DL President's Day weekend -Good or Bad?

I need some advice from all you Disneyland cast memebers - I have to kick off my annual passport before March 4. I was going to go to DL on Sunday, the 27th, but wait a minute - That's Oscar day! So that takes me back to Sunday the 20th - President's Day weekend. From past experiences, is that whole weekend normally packed? Or just Monday the 21st? Or should I just bite the bullet and take a vacation day from work and go during the week?

• Darkbeer

Blog Entries
    Three Day Holiday weekends do get busier than normal, there is the current "Pay for Disneyland, get DCA for FREE" SoCal promo, and the Advance Purchase 3 day ParkHoppers are the cheapest price ever at $109!

So be prepared for crowds... but the 20th is a great day (go check the calendar section if you don't get the joke
    Check out my Theme Park Photos at http://darkbeer.smugmug.com

• Minion

I went MLK weekend and it wasn't too bad. My girlfriend and I got to do everything we wanted to. And since we are AP holders we went to DL and DCA (or DAPA, Disney's Anual Passholder's Adventure).
    "He gets around you know he knows all the pretty girls." ~ Walt Disney

[QUOTE=Darkbeer]... but the 20th is a great day QUOTE]

...yes, I think it will be for some more that others. Happy early birthday.

• Incognito

Blog Entries
    OH MY GOD! I made the mistake of going Pres Day weekend (I think the Sunday of that weekend) probably around 10 years ago and they were the absolute worst crowds I had ever seen. They had people parking in excess parking, then they shut the park down for new people to come in around 3pm for a few hours. I will never forget that day. Literally we were walking around shoulder to shoulder with everyone else, line times were awful.

I don't know how it's been in recent years, but when friends ask me about that weekend I tell them to steer clear!

Quote Originally Posted by Olympicnut
    They had people parking in excess parking, then they shut the park down for new people to come in around 3pm for a few hours.

....okaay...the 20th is looking better and better....

Quote Originally Posted by Darkbeer
    ... but the 20th is a great day (go check the calendar section if you don't get the joke
    Remind me to buy you a beer. I was debating on going to the park that Sunday because of a little race down in Florida that I usually watch, but I think I'll be at the park. I'll read about the race in the paper on Monday.

• Darkbeer

Blog Entries
    I am thinking about a casual gathering at the Cove Bar that afternoon, need to work on a schedule....

And what are you talking about, some silly NASCAR thing.... It isn't the Orlando 500

• insufferable know-it-all

Remember: you're an AP now. Who cares if it's crowded? You don't have to get on *everything*. Enjoy the environment, crowds and all (yes, it'll be crowded).

Unusually and exceedingly peculiar and altogether quite impossible to describe...

[QUOTE=Morrigoon]Remember: you're an AP now. Who cares if it's crowded? QUOTE]

Good point. I'll have to shake my old habits of getting to the park an hour before it opens, staying an hour after it closes, and running (brisk walking) at the speed of light trying to do everything.

• Darkbeer

Blog Entries
    I presume you are a Premium AP, as February 19th and 20th are blocked out to everyone else...