Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

• Fancy that...

What would you want as a third gate at DLR?

What would you want as a third gate at DLR

Hi alot of you might not know me but im a new member and just recently foud out how to start threads(Aura of Foreboding) a few of you might of seen my idea already but here it is-

My idea for a third gate at DLR would be called Discovery Kingdom. This idea incorperates Disneysea and Animal kingdom. If you doubt my idea just wait for my explanation. Ok, so as most of you know it would be pretty easy to incorperate disneysea into "discovery"(mysterious island, Meditiranian harbor, and basicly all of disneysea, especially port Discovery)
    animal kindom could fit in like this-Africa safari,asia everest, Dinoland(discovery of creatures of yesterday) but so if you think about it it fits very well.So now to talk about its "lands" It could be like this- Mediteranian harbor, Mysterious island(w/ journey to the center of the earth and 20,000 leages),Africa(w/ real animals,animal lodge hotel,Asia(everest, kali river rapids),(it could be divided w/ earth and Sea and all the fronteirs) just think of all the possibilities that can come out of Discovery Kingdom!

well if you'd like to comment on my idea please do and tell me what you'd add. if you like my idea that is, if not then tell me what you'd put as a third gate at DLR.

• Destroyer of Mallcore

Re: What would you want as a third gate at DLR?

I can't wait to see these places in their ORIGINAL LOCATIONS. I think we need something completely fresh no matter how great those other places are.

Now, I'll turn that little mouse's dream into a nightmare Fantasmic!

Six Flags just renamed Marine World to "Discovery Kingdom."

As for a third gate, I vote a heavily themed water park.

• Not like Crocodile Dundee

Adelaide, South Australia (8199 miles from DL)
    Blog Entries

I hate to get all realistic on you, but the space available wouldn't be enough for a zoo.

But I'm with you on getting a third gate that even approaches the quality of place that is DisneySea.
    Disney FAQ#275: What is DCA?
    DCA stands for Disney Construction Area. All the Cast Members are themed with hard hats and steel toed boots.

• Destroyer of Mallcore

i'd like to see a theme park with a mythology theme, or at least a land(Norse mythology specifically)

Now, I'll turn that little mouse's dream into a nightmare Fantasmic!

• Golden State of Mind

Movie Studio
    Marquis d'Bod of the RCMC... always and forever

• Golden State of Mind

a real one . . .
    Marquis d'Bod of the RCMC... always and forever

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Master Gracie View Post
    Movie Studio
    Isn't that what the eastern side of DCA is meant to be?
    DCA stands for Disney Construction Area. All the Cast Members are themed with hard hats and steel toed boots.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Master Gracie View Post
    a real one . . .
    Oh, okay then

• AKA: Indyiluvu

No third gate untill DCA is fixed

• Minion

disney seas without the discovery port or delta port

Rideland.

No lands, just a bunch of randomly themed kick-a E ticket attractions, with a giant resturtant in the middle.

• Progressive Disneylander

If Anaheim truly wants to be a vacation resort for more than just California residents, it needs to create a park unlike any found in Orlando. It needs to be something that doesn't rely on recreating attractions from other parks in order to be successful.

For an original concept, I'd maybe like something with a Lord of the Rings type of feel to it. A grand, fantasy medieval sort of vibe, if you will.

In this sort of park, I could envision large, stunning structures including castles, large gates, statues, etc. I want it to be the kind of place that makes you say "Wow!" from the moment you walk in. I want it to have that overwhelming feeling that you get when you watch the characters enter Jurassic Park for the very first time in the movie.

There really would also be a lot of creative freedom for them to craft fantastic characters and attractions that have less limitations than you might find in more rigidly themed parks based on sea, space, or animals.

Disneyland and the Magic Kingdom are the most successful Disney parks partly because they are the only parks truly devoted to a full-fantasy experience. The other parks are all based somewhat on realistic concepts. I would love to see this 3rd gate go full-tilt with fantasy and go crazy with theming out the wazoo.

Quote Originally Posted by KISSman View Post
    If Anaheim truly wants to be a vacation resort for more than just California residents, it needs to create a park unlike any found in Orlando. It needs to be something that doesn't rely on recreating attractions from other parks in order to be successful.

For an original concept, I'd maybe like something with a Lord of the Rings type of feel to it. A grand, fantasy medieval sort of vibe, if you will.

In this sort of park, I could envision large, stunning structures including castles, large gates, statues, etc. I want it to be the kind of place that makes you say "Wow!" from the moment you walk in. I want it to have that overwhelming feeling that you get when you watch the characters enter Jurassic Park for the very first time in the movie.

There really would also be a lot of creative freedom for them to craft fantastic characters and attractions that have less limitations than you might find in more rigidly themed parks based on sea, space, or animals.

Disneyland and the Magic Kingdom are the most successful Disney parks partly because they are the only parks truly devoted to a full-fantasy experience. The other parks are all based somewhat on realistic concepts. I would love to see this 3rd gate go full-tilt with fantasy and go crazy with theming out the wazoo.
    That sounds awesome, so pretty much a park sized land.
    Wicked.

No Disney sea why not be original. Why do all the resorts need to be duplicates of eachother. Besides TDS has a uch larger land area why would you squeeze Disney sea into a third gate here.

Indiana jones already in disneyland
    TOT already in Disneyland

Some of the other attractions coudl easily be incorporated into a new theme or one of the other two gates.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast