How do I get an old pic from Disney?

My parents worked at the park in 80s and my dad was a sweeper and a lead. I learned recently that there used to be an old picture backstage of main street after the parade (maybe the 30th bday parade)and my dad sweeping up the confetti. I was a huge picture that might have taken up the whole wall. I was planning on writing to Disney asking if it was still up (even after the renovations) or if somebody could take a picture of the picture.

Does anybody know if Disney would do this or will I get a "thank you for writing and we have no idea what you are talking about" response? My dad worked for 10 years at the park and it would mean so much to me.

Thank you for your hekp in advance!!!

• Fighter Pilot

Re: How do I get an old pic from Disney?

no idea what you are talking about

• I'll pencil this in later

have no idea what disney owuld do.. but it's worth a try, i say!

I guess its worth a try. I wonder how long it takes to get any response?? lol. Thanks for your help!!

• "Always On The Move..."

I hope you get someone to get a copy of that pic for you. I don't know how receptive Disneyland will be though... for the 50th my sister and I tried to donate a number of pics taken of the original business that was there (where MainGate is), as our family had bought our business from the original owners. The original owners had sold the land to Walt for Disneyland and they had a ton of pics of not only their business, but some of the original demolition and then construction.

Unfortunately we got a HUGE "That's nice, but we're not interested." from Disney. We wanted to donate them as it would have been a nice tribute to Mom, Dad, and the original owners.

Good Luck!
    Quote Originally Posted by migo View Post
    I poop with joy!
    Best Quote...EVER!!!

Member of the Black Cat Owners Association #6

• Former Loiterer

Where's Opus? Isn't he the KING (it's good to be the king!) of all things archival? He might at least know where to send you on your quest.

Good luck!
    All I needed to know in life, I learned at MiceChat.
    And kindergarten.

Quote Originally Posted by AlohaStitch View Post
    I hope you get someone to get a copy of that pic for you. I don't know how receptive Disneyland will be though... for the 50th my sister and I tried to donate a number of pics taken of the original business that was there (where MainGate is), as our family had bought our business from the original owners. The original owners had sold the land to Walt for Disneyland and they had a ton of pics of not only their business, but some of the original demolition and then construction.

Unfortunately we got a HUGE "That's nice, but we're not interested." from Disney. We wanted to donate them as it would have been a nice tribute to Mom, Dad, and the original owners.

Good Luck!
    Thats what I'm afraid of getting a "why would we help you" letter back. Thats sad that they didn't take your pictures. They would have been nice in the 50 years exhibit.