DCA - Where would YOU begin?

So, the budget is set...where would you start first?

I think over at Paradise Pier since they already have the walls up...maybe a back to front approach may be best for the park. Of course IM most excited about a new entrance to the park and IM sure the sun thing will come down. IM thinking the new entrance will look something like MGM's entrance and Tokyo's American Waterfront. One thing the entrance needs is a "weenie" (Disney lingo for a large structure) at the end of it to draw crowds.

P.S. This is really sad...I live in Florida and thanks to a trip to Disneyland I now hate WDW. lol....Well, not hate...but Disneyland sure makes WDW parks look pretty lame....Yes, even Epcot...I don't even know what the theme of that place is anymore. Sad to say I enjoyed California Adventure much more than my recent visit to WDW.

• Minion

Re: DCA - Where would YOU begin?

I would rename it. Bulldoze all of Pradise Pier except TSM!, bulldoze the bay area and the wharf. I would also bulldoze Monsters Inc., Who wants to be a Millionaire and the abandoned restraunts by Monsters Inc. In that space I would build a huge dark ride. I would turn the Golden State Area into a national park area and add a highly themed coaster and a boat ride like POTC. Most of Paradise Pier (to the right of TSM!) will turn into Mysterious Island from TDS. The area around TSM! would become PIXAR land. ITTBAB would be moved to Pixarland and some kiddie flats could be put there so we can bulldoze Flik's Fun Fair. TDS's Port Discovery can be where Flik's Fun Fair is now. Any land between Port Discovery and Pixarland can be TDS's Arabian Coast with an Aladdin E-Ticket Magic Carpet thrill ride.
    Last edited by GhostHost2; 07-19-2007 at 11:48 AM.

• MiceChat Moderator
    • back to basics

I would figure out what the theme of the park was going to be and go from there. Without that figured out you could have the same mess we have now.

ErikAnders.smugmug.com

Fratsor Brother - ΔΜΧΑ

1519, 4066, 423, 600, 2469, 378, 5044, 888

• Stop That!

Quote Originally Posted by WDWSageoftime View Post
    One thing the entrance needs is a "weenie" (Disney lingo for a large structure)
    I'm kind of surprised they didn't put a giant weenie in there to begin with (and I don't mean the Disney kind!). This IS California after all...

• ~Mambo Italiano~

I start over in holleywood!

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by SILVERMOUSE21 View Post
    I start over in holleywood!
    Hollywood would be the easiest land to fix. My suggestions for Hollywood were in my previous post on this thread. Also they need to just call the area Hollywood because last time I checked a backlot wouldn't have a 199 feet tall hotel.

I would like to see them add some transportation. A monorail line from Tomorrowland to the Pier would be cool.

• Nor-Cal D-Land Fan

I would start over by grizzly river rapids and continue the California national parks theme with another attraction and maybe a restaurant. I would start here because i think it needs less work than paradise pier and if the area gets a few more cool things it could draw attention away from other portions of the park while they get fixed up.