

DLP Main St.
    "As usual he's taken over the coolest spot in the house"- Father re: Orville 1963

[FONT=Arial Narrow]

• Must Ride Space Mountain

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by patattack View Post
    why are TLs and TTs on here?
    Because I love those stations too. LOL I guess I am the only one who does. Funny many times I go down to TT station and there is no one there.
    I know you, I walked with you once apon a dream. See ya at the park! BFA. (Black Family Alert).

I like the Main St Station the best. I enjoy watching all the people come and go from the park. I also love the breeze that comes through while you are waiting for the train to finish loading....it just makes me feel good.
    "This would be a great place if we could only get rid of all these people." WD

"Women are the best judges of anything we turn out. Their taste is very important. They are the theatergoers, they are the ones who drag the men in. If the women like it, to heck with the men." WD

Individuality is a great thing....as long as we think alike.

• I love this place!

I love browsing through all the Disneyland and Railroad memorabilia in the Main Street Station. The map showing the location of each train on the "grand circle tour" is very cool as well.

I am a fan of the Frontierland Station, not just because New Orleans Square is my home, practically, but also because it's the one I've spent time at with special people. I, for one, would like to see a little more done with the station's theming (suitcases are not just theming, but also seating areas).

•   
    • Blind to His Own Faults

My favorite train station doesn't exist...yet. A true Frontierland station should be built with a surrounding 'Boomtown' (that was for you, SeeNoEvil) around it with unique, themed restaurants, shops, and shows.

I will continue to bring up this plan whenever I see opportunity, until it comes to fruition, or I am banned from MiceChat (the latter being far more likely when considering my relentless 'whining' over Frontierland's lack of identity and a train station ).

• Knight that says Nee!!

Quote Originally Posted by fo'c's'le swab View Post
    My favorite train station doesn't exist...yet. A true Frontierland station should be built with a surrounding 'Boomtown' (that was for you, SeeNoEvil) around it with unique, themed restaurants, shops, and shows.

I will continue to bring up this plan whenever I see opportunity, until it comes to fruition, or I am banned from MiceChat (the latter being far more likely when considering my relentless 'whining' over Frontierland's lack of identity and a train station ).
    I agree. A real Frontierland station rather than a sign saying "Frontierland Station in New Orleans Square" would be great. I would also rather see the TT station named "Fantasyland Station" personally.
    Last edited by Goofy Daddy; 07-19-2007 at 03:19 PM.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast