• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Nikon +Disneyland = :)

Blog Entries

Bummers & Cool Stuff 7/1/05

Brief Trip Report from 7/1/05:

Bummers:

1) Parking - Park opens at 8:00 AM, but Parking Structure doesn't open until 7:30? If you are planning to get in line early...and parking your car, good luck! Any reason they can't open at 7:00? (Besides $$$, I mean.) At 7:30, the line was well on it's way down ball road, and we got in the wrong line behind...oh...about 30 busses.

2) BADLY NEEDED: EXPRESS LANE FOR PEOPLE WITHOUT BAGS, STROLLERS, PURSES OR BACKPACKS. And yes, I think that there are more than just two or three of us out here. It stinks having to wait behind 12 strollers 80 backpacks and 200 purses when you have...NOTHING TO CHECK! Not expecting sympathy on this one, but it would be nice to just walk through!

3) MONORAIL WAIT TIME: Approaching 50 minutes at times throughout the day. Three things here: a) I would have sworn they had more than two trains. b) If you are not a hotel guest, you are less than pond scum or whale poop. c) They should put up a sign posting wait times and explaining that if you are not a hotel guest you are pond scum and whale poop.

4) BREAKDOWNS: Both Indy and Thunder broke down repeatedly. It's going to be a loooooong Summer!

COOL STUFF:

1) Space Mountain - Wait time was very tolerable - during dinner time (no fastpass) and loved the ride. Disappointed with the effects.

2) Turtle Talk - Kids loved this one. Chah.

3) When we first arrived, we walked on almost every ride, some of them twice. We got to Autopia and it was CLOSED because they DIDN'T HAVE ENOUGH DRIVERS!! (Everyone was racing to Space Mountain.)

4) Remember Fireworks: This gets better every time I see it!

5) I am still astounded that on the Friday of Fourth of July Weekend, we had such good luck with crowds and rides. By 9:00 pm, you could tell everyone had arrived. At 10:30 pm, it took us 6 trams to get back to the parking structure. We forgot about the 2nd Fantasmic wave out of the park. oops.

That's all....if you are going this weekend, brace yourselves! (4th of july weekend...yikes! )

• Hooterville, USA

<<3) When we first arrived, we walked on almost every ride, some of them twice. We got to Autopia and it was CLOSED because they DIDN'T HAVE ENOUGH DRIVERS!!>>

What does that mean?

This has been a Filmways presentation dahling.

[QUOTE=localdisnyfan]Brief Trip Report from 7/1/05:

2) BADLY NEEDED: EXPRESS LANE FOR PEOPLE WITHOUT BAGS, STROLLERS, PURSES OR BACKPACKS. And yes, I think that there are more than just two or three of us out here. It stinks having to wait behind 12 strollers 80 backpacks and 200 purses when you have...NOTHING TO CHECK! Not expecting sympathy on this one, but it would be nice to just walk through!

I think WDW does it this way.

• Hooterville, USA

[QUOTE=Mickey's Friend]
    Quote Originally Posted by localdisnyfan

I think WDW does it this way.
    I suggested this to my wife who works bagcheck and main gate. Her response was that people who think that they don't need to be searched, do! They are supposed to search jackets and fannypacks that people don't think need to be looked at. The confusion would make for longer lines and annoy even more people.

This has been a Filmways presentation dahling.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Druggas
    <<3) When we first arrived, we walked on almost every ride, some of them twice. We got to Autopia and it was CLOSED because they DIDN'T HAVE ENOUGH DRIVERS!!>>

What does that mean?
    The people at Autopia stated that they needed a minimum number of drivers to get all of the cars out of the parking zone before they could open. As almost everyone in Tomorrowland was headed to Space Mountain, it was nearly 8:30 before they had enough drivers to get it started. Wierd. I've never seen that before.

Also...I messed up on the end of my post stating that our 6 tram wait was due to Fantasmic. That was incorrect. The second showing of Fantasmic was just begining. In reality, we waited until 45 minutes following the fireworks and we STILL had to wait for 6 trams. Amazing.....

• Banned User

[QUOTE=Druggas]
    Quote Originally Posted by Mickey's Friend
    I suggested this to my wife who works bag check and main gate. Her response was that people who think that they don't need to be searched, do! They are supposed to search jackets and fanny packs that people don't think need to be looked at. The confusion would make for longer lines and annoy even more people.
    I have never had to have a jacket searched.. (except at a football stadium)

Though at WDW it is clearly a permanent structure with permanent everything (and fans) and it says.. if you have any purses, backpacks, ext that can hold anything you are to go through the line... if you do not have anything but the clothes on you go through the no bags line... (2 parks have one of these..)

I don't see how hard it would be besides the fact the tents are not permanent structures (while many other things there are..) and it would be hard to do this.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew

Blog Entries
    [QUOTE=figment1986]
    Quote Originally Posted by Druggas

Though at WDW it is clearly a permanent structure with permanent everything (and fans) and it says.. if you have any purses, backpacks, ext that can hold anything you are to go through the line... if you do not have anything but the clothes on you go through the no bags line... (2 parks have one of these..)

I don't see how hard it would be besides the fact the tents are not permanent structures (while many other things there are..) and it would be hard to do this.
    This is what I'm saying.... I don't think it would be tough to put up one station as long as there was adequate signage...no bags or fannypacks...If they're already doing it in WDW, maybe they'll cut us some slack and set it up here.

• Prefect

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by figment1986
    i have seen DL bagcheckers have people (especially guys) open their jackets to do a quick search. nothing like MM patdowns, but it happens. it totally depends on who is doing the search. some are VERY thorough, while others go super fast.

i think the express lane is a good idea, too
    <o>

• Defeats the Huns

Quote Originally Posted by localdisnyfan
    COOL STUFF:

1) Space Mountain - Wait time was very tolerable - during dinner time (no fastpass) and loved the ride. Disappointed with the effects.
    That's cuz all the effects having been turned on. Granted there are only one or two effects that haven't been turned on, but we should all wait til then to past judgement. But it's still cool that Space Mountain was in your "COOL STUFF" section. I definitely had a great time on it!