Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 29
  1. #1

    • Banned User
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    18,922

    What do you think of the HOJO across from DL?

    In December I made reservations at the Howard Johnson's across from DL, for 7 nights. I got a killer deal too, with my Entertainment book. It's only $69 a night. (Not half bad for that time of year, IMHO.) Anyway---has anyone stayed there, and, if so....is it nice? I mean, I need VERY clean and cozy beds. It doesn't have to be the Ritz Carlton, however, I do need for it to be super duper clean. I will freak OUT if it's not! ha! I'd love opinions. I know Dec. is far away, but, I need to figure out something else if not there. We normally stay at Homewood Suites, but, for that same week their price is outrageous, and I refuse to pay that price. I'd rather spend that moolah at DL, or just save it!

    Thanks folks!

  2. #2

    • Still wants to be a cat!
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    2.4 Miles from Disneyland
    Posts
    7,149

    Re: What do you think of the HOJO across from DL?

    We have booked quite a few Micechatters there with no problems or complaints.....I'm sure you will be just fine.
    Mom, remember, it's not what a person is like on the outside that counts,
    it's what they are like in their HEART!


    - Wolfette

  3. #3

    •   
    • Dept. 41 and Club 55
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Planet Selectro, in the Andromeda galaxy
    Posts
    2,032

    Re: What do you think of the HOJO across from DL?

    I stayed there in march of 2004 .. nice room .. was in the outside building, right above the swimming pool .. nice clean hotel, quiet .. highly recommended.

  4. #4

    • Banned User
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    18,922

    Re: What do you think of the HOJO across from DL?

    Quote Originally Posted by wolfy999 View Post
    We have booked quite a few Micechatters there with no problems or complaints.....I'm sure you will be just fine.
    Thanks Wolfy!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by Sosai X View Post
    I stayed there in march of 2004 .. nice room .. was in the outside building, right above the swimming pool .. nice clean hotel, quiet .. highly recommended.
    Thanks to you too Sosai!

    I figure the price can't be beat! And, the close proximity can't either!

  5. #5

    • GO DBACKS!!
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    PhotoRadar Hell
    Posts
    3,195

    Re: What do you think of the HOJO across from DL?

    Put in a request to stay in bldg 2 or w/ a theme park view in bldg 1. You don't want to be on the side that faces the freeway in bldg 1, the noise is pretty bad. Other than that, this is the hotel we usually stay in if not in one of the resort hotels. We are staying there Aug. 1-5.

    Also keep in mind that the walk to the park is OK but it is further than most hotels that are right across the street and many people think it is too long, especially after a long day at the park.

    MiMi's cafe next door is excellent!!


    It wasn't me, it was Lisa!

  6. #6

    • Banned User
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    18,922

    Re: What do you think of the HOJO across from DL?

    Quote Originally Posted by Earkid View Post
    Put in a request to stay in bldg 2 or w/ a theme park view in bldg 1. You don't want to be on the side that faces the freeway in bldg 1, the noise is pretty bad. Other than that, this is the hotel we usually stay in if not in one of the resort hotels. We are staying there Aug. 1-5.

    Also keep in mind that the walk to the park is OK but it is further than most hotels that are right across the street and many people think it is too long, especially after a long day at the park.
    !!
    We may drive....I have fibro and it's hard for me to walk far after a day at the park and we always rent a car. I know....lame! ha! Thanks, my friend for the great suggestion. I will email the guy at HOJO and request that building. I did upgrade the room, so, it's not the bare bones one, but, just one step up.

  7. #7

    • no flash photography...
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    In my own little world..
    Posts
    13,287

    Re: What do you think of the HOJO across from DL?

    I have stayed there twice. the first time was a very nice room, no complaints. The second time was a very crappy room. Cobwebs in the vaulted ceiling part. the room just seemed old and speaking of the vaulted ceiling part, it had windows on both ends and they were not covered so the whole room lit up at day break. yeah, I hated that room...the only thing i really enjoyed was the free internet.

  8. #8

    • Incognito
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    6,469
    Blog Entries
    49

    Re: What do you think of the HOJO across from DL?

    For roughly the same price I prefer the Holiday Inn on Walnut. I wasn't too impressed with HoJo's to be honest. The beds were pretty squishy, and that darn window arch thingy with no way to block the morning sun was too much (I like it DARK in my hotel rooms)

    Maybe a room without that stupid window arch would have been acceptable, but I'll stay at HoInn before HoJo's again.

  9. #9

    • Banned User
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    18,922

    Re: What do you think of the HOJO across from DL?

    Quote Originally Posted by SCUBAbe View Post
    I have stayed there twice. the first time was a very nice room, no complaints. The second time was a very crappy room. Cobwebs in the vaulted ceiling part. the room just seemed old and speaking of the vaulted ceiling part, it had windows on both ends and they were not covered so the whole room lit up at day break. yeah, I hated that room...the only thing i really enjoyed was the free internet.
    So, what building were you in, Scubabe? I want to avoid that one!!! Are ALL rooms like that? I HATE light in the morning because we are NOT morning people. (Haven't seen the rope drop once!) haha!

    Quote Originally Posted by Olympicnut View Post
    For roughly the same price I prefer the Holiday Inn on Walnut. I wasn't too impressed with HoJo's to be honest. The beds were pretty squishy, and that darn window arch thingy with no way to block the morning sun was too much (I like it DARK in my hotel rooms)

    Maybe a room without that stupid window arch would have been acceptable, but I'll stay at HoInn before HoJo's again.
    Thanks O-nut! I will call and see if they offer a discount too. I am all for switching, it's December afterall, so, I have plenty of time. That's why I'm tossing it out now.

    By the way....HOInn sounds hilarious!!!!!!!! (I am such a child! ha!)

  10. #10

    • GO DBACKS!!
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    PhotoRadar Hell
    Posts
    3,195

    Re: What do you think of the HOJO across from DL?

    Quote Originally Posted by I Heart Disneyland View Post
    We may drive....I have fibro and it's hard for me to walk far after a day at the park and we always rent a car. I know....lame! ha! Thanks, my friend for the great suggestion. I will email the guy at HOJO and request that building. I did upgrade the room, so, it's not the bare bones one, but, just one step up.
    I remember you telling me about your condition so that's why I mentioned it. Driving is always good if they don't put you at the very back corner of the structure,

    The rooms that have the uncovered arch windows, and the older rooms are in bldgs 3+ Just stick to bldg 2 and you can't go wrong. Those rooms are the newest, just remodeled a few years ago.

    When are you going J, if you don't mind my asking?


    It wasn't me, it was Lisa!

  11. #11

    • Banned User
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    18,922

    Re: What do you think of the HOJO across from DL?

    Quote Originally Posted by Earkid View Post

    The rooms that have the uncovered arch windows, and the older rooms are in bldgs 3+ Just stick to bldg 2 and you can't go wrong. Those rooms are the newest, just remodeled a few years ago.

    When are you going J, if you don't mind my asking?
    It would be the first week of December, for our wedding anniversary which is Dec. 4. So, I have reservations from the 1st - 8th.

  12. #12

    • Shablagoo!
    • Offline

    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Bremerton, WA
    Posts
    8,909

    Re: What do you think of the HOJO across from DL?

    Have you considered the best Western Park Place Inn and Mini-suites? They are usually cheap and clean.

  13. #13

    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    97

    Re: What do you think of the HOJO across from DL?

    We have always liked that hotel. Clean and nice. It is a bit of a walk, farther than it seems after a day in the park.

  14. #14

    • Banned User
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    18,922

    Re: What do you think of the HOJO across from DL?

    Quote Originally Posted by Melonballer View Post
    Have you considered the best Western Park Place Inn and Mini-suites? They are usually cheap and clean.
    Nope! I sure haven't, but, I will! We have stayed at Homewood Suites for years, but, this time they want about $149 a night. Not going to happen! I like that it's a 2 room suite though, because I have insomnia and I can never get to sleep when my hubby does. Last November we got it for $116 a night and THAT was well worth it!

  15. #15

    • Progressive Disneylander
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Philly
    Posts
    1,240

    Re: What do you think of the HOJO across from DL?

    I'll be staying there in a month from now for the first time in 17 years so this thread is certainly of interest to me.

    Does anyone know approximately how many minutes of walking it takes to get to the Disney property (like the ART bus area) from the HoJo?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. [Question] Anyone stayed at HOJO lately?
    By I Heart Disneyland in forum So. Cal. Hotel Reviews
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 12-11-2008, 11:18 AM
  2. Hojo deals??
    By marcnat in forum So. Cal. Hotel Reviews
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 05-13-2008, 04:06 AM
  3. Hojo
    By Mr. Lightyear999 in forum Community Outpost
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 10-17-2007, 08:45 PM
  4. HoJo Questions
    By Jolie in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 11-30-2006, 08:03 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •