Brief Trip Report from 7/1/05:
1) Parking - Park opens at 8:00 AM, but Parking Structure doesn't open until 7:30? If you are planning to get in line early...and parking your car, good luck! Any reason they can't open at 7:00? (Besides $$$, I mean.) At 7:30, the line was well on it's way down ball road, and we got in the wrong line behind...oh...about 30 busses.
2) BADLY NEEDED: EXPRESS LANE FOR PEOPLE WITHOUT BAGS, STROLLERS, PURSES OR BACKPACKS. And yes, I think that there are more than just two or three of us out here. It stinks having to wait behind 12 strollers 80 backpacks and 200 purses when you have...NOTHING TO CHECK! Not expecting sympathy on this one, but it would be nice to just walk through!
3) MONORAIL WAIT TIME: Approaching 50 minutes at times throughout the day. Three things here: a) I would have sworn they had more than two trains. b) If you are not a hotel guest, you are less than pond scum or whale poop. c) They should put up a sign posting wait times and explaining that if you are not a hotel guest you are pond scum and whale poop.
4) BREAKDOWNS: Both Indy and Thunder broke down repeatedly. It's going to be a loooooong Summer!
1) Space Mountain - Wait time was very tolerable - during dinner time (no fastpass) and loved the ride. Disappointed with the effects.
2) Turtle Talk - Kids loved this one. Chah.
3) When we first arrived, we walked on almost every ride, some of them twice. We got to Autopia and it was CLOSED because they DIDN'T HAVE ENOUGH DRIVERS!! (Everyone was racing to Space Mountain.)
4) Remember Fireworks: This gets better every time I see it!
5) I am still astounded that on the Friday of Fourth of July Weekend, we had such good luck with crowds and rides. By 9:00 pm, you could tell everyone had arrived. At 10:30 pm, it took us 6 trams to get back to the parking structure. We forgot about the 2nd Fantasmic wave out of the park. oops.
That's all....if you are going this weekend, brace yourselves! (4th of july weekend...yikes! )