Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Would you quit your job to work at Disneyland...

In the recent Miceage article about Disneyland's cast member hiring policies leaving something to be desired, I thought of an interesting question.

It's a given that most folks on these boards are die hard Disney loyalists both young and old, who know that the experiences that guests have with cast members is a big part of what they take home with them.
    We also know that wages and other factors don't make being a frontline CM as desireable a job as it once was.

That being said, if you could make the same money you make at your current job, including any benefits, retirement pensions etc. that you have,
    would you work as a CM just for the sake of making the magic better for guests?
    Upholding Walt's original standards and always going that extra mile to make someone's visit special?

What say you MCers?

• Disney for life!~

Re: Would you quit your job to work at Disneyland...

In a heartbeat.

I <3 SPACEMOUNTAIN!!!!!!!!!

http://www.myspace.com/CayaHutch

• Senior Minion

As Sally said above me, In a heartbeat. Anything to live in California again and get to meet some MC'ers. Plus, i'd be able to visit the park if I wanted to on my day off for cheaper.
    Press today is so concerned with cool vs. not cool that they're starting to forget good vs. bad. I'm not sure I'll ever be "cool", but I will always tirelessly strive to be "great". - Josh Groban

Talking Re: Would you quit your job to work at Disneyland...

Quote Originally Posted by *SallyStitches* View Post
    In a heartbeat.

That pretty much sums it up. I tell people now that once I retire, I plan on working at Disneyland. Of course, that will involve moving to California, but I'll be the coolest grandma on the planet!

• Second Star to the right.

Second Star to the Right and Straight on Till Morning

Of course I would.

• I love my family!

Kind of funny, I have been debating going down there and seeing what’s available management wise.

• Destroyer of Mallcore

It would be cool to do some graphic arts for them, perhaps for a new campaign.

Now, I'll turn that little mouse's dream into a nightmare Fantasmic!

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by whitestrat View Post
    In the recent Miceage article about Disneyland's cast member hiring policies leaving something to be desired, I thought of an interesting question.

It's a given that most folks on these boards are die hard Disney loyalists both young and old, who know that the experiences that guests have with cast members is a big part of what they take home with them.
    We also know that wages and other factors don't make being a frontline CM as desireable a job as it once was.

That being said, if you could make the same money you make at your current job, including any benefits, retirement pensions etc. that you have,
    would you work as a CM just for the sake of making the magic better for guests?
    Upholding Walt's original standards and always going that extra mile to make someone's visit special?

What say you MCers?
    Not many of them, for long anyway.

The labor costs would go through the roof, manning levels would go down drastically due to costs and quality with it, and they would have to cancel the AP program and raise entrance fees.

Some might argue that the last items are a mixed bag since eliminating AP's at the same time as decreasing service and support would significantly increase complaints among MC'ers. Which some of them would love and they'd have a lot more time to spend on Micechat doing it without APs.

• Former Cast Member

I defintely would!!

•   
    • Skeevy Ray Vaughan

For the same pay, absolutely.

Chad

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by JeffYardDog View Post
    The labor costs would go through the roof, manning levels would go down drastically due to costs and quality with it, and they would have to cancel the AP program and raise entrance fees.
    It's a hypothetical. It's more than obvious that they can't pay cast members $50,000 a year to sell churros.

And why do some people think the AP program is some kind of money drain that Disney is just doing out of the kindness of their hearts for people who like to go to Disneyland a lot? It makes them a ton of money or else they wouldn't be doing it. If the AP program didn't pay for itself you'd think they would have abandoned it a long time ago.

They make more money with the AP program than without.

• A Forever Dancing Pirate

On the Black Pearl, Caribbean (close to DLR)

I don't have a job yet, but if I did I would!

I'm planning on working there next year anyways. (wish, wish)

EDIT: On the AP thing, I think the make enough money because everytime I go, I see something I want, and next time I visit, I'll buy it. I think this is true for many (mostley female ) APers.
    ~Pearl~
    Yo-Ho, Yo-Ho, A Pirate's Life for Me!

• Zero Blockout Dates

No

DL is my escape from things in the real world like work.
    Where do Disney employees go to unwind? Knott's? SFMM? Lost Bar?
    IMO - YMMV - FYIGM

•   
    • Astigmatic

Blog Entries

Absolutely.

I feel like I should say something more...but that one word summed things up nicely.
    Quote Originally Posted by All4dISNEY
    Words hurt.

Quote Originally Posted by JeffYardDog View Post
    Not many of them, for long anyway.

Some might argue that the last items are a mixed bag since eliminating AP's at the same time as decreasing service and support would significantly increase complaints among MC'ers. Which some of them would love and they'd have a lot more time to spend on Micechat doing it without APs.
    Quote Originally Posted by SpokkerJones View Post
    It's a hypothetical. It's more than obvious that they can't pay cast members $50,000 a year to sell churros.

And why do some people think the AP program is some kind of money drain that Disney is just doing out of the kindness of their hearts for people who like to go to Disneyland a lot? It makes them a ton of money or else they wouldn't be doing it. If the AP program didn't pay for itself you'd think they would have abandoned it a long time ago.

They make more money with the AP program than without.
    Yeah, I meant it in a hypothetical, perfect world, just for fun kind of way.
    I also thought that there were bound to be some people who would say no way due to the fact that they love their job's and perhaps do some kind of important life changing work.
    I only print the newspaper, so yeah, I'd do it

Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast