Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

• Don't Mess With The Duck!

Re: Condor Flats Idea (Sorta)

Quote Originally Posted by Coheteboy View Post
    This concept is why the park needs to be "California" by name ONLY. A land devoted to flight, no matter where we are should be the theme.

Tail Spin is better suited for Tokyo Disney Seas!
    LOL, I'm confused. So are you saying that you agree with my idea 'bout Launchpad, or no? (Sorry, I just got off work and am "out of it.")

Quote Originally Posted by patattack View Post
    he is buzz lighyear on the tv show, he is also on kim possible, and is kronk in emperors new groove!
    LOL, I've never watched the TV version of Buzz Lightyear, nor any episodes of Kim Possible. And as for Emperor's New Groove, I guess I just don't remember much of it 'coz that movie never did one thing for me. I felt like there should have been more done with it. Not to mention David Spade annoys me. LOL

But, I guess after looking at your examples I'll retract what I said about Patrick not being "Disney" enough. I just think that if Launchpad were worked in Soarin' Over California that the ride could become somewhat Disney. The safety video could be like Roger Rabbit in that Launchpad would be the only cartoon character, and everybody else boarding (including the ride) would be "reality."

...Joe...

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Starcruiser.. crash crash

Quote Originally Posted by JosephTNielsen View Post
    LOL, I'm confused. So are you saying that you agree with my idea 'bout Launchpad, or no? (Sorry, I just got off work and am "out of it.")

Hehe sorry... I meant to say that I'm for a meet & greet but most wouldn't understand who he is so I think there needs to be an attraction featuring him. And that would be cool if we jettison the "glory of CA" concept. Because well... Launchpad resides in Duckburg or St. Canard (darkwing duck)... not so much in CA.

Visit my mice chat toy shop!
    http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

Quote Originally Posted by Coheteboy View Post
    Hehe sorry... I meant to say that I'm for a meet & greet but most wouldn't understand who he is so I think there needs to be an attraction featuring him. And that would be cool if we jettison the "glory of CA" concept. Because well... Launchpad resides in Duckburg or St. Canard (darkwing duck)... not so much in CA.
    LOL, thanks.

As for Launchpad not residing in California there could always be a story made that he's here for a layover or something and as he learns about California's flight history the visitor does too.

...Joe...

• Minion

I like the idea though and it doesnt bother me that launchpad doesnt fly in CA so he wouldnt "fit".

• "I Break Things"

Not sure of the "how" but if you have Baloo and Kit then you HAVE to have his "baby", that beautiful cargo plane... it would dwarf Launchpad's. Like I said I have NO CLUE how... but it would be a must! I guess you could retheme it with a branch office for Higher-4-Hire and have it be a "different" plane so it wasn't a seaplane but it needs to be the dual prop cargo type!

I would also love an Aviation museum or History of Flight in CA type exhibit but again lack of room!
    Last edited by techskip; 07-20-2007 at 10:57 PM.
    "Happiness is a Low Water Level"

"Creating magical memories and making Managers cry since 1955!"

• MA Reader Since 2003

You know I usually really like your ideas but I don't know about this one. I dont think this character is popular enough. Besides I was kind of hoping for the National Park placemaking.

"Imagination is more important than knowledge..."
    -Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by Diznyfan View Post
    You know I usually really like your ideas but I don't know about this one. I dont think this character is popular enough. Besides I was kind of hoping for the National Park placemaking.
    Yeah, I know Launchpad isn't really a big seller anymore. I guess what I was kind of hoping is that maybe if this were to ever happen that there could be some sort of interest again in him and DuckTales/Tail Spin.

I think the idea could still work with a Natural Park setting. The plane could just be changed into a water plane. I'm sure Launchpad has flown on in his day. (Or at least crashed one. LOL) Water planes go well with natural parks because of the lakes that they land on.

...Joe...

• MA Reader Since 2003

I really like Ducktales/Tail Spin as well but do you think that a meet and greet could make them more popular? By the way do they still play this on Disney Channel? I guess it could work in a National Park setting but you have to admit that it would be a stretch. It's a shame that Disney hasn't kept these characters in the main stream in the first place.

"Imagination is more important than knowledge..."
    -Albert Einstein

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • It's knittingknurse now.

Blog Entries

Rad idea. Grew up on those cartoons.

Let me just put this out there though:
    1.) Tail Spin is with Baloo. Duck Tales is with Scrooge, Huey, Dewy, Lewy, and Launchpad. I only know this because for some reason I get the "Tail Spin" stuck in my head for days(!!!!) when I hear anything about those 90s cartoons. Tail Spin's theme is "Ohhh eyay Tail Spin, Oh ey oh, Tail Spin. Friends through life through thick and thin with another tail spin." And Duck tales "Duck tales, a woah oh, not something tales or goblin tales no Duck tales!" I can recite most of the theme songs from that era in Disney t.v. and for some reason I am a freak where Duck tales is one, Tail Spin as another and I think people are confusing them.

2.) When I was double checking if I knew Launchpad's life and times... I googled his name. Urbandictionary.com is just gave me an education. So for those of you who want to know who Launchpad McQuack is, don't go to urbandictionary... wikipedia it... Yeah, just FYI.

Like your idea. When I walk by that plane I always think of the first Jessica Simpson video where she's in front of the plane and it's all windy. I have always wondered why that was there.

• I love my family!

As fun as that may be, I have a feeling that the Condor Flats area may not be there much longer.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12