View Poll Results: Why haven't the lines for Finding Nemo ballooned out of control?

Voters
85. You may not vote on this poll
  • The Weather

10 11.76%
  • The Passholders

11 12.94%
  • The Attendance

15 17.65%
  • The Guests

6 7.06%
  • The Buzz

12 14.12%
  • The Ride

31 36.47%
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

• MiceAge Columnist
    • Dateline Disneylander

Re: Finding Nemo - What's going on?

Quote Originally Posted by MrLiver View Post
    There was a time long ago that folks would come out for a new Disneyland attraction no matter what. The lines for Indiana Jones were upwards of 4 hours for months after it opened, and that summer Disneyland did amazing business. To say that Finding Nemo, in 2007, cannot draw the same record crowds that Indy did in 1995 seems to suggest that either the problem is with the ride itself, or with a changing society that just doesn't care about Disneyland anymore.
    Indiana Jones Adventure was marketed as the centerpiece of Disneyland's 40 Years of Adventure celebration. Indiana Jones Adventure was marketed as the biggest, most technogolically-advanced attraction since the park opened and it was bundled with the park's 40th Anniversary celebration.

The Subs are mostly being advertised the same way Space Mountain was when it reopened in 2005. Space Mountain: "It's Back!" The Submarine Voyage: "The subs are back!" Perhaps that's a flaw of the marketing team... maybe the subs should have been sold as the biggest attraction in years? Additionally, the Subs is the ONLY thing new that's being advertised this summer. Pirate's Lair doesn't have television spots or billboards, so people aren't making a point to visit that.

The only thing the Subs have to support it is the Year of a Million Dreams... something a lot of people are reportedly not understanding.

Tell me, does this ad really tell what the Year of a Million Dreams is? It ran nationally for quite a while, not telling anybody what the YOAMD was.
    [YOUTUBE]http://youtube.com/watch?v=uX5Cjzsun1A[/YOUTUBE]

Photos, news, and commentary every week from Walt Disney's Magic Kingdom!

| | |

i believe the line isn't longer, which it has been, but i beleive its because of not only the heat, but people i talk to everyday at disney, dont want to wait in a line that is about two hours long in the heat. i think once it starts to cool down and we see the holiday crowds, those lines will be even more. But i have seen the wait at over 120 minutes and that was just in this pass week. the only time i have seen it ninety minutes or less was because of shows and parades that were drawing in the guests.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by flynnibus View Post
    as much as people here wish it was the 'magical, mythological 50th anniv' it probably was just more that Disney had finally finished breaking out of its dark days.. and those that had been staying away gave the park another chance.
    I dont know about anybody else, but I decided to give the park another chance during the 50th. I forget when I went. I think it was 2006 when I started getting curious about what they were doing at the park so I checked out some of the old sites. I had not gone since early 2003 and the Big Thunder incident kept me away.

What did it for me was the Tiki Room refurb. Thats what got me off the fence and into the park. The shakeup at WDI and John Lasseters promises of a new era at Disneyland keep me going.

• Minion

>>The shakeup at WDI and John Lasseters promises of a new era at Disneyland keep me going.<<

Amen. And the repoening of the subs is part of that.

• A Pirate's life for me!

Yeah, even though we only waited about 15 minutes to get on our first time (GAC), it wasn't something that we wanted to go back on right away.

It's good for once a trip, as long as we don't have to wait too long...

• A Pirate's life for me!

Or maybe some folks (like me) feel that no ride is worth waiting three hours in line for.

Whether the estimated wait time was correct or not, it has the perception of being 3 hours, so some folks won't even bother trying.

Not everyone was holding their breath waiting for the ride to open...

•   
    • Skeevy Ray Vaughan

I'm looking forward to the day Nemo is like most other rides with a 30-60 minute wait. I rode it, liked it a ton but refuse to wait 3 hours again. Air-Conditioning means little to me when you spend 3 hours waiting. Hell, Innoventions is air-conditioned I could go in there for 3 hours.

Chad

• Sock Puppet

How was the ride?

• Must Ride Space Mountain

Blog Entries

Cool Re: Finding Nemo - What's going on?

I was told by a very nice CM that PL is kicking Nemo's . The people who planned the ride (imaginers forgot how to spell it) are confused. I said what do you think. It's summer and you are in water but can't get wet. I like the ride personally. I been on it three times and each time the wait was 3 hours but the other lines for other rides were 30 to 40 min.

It's good to here that the lines are short this summer. We are planning to go down next week. Let ya know the wait at that time.
    I know you, I walked with you once apon a dream. See ya at the park! BFA. (Black Family Alert).

•   
    • Skeevy Ray Vaughan

Quote Originally Posted by awesomerocks View Post
    How was the ride?
    I'd give it a B+. In disney terms it's a D+ ticket ride.

If you have been on the subs back in the 80's, the nostalgia alone will leave you satisfied as it did for me. For a new comer to the subs, the animation on the inside is done very well. Rather than becoming a spoiler, I'll just say I was more than happy with the effects as a whole.

Some of the effects were so/so in my opinion thus the reason I gave it a B+. Would I wait 3 hours again? No Would I wait an Hour? Probably if I was with people who haven't been on it before. Would I wait a half-an-hour? Every time I went to Disneyland for many visits.

Hope this helps.

Chad

• Sock Puppet

Yup it helps.I might go in November with a causin whos never gone.I think the ride waits might be longer because evrybody comes down to florida for winter months

• no flash photography...

The longest i would wait for that ride is 20 minutes. It's cute, but not that great. I wouldn't go on it every trip either.

• Little Miss Sunshine

I was just there this past week - and I ended up waiting 1 hour, 15 minutes (around fireworks time), which was shorter than the day lines. I was told the wait earlier was about 3 hours most days (and it looked much longer than the line I waited in).
    Denise

www.mousesteps.com

Favorite TDL Typo:

Quote Originally Posted by TDLFAN View Post
    I think it will give more pipping pervs the reason needed to go parasailing
    on Bay Lake.

• Second Star to the right.

Second Star to the Right and Straight on Till Morning

Quote Originally Posted by MasterGracey View Post
    Tell me, does this ad really tell what the Year of a Million Dreams is? It ran nationally for quite a while, not telling anybody what the YOAMD was.
    http://youtube.com/watch?v=uX5Cjzsun1A
    MG,

You are right in your assessment about the commercial, but that music always brings a tear to my eye.

I do believe in fairies, I do, I do.

Check out my flickr photos!

• MiceAge Columnist
    • Dateline Disneylander

Quote Originally Posted by awesomerocks View Post
    Yup it helps.I might go in November with a causin whos never gone.I think the ride waits might be longer because evrybody comes down to florida for winter months
    (bold mine)

The Finding Nemo Submarine Voyage is located at Disneyland in Anaheim, California. NOT Walt Disney World in Florida.

Photos, news, and commentary every week from Walt Disney's Magic Kingdom!

| | |

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast