Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

• Minion

Re: Would you quit your job to work at Disneyland...

Quote Originally Posted by SpokkerJones View Post
    It's a hypothetical. It's more than obvious that they can't pay cast members $50,000 a year to sell churros.

And why do some people think the AP program is some kind of money drain that Disney is just doing out of the kindness of their hearts for people who like to go to Disneyland a lot? It makes them a ton of money or else they wouldn't be doing it. If the AP program didn't pay for itself you'd think they would have abandoned it a long time ago.

They make more money with the AP program than without.
    Nobody - especially me - said that the AP program was a money drain. Please don't introduce Straw Man issues to support your POV.

The AP program is a money maker overall under a certain set of operating parameters. Obviously they wouldn't continue it if it wasn't.

But under a scenario of greatly increased per capita labor costs - the hypothetical presented - they couldn't afford to have large numbers of people coming in large numbers of times with little or no increase in incremental revenue to support the current number of Cast Members. So their numbers would have to be reduced and the number of guests supportable would have to be reduced which would require eliminating the AP program or revamping it significantly such as limiting visits and times or making it much more costly or some combinatio of those such as tiered or surcharged (per visit) plans.

• I love this place!

Realistically, no. Working at Disneyland would probably ruin the place for me in the long run. Now if I had the creativity and talent to be an Imagineer, that would be a different story...

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by JeffYardDog View Post
    So their numbers would have to be reduced and the number of guests supportable would have to be reduced which would require eliminating the AP program or revamping it significantly such as limiting visits and times or making it much more costly or some combinatio of those such as tiered or surcharged (per visit) plans.
    Yes, they would raise the price of all admission media. Why would they eliminate the AP program and just raise regular ticket prices?

Even if cast members were making large salaries they would benefit from having having 1 day, multiday and annual passes.

It doesn't matter though. The park would still go under because few people are going to pay 300 bucks for a one day ticket or 1,000 for an AP just to pay cast members' outlandish salaries.

• Zero Blockout Dates

Quote Originally Posted by 5hr drive View Post
    Realistically, no. Working at Disneyland would probably ruin the place for me in the long run. Now if I had the creativity and talent to be an Imagineer, that would be a different story...
    Yeah, well, if I could just step into Baxter's job then HECK YEAH!

But is that really working at Disneyland.
    I figure it would fall more under working for WDI and not DL itself wouldn't it?
    IMO - YMMV - FYIGM

Quote Originally Posted by 3rdshiftCM View Post
    Kind of funny, I have been debating going down there and seeing what’s available management wise.

If you find anything let me know -

And on that note: Does anyone know a good way to get a higher level job at the park?

Who says this has to be a hypothetical situation. The Disneyland resort is a huge organization I bet there is something for any one of us if we look hard enough.
    We're devils and black sheep, really bad eggs,
    Drink up, me 'earties, yo ho.

www.ThisHappyPlace.com

• Must Ride Space Mountain

Blog Entries

If I could pull what I'm pulling now in salary? Sure but that ain't going to happen. I don't know if I could afford to live there though. Oh I miss the park so. Next week is too far away.
    I know you, I walked with you once apon a dream. See ya at the park! BFA. (Black Family Alert).

• no flash photography...

no, I don't have patience dealing with the public in that type of an environment and it would get boring really quick. I don't like repetitive type jobs.

If it wasn't working in the parks ...maybe...

Thumbs down Re: Would you quit your job to work at Disneyland...

Quote Originally Posted by whitestrat View Post
    In the recent Miceage article about Disneyland's cast member hiring policies leaving something to be desired, I thought of an interesting question.

It's a given that most folks on these boards are die hard Disney loyalists both young and old, who know that the experiences that guests have with cast members is a big part of what they take home with them.
    We also know that wages and other factors don't make being a frontline CM as desireable a job as it once was.

That being said, if you could make the same money you make at your current job, including any benefits, retirement pensions etc. that you have,
    would you work as a CM just for the sake of making the magic better for guests?
    Upholding Walt's original standards and always going that extra mile to make someone's visit special?

What say you MCers?
    Not a chance. My brother in law works (or did until it changed hands) for Disney in the News media. Lets just say.....no I would not work for Disney.
    Janette

• Long Distance Imagineer

The only way I'd work there is if I were management...and not just Ed Grier's job, higher.

• Directly directed

Absolutely! Heck if I could breathe the air I'd work there now!

•   
    • At one w/ our Disneyness

for the same dough? chuh, yeah!!!! but i'd need to work side by side w/ the suits, or better yet, be one step above the suits...that's my dream roll.

Show me where to sign!!!

Sitting on Pooh's pot

• Wait, what?

Blog Entries

No my commute would be terrible

Quote Originally Posted by aashee View Post
    For the same pay, absolutely.
    Same here. Sadly, the real world is not as magical as Disneyland.
    "To all who come to this happy place, welcome!"

• Don't lets be silly! ºoº

Talking Re: Would you quit your job to work at Disneyland...

We'll if I was able to work "normal" hours as well. Without a doubt! Disneyland is such a wonderful atmosphere. Though there are quite a few guests who seem to have had a stick interested in their rectum at a very young age, the beaming expressions and laughs of the innocence always has brought a smile to my face.

A Job that one already finds their heart in isn't a bad job at all. Though often you need to make a leaving, there of people out there who are involved in jobs that don't pay nearly enough for a rounded social-life, but their love for what they do it is all the pay they need (this happens a lot in non-profits).

So when you don't need to worry about money or time… there isn't a better situation I could Dream of.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast