Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Banned User

What do you think of the HOJO across from DL?

In December I made reservations at the Howard Johnson's across from DL, for 7 nights. I got a killer deal too, with my Entertainment book. It's only $69 a night. (Not half bad for that time of year, IMHO.) Anyway---has anyone stayed there, and, if so....is it nice? I mean, I need VERY clean and cozy beds. It doesn't have to be the Ritz Carlton, however, I do need for it to be super duper clean. I will freak OUT if it's not! ha! I'd love opinions. I know Dec. is far away, but, I need to figure out something else if not there. We normally stay at Homewood Suites, but, for that same week their price is outrageous, and I refuse to pay that price. I'd rather spend that moolah at DL, or just save it!

Thanks folks!

• Still wants to be a cat!

Re: What do you think of the HOJO across from DL?

We have booked quite a few Micechatters there with no problems or complaints.....I'm sure you will be just fine.
    Mom, remember, it's not what a person is like on the outside that counts,
    it's what they are like in their HEART!

- Wolfette

•   
    • Dept. 41 and Club 55

I stayed there in march of 2004 .. nice room .. was in the outside building, right above the swimming pool .. nice clean hotel, quiet .. highly recommended.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by wolfy999 View Post
    We have booked quite a few Micechatters there with no problems or complaints.....I'm sure you will be just fine.
    Thanks Wolfy!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Sosai X View Post
    I stayed there in march of 2004 .. nice room .. was in the outside building, right above the swimming pool .. nice clean hotel, quiet .. highly recommended.
    Thanks to you too Sosai!

I figure the price can't be beat! And, the close proximity can't either!

• GO DBACKS!!

Put in a request to stay in bldg 2 or w/ a theme park view in bldg 1. You don't want to be on the side that faces the freeway in bldg 1, the noise is pretty bad. Other than that, this is the hotel we usually stay in if not in one of the resort hotels. We are staying there Aug. 1-5.

Also keep in mind that the walk to the park is OK but it is further than most hotels that are right across the street and many people think it is too long, especially after a long day at the park.

MiMi's cafe next door is excellent!!

It wasn't me, it was Lisa!

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by Earkid View Post
    Put in a request to stay in bldg 2 or w/ a theme park view in bldg 1. You don't want to be on the side that faces the freeway in bldg 1, the noise is pretty bad. Other than that, this is the hotel we usually stay in if not in one of the resort hotels. We are staying there Aug. 1-5.

Also keep in mind that the walk to the park is OK but it is further than most hotels that are right across the street and many people think it is too long, especially after a long day at the park.
    !!
    We may drive....I have fibro and it's hard for me to walk far after a day at the park and we always rent a car. I know....lame! ha! Thanks, my friend for the great suggestion. I will email the guy at HOJO and request that building. I did upgrade the room, so, it's not the bare bones one, but, just one step up.

• no flash photography...

I have stayed there twice. the first time was a very nice room, no complaints. The second time was a very crappy room. Cobwebs in the vaulted ceiling part. the room just seemed old and speaking of the vaulted ceiling part, it had windows on both ends and they were not covered so the whole room lit up at day break. yeah, I hated that room...the only thing i really enjoyed was the free internet.

• Incognito

Blog Entries

For roughly the same price I prefer the Holiday Inn on Walnut. I wasn't too impressed with HoJo's to be honest. The beds were pretty squishy, and that darn window arch thingy with no way to block the morning sun was too much (I like it DARK in my hotel rooms)

Maybe a room without that stupid window arch would have been acceptable, but I'll stay at HoInn before HoJo's again.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by SCUBAbe View Post
    I have stayed there twice. the first time was a very nice room, no complaints. The second time was a very crappy room. Cobwebs in the vaulted ceiling part. the room just seemed old and speaking of the vaulted ceiling part, it had windows on both ends and they were not covered so the whole room lit up at day break. yeah, I hated that room...the only thing i really enjoyed was the free internet.
    So, what building were you in, Scubabe? I want to avoid that one!!! Are ALL rooms like that? I HATE light in the morning because we are NOT morning people. (Haven't seen the rope drop once!) haha!

Quote Originally Posted by Olympicnut View Post
    For roughly the same price I prefer the Holiday Inn on Walnut. I wasn't too impressed with HoJo's to be honest. The beds were pretty squishy, and that darn window arch thingy with no way to block the morning sun was too much (I like it DARK in my hotel rooms)

Maybe a room without that stupid window arch would have been acceptable, but I'll stay at HoInn before HoJo's again.
    Thanks O-nut! I will call and see if they offer a discount too. I am all for switching, it's December afterall, so, I have plenty of time. That's why I'm tossing it out now.

By the way....HOInn sounds hilarious!!!!!!!! (I am such a child! ha!)

• GO DBACKS!!

Quote Originally Posted by I Heart Disneyland View Post
    We may drive....I have fibro and it's hard for me to walk far after a day at the park and we always rent a car. I know....lame! ha! Thanks, my friend for the great suggestion. I will email the guy at HOJO and request that building. I did upgrade the room, so, it's not the bare bones one, but, just one step up.
    I remember you telling me about your condition so that's why I mentioned it. Driving is always good if they don't put you at the very back corner of the structure,

The rooms that have the uncovered arch windows, and the older rooms are in bldgs 3+ Just stick to bldg 2 and you can't go wrong. Those rooms are the newest, just remodeled a few years ago.

When are you going J, if you don't mind my asking?

It wasn't me, it was Lisa!

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by Earkid View Post

The rooms that have the uncovered arch windows, and the older rooms are in bldgs 3+ Just stick to bldg 2 and you can't go wrong. Those rooms are the newest, just remodeled a few years ago.

When are you going J, if you don't mind my asking?
    It would be the first week of December, for our wedding anniversary which is Dec. 4. So, I have reservations from the 1st - 8th.

• Shablagoo!

Have you considered the best Western Park Place Inn and Mini-suites? They are usually cheap and clean.

We have always liked that hotel. Clean and nice. It is a bit of a walk, farther than it seems after a day in the park.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by Melonballer View Post
    Have you considered the best Western Park Place Inn and Mini-suites? They are usually cheap and clean.
    Nope! I sure haven't, but, I will! We have stayed at Homewood Suites for years, but, this time they want about $149 a night. Not going to happen! I like that it's a 2 room suite though, because I have insomnia and I can never get to sleep when my hubby does. Last November we got it for $116 a night and THAT was well worth it!

• Progressive Disneylander

I'll be staying there in a month from now for the first time in 17 years so this thread is certainly of interest to me.

Does anyone know approximately how many minutes of walking it takes to get to the Disney property (like the ART bus area) from the HoJo?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast