Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

• Man O Lantern

Re: What do you think of the HOJO across from DL?

We've stayed there many times, four that I can think of, and so have many friends and family. Stay in one of the two-story buildings on the bottom floor (no arch full of sun in the mornings!). We stayed in an arch room once and while I loved the retro-ness of it and the space, the morning was brutal!

The rooms are large and very clean. I've never had a single complaint about HoJo. Call them a day or two ahead of time and talk to Willy and tell him you really care about cleanliness, and I'm sure they'll book you in the cleanest room. They take care of their guests like that!

• Senior Minion

Usually a great hotel. But the rooms can be hit and miss depending on where they put you. Sure is nice to be able to use an AP though to get a discount or mousesavers.com for good rates.
    1st Amendment-Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

•   
    • Circle of Ancients

I've stayed there a couple of times......but it's been a while(last time I stayed there the Accupulco rest. was still operating). I remember loving the grounds and pools. The rooms were just ok---but again, it was a few years since I've been there.
    Waiting for Godot Micechat.com

• Circle of Ancients

I agree with evrything that's been said here so far. The location of the room is very important...you don't want to be on the freeway side and you don't want to be in a room that has the arched windows unless you like sunlight pouring into your room at the crack of dawn. There is a shuttle if you don't want to walk or drive your car . The rooms are clean, but I don't think the beds or towels are all that luxurious. My hubby and I stayed at the Carousel Inn right across the street from DL on one of our recent trips and we really liked it there . The bedroom was small but the bed was great. And the bathroom was huge. Have you checked the rates there for the dates you're going?

• Darkbeer

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by KISSman View Post
    Does anyone know approximately how many minutes of walking it takes to get to the Disney property (like the ART bus area) from the HoJo?
    It is about 6/10th of a mile walk from the lobby to the Main Entrance Plaza, which happenss to be the same distance as the Candy Cane Inn and the Paradise Pier Inn. The Tomorrowland Train Station is basically across the street from the HoJo's.
    Check out my Theme Park Photos at http://darkbeer.smugmug.com

• Reformed Bedknob Twister

The rooms are large and clean, but it's nothing special. Just a place to sleep after a long day.

• off in lala land

We used to stay at the Hojo since we used to get a very good rate there, better than most other places on the strip. It was a timed 7 to 11 minute walk to the park. We stayed in the Suites that they had (there is only 2 of them), which had better amenities than the standard rooms. If we had to stay there again, we would only stay at the suites.

We did stay in the standard room with the arches once and my gripe was the windows and day light that came in. The first day is nice having the sun shine in, but it does get very annoying. The arch window rooms only have stairs in each building, they do not have elevators, so you will have to bring you luggage to the second floor.

The rooms without the arches were ok, nothing spectacular, we had a bottom floor and a patio. It served it's purpose.

Before staying there again, I'd compare other properties first. HoJo is showing it's age - and for the price you may be able to stay closer to the park. If I stayed there again, it would only be in one of the 2 suites they have.
    ...it's been a long time.

• Must Ride Space Mountain

Blog Entries

Cool Re: What do you think of the HOJO across from DL?

I am very happy that HOJO"s rooms have finally dropped in price. For a while there the prices were so high I couldn't believe it. I used to stay there all the time. So much so that the manager knew us. Try to upgrade the room. If you are lucky you can see the fireworks from your room.
    I know you, I walked with you once apon a dream. See ya at the park! BFA. (Black Family Alert).

Blog Entries

I stayed there last July and was very happy with it. We did the walk all 3 days we were there, but knowing you Janine and your fibro I think you guys should drive. Or maybe stroll it once to judge it.

For the price, this hotel was totally worth it. Plus, Mimi's is nice and close!!!

• Vegetarian Disneylander

Sydney, Australia ... where there is no Magic Kingdom :(

I thought the HoJo was pretty nice, although the "lodge style" setting wasn't quite what I expected at first. The rooms themselves were top notch, at least the one I stayed in. Indeed, they were huge, accomodating two double beds and room for a third in between if needed (provided in a generous closet space). We were on the second floor of a lodge, so a great skylight gave the whole thing an even bigger 'feel'. Literally 2 - 5 minutes walk from Downtown Disney, you've also got Mimi's right next door for eatin', and the Dennys and Ihop an i-hop, skip and jump away. Plus, we could sit on our bed and watch the fireworks when we weren't in the park. I'd almost certainly stay there again if I wasn't staying on property on the next trip.
    I don't mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel, but I am, so that's how it comes out. - Bill Hicks

• Closed Account

Stayed at the HOJO at least 4 times now. Only hotel I stay at in the area. You can leave your car in the parking lot there and just walk to the park.

•   
      MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • State sponsored cyclist

We've stayed there several times, including a room on the freeway side. The noise wasn't intrusive as long as the door to the balcony was shut. Best rooms are the Disney view rooms in building 1, but you pay more for them. Free internet in the room is great, but the wire is short, so I bring my own cat-5 cable so I can put the laptop anywhere in the room.

The walk is seven to ten minutes, depending on how energetic you are.

This weekend we are staying at the Ramada Maingate, which is a little pricier, but with a shorter walk.
    Have bicycle, will ride. Finished 2012 with 10,089 miles, 683 hours, and 482,000 feet of elevation gain.
    2013: 201 rides, 8171 miles, 544 hours, 480K feet.
    2014 so far: 6956 miles, 398,000 feet

• Wished I lived closer....

I have stayed there a few times, building #1, #2 & I believe #5. Never a bad time, friendly helpful staff. The rooms are nice & large. I always slept good. They have small fridges in the rooms. Mimi's restaurant is across the street. It does not take long to walk to & from the park but you can always get ART passes if you think it might be an issue(for after all day in park).

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Where should we go next?

Blog Entries

I just stayed there ac few days ago. Bluiding 1, facing the freeway. It was pretty pricey - so $69 is a steal!!! No archway so the room was nice and dark (yay!) and couldn't hear the freeway at all (yay). Ate breakfast on the balcony. It was so cool.

The room was HUGE and very clean. It had a sink w/the toilet and another outside the area. Plus a coffeemaker and a mini fridge and lots of space. I totally forget to take pics

The bed was fine and the pillows were too (but I used 1 of my own).

I think you got an excellent deal and will enjoy it!
    Good morning, son
    In twenty years from now
    Maybe we'll both sit down and have a few beers
    And I can tell you 'bout today
    And how I picked you up and everything changed
    It was pain
    Sunny days and rain
    I knew you'd feel the same things...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12