Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 62
  1. #1

    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    654

    Would you quit your job to work at Disneyland...

    In the recent Miceage article about Disneyland's cast member hiring policies leaving something to be desired, I thought of an interesting question.

    It's a given that most folks on these boards are die hard Disney loyalists both young and old, who know that the experiences that guests have with cast members is a big part of what they take home with them.
    We also know that wages and other factors don't make being a frontline CM as desireable a job as it once was.

    That being said, if you could make the same money you make at your current job, including any benefits, retirement pensions etc. that you have,
    would you work as a CM just for the sake of making the magic better for guests?
    Upholding Walt's original standards and always going that extra mile to make someone's visit special?

    What say you MCers?

  2. #2

    • Disney for life!~
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    1313 Mockingbird Lane
    Posts
    355

    Re: Would you quit your job to work at Disneyland...

    In a heartbeat.


    I <3 SPACEMOUNTAIN!!!!!!!!!


    http://www.myspace.com/CayaHutch

  3. #3

    • Senior Minion
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    9,060

    Re: Would you quit your job to work at Disneyland...

    As Sally said above me, In a heartbeat. Anything to live in California again and get to meet some MC'ers. Plus, i'd be able to visit the park if I wanted to on my day off for cheaper.
    Press today is so concerned with cool vs. not cool that they're starting to forget good vs. bad. I'm not sure I'll ever be "cool", but I will always tirelessly strive to be "great". - Josh Groban

  4. #4

    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Oregon
    Posts
    216

    Talking Re: Would you quit your job to work at Disneyland...

    Quote Originally Posted by *SallyStitches* View Post
    In a heartbeat.

    That pretty much sums it up. I tell people now that once I retire, I plan on working at Disneyland. Of course, that will involve moving to California, but I'll be the coolest grandma on the planet!

  5. #5

    • Second Star to the right.
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Second Star to the Right and Straight on Till Morning
    Posts
    186

    Re: Would you quit your job to work at Disneyland...

    Of course I would.

  6. #6

    • I love my family!
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    The IE
    Posts
    1,468

    Re: Would you quit your job to work at Disneyland...

    Kind of funny, I have been debating going down there and seeing what’s available management wise.

  7. #7

    • Destroyer of Mallcore
    • Offline

    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Chula Vista, CA
    Posts
    1,072

    Re: Would you quit your job to work at Disneyland...

    It would be cool to do some graphic arts for them, perhaps for a new campaign.

    Now, I'll turn that little mouse's dream into a nightmare Fantasmic!

  8. #8

    • Minion
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    2,891

    Re: Would you quit your job to work at Disneyland...

    Quote Originally Posted by whitestrat View Post
    In the recent Miceage article about Disneyland's cast member hiring policies leaving something to be desired, I thought of an interesting question.

    It's a given that most folks on these boards are die hard Disney loyalists both young and old, who know that the experiences that guests have with cast members is a big part of what they take home with them.
    We also know that wages and other factors don't make being a frontline CM as desireable a job as it once was.

    That being said, if you could make the same money you make at your current job, including any benefits, retirement pensions etc. that you have,
    would you work as a CM just for the sake of making the magic better for guests?
    Upholding Walt's original standards and always going that extra mile to make someone's visit special?

    What say you MCers?
    Not many of them, for long anyway.

    The labor costs would go through the roof, manning levels would go down drastically due to costs and quality with it, and they would have to cancel the AP program and raise entrance fees.

    Some might argue that the last items are a mixed bag since eliminating AP's at the same time as decreasing service and support would significantly increase complaints among MC'ers. Which some of them would love and they'd have a lot more time to spend on Micechat doing it without APs.

  9. #9

    • Former Cast Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    ORANGE COUNTY, CA
    Posts
    5,340

    Re: Would you quit your job to work at Disneyland...

    I defintely would!!

  10. #10

    •   
    • Skeevy Ray Vaughan
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Fullerton
    Posts
    37,888

    Re: Would you quit your job to work at Disneyland...

    For the same pay, absolutely.

    Chad

  11. #11

    • Banned User
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    1,638

    Re: Would you quit your job to work at Disneyland...

    Quote Originally Posted by JeffYardDog View Post
    The labor costs would go through the roof, manning levels would go down drastically due to costs and quality with it, and they would have to cancel the AP program and raise entrance fees.
    It's a hypothetical. It's more than obvious that they can't pay cast members $50,000 a year to sell churros.

    And why do some people think the AP program is some kind of money drain that Disney is just doing out of the kindness of their hearts for people who like to go to Disneyland a lot? It makes them a ton of money or else they wouldn't be doing it. If the AP program didn't pay for itself you'd think they would have abandoned it a long time ago.

    They make more money with the AP program than without.

  12. #12

    • A Forever Dancing Pirate
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    On the Black Pearl, Caribbean (close to DLR)
    Posts
    159

    Re: Would you quit your job to work at Disneyland...

    I don't have a job yet, but if I did I would!

    I'm planning on working there next year anyways. (wish, wish)


    EDIT: On the AP thing, I think the make enough money because everytime I go, I see something I want, and next time I visit, I'll buy it. I think this is true for many (mostley female ) APers.
    ~Pearl~
    Yo-Ho, Yo-Ho, A Pirate's Life for Me!



  13. #13

    • Zero Blockout Dates
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    on the ocean within 20 minutes of DLR
    Posts
    1,569

    Re: Would you quit your job to work at Disneyland...

    No

    DL is my escape from things in the real world like work.
    Where do Disney employees go to unwind? Knott's? SFMM? Lost Bar?
    IMO - YMMV - FYIGM


  14. #14

    •   
    • Astigmatic
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    In a sunbeam.
    Posts
    8,676
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Would you quit your job to work at Disneyland...

    Absolutely.

    I feel like I should say something more...but that one word summed things up nicely.
    Quote Originally Posted by All4dISNEY
    Words hurt.

  15. #15

    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    654

    Re: Would you quit your job to work at Disneyland...

    Quote Originally Posted by JeffYardDog View Post
    Not many of them, for long anyway.

    The labor costs would go through the roof, manning levels would go down drastically due to costs and quality with it, and they would have to cancel the AP program and raise entrance fees.

    Some might argue that the last items are a mixed bag since eliminating AP's at the same time as decreasing service and support would significantly increase complaints among MC'ers. Which some of them would love and they'd have a lot more time to spend on Micechat doing it without APs.
    Quote Originally Posted by SpokkerJones View Post
    It's a hypothetical. It's more than obvious that they can't pay cast members $50,000 a year to sell churros.

    And why do some people think the AP program is some kind of money drain that Disney is just doing out of the kindness of their hearts for people who like to go to Disneyland a lot? It makes them a ton of money or else they wouldn't be doing it. If the AP program didn't pay for itself you'd think they would have abandoned it a long time ago.

    They make more money with the AP program than without.
    Yeah, I meant it in a hypothetical, perfect world, just for fun kind of way.
    I also thought that there were bound to be some people who would say no way due to the fact that they love their job's and perhaps do some kind of important life changing work.
    I only print the newspaper, so yeah, I'd do it

Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. How do you quit AOL
    By JJ61 in forum The Tech Lounge
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 10-01-2008, 05:46 AM
  2. I quit work so...
    By barfownz in forum MiceChat Main Lounge
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 03-08-2007, 08:10 PM
  3. I quit!
    By GhostHostJeff in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 62
    Last Post: 09-09-2006, 09:01 PM
  4. vmk - i might quit
    By VolleyGuest in forum Disney Interactive and Game Industry Discussion
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 08-28-2006, 03:36 AM
  5. So I quit my job...
    By monorail_rider in forum MiceChat Main Lounge
    Replies: 56
    Last Post: 04-28-2005, 11:18 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •