Page 1 of 10 1234 ... LastLast

• "I Break Things"

Why Frontierland needs Knott's

Haven't been to Knott's in a few years so some of this may be outdated but here is my thought.

Knotts has had the Old West theme for YEARS... they know what they are doing. They have a Stagecoach, Ghost town FULL of eclectic shops and various crafts (XMAS Craft Fair), Old style photographer, Blacksmith, Actual theater that isn't in a saloon, panning for gold, and a really cool leaking water tower that rocks when it's hot outside! Everything from the candle shop to the knife shop screams OLD WEST... I have to say while I am not a huge fan of Knott's overall, they did nail that theme down.

Frontierland has- a bunch of Disney stores that look like the Old West as you run past them on the way to Thunder or someplace else. IF the line is too long you might actually stop and play at the shooting arcade which is the only other official "attraction" in Frontierland (Twain is part of NOS officialy).

Anyone else feel a little cheated here?
    "Happiness is a Low Water Level"

"Creating magical memories and making Managers cry since 1955!"

• Sock Puppet

Re: Why Fontierland needs Knott's

i think i know what you are thinking that Frontierland needs a Ghosttown feel to it or an old wilderness outpost.

• Banned User

In terms of shopping and atmosphere Ghost Town beats the pants off of Frontierland. The shops sell shop specific merchandise. You can even buy swords and replica six shooters there.

• Minion

i love the shops at knotts theres this one that sells all these guns and knives and random antique stuff, i bought an old key there.

well hopefully after tomorrowland gets renovated and lone ranger comes out frontierland will be next up for some renovations and additions, even the entrance looks sad compared to every other land

• Minion

I miss the shopping that used to be in Frontierland (or the rest of the park for that matter). It was cool to go to a different land, and see merchandise that was theme specific. Not just a plush toy that fits the theme, but western themed food, clothing, gifts, etc. It feels like they could try MUCH harder in this regard.

• back in Austin

I totally agree and was wondering about this a few days ago: why aren't all of us micechatters more up-in-arms about the lack of realized potential in Frontierland? Like you said, outside of BTMRR and the theater, there basically isn't anything going on in FL.

Seems like such a waste. Every one of the lands at DL should beckon to you, and each for its own reason. I'm afraid that FL is little more than a passageway to the other lands beyond it.

• Comin' at ya!

I haven't been to knotts in forever...Used to go pretty often (if once every other year is often).
    "Pain is temporary, Film is Forever..."

http://www.youtube.com/user/DisneyDude

• Knight that says Nee!!

Quote Originally Posted by Pirate Lover 68 View Post
    I miss the shopping that used to be in Frontierland (or the rest of the park for that matter). It was cool to go to a different land, and see merchandise that was theme specific. Not just a plush toy that fits the theme, but western themed food, clothing, gifts, etc. It feels like they could try MUCH harder in this regard.

I agree.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by RenMan View Post
    I totally agree and was wondering about this a few days ago: why aren't all of us micechatters more up-in-arms about the lack of realized potential in Frontierland? Like you said, outside of BTMRR and the theater, there basically isn't anything going on in FL.
    Frontierland needs a lot of work but it takes a backseat to Tomorrowland.

The Mark Twain is not part of New Orleans Square, and never has been. The riverboat has ALWAYS been part of Frontierland (officially) since day one, and so has the Columbia for that matter. I've always felt that everytime I think of Old West, I think of dirt paths, tall trees, cacti, renegades, and such. They should have cowboys come out and have a "showdown" with guns (fake, of course). They should bring back the stagecoach and have it travel in the back of of Frontierland, up and down the west banks of the River. I would also like to see a shuttle launch coaster themed to a mining mountain. You could have the train shoot out of a mountain, into a loop, and then have it fall backwards; kind of like Montezooma's Revenge at Knott's. Not only would this attraction be extremely fun, but it also takes up minimal space. They could put it in Thunder Ranch area. They should relocate the docks of the Explorer Canoes to the old Mike Fink Keel Boats dock. When you're walking thru the back paths of Frontierland, you should hear ambient sounds of crickets, nocturnal animals, and faint fiddle music. Zorro should return as a face character.

•   
    • Blind to His Own Faults

Walter Knott relocated an actual Ghost Town's buildings to construct his Frontier town. It is a masterpiece, IMO, and one of the only current bright spots at Knott's Berry Farm.

Frontierland's resurrection is long overdue, and its success does not even require the construction of an 'E' ticket attraction, or any ride, for that matter.

The completion of a true "Frontierland' train station and surrounding Frontier Town with themed, and unique shopping and dining establishments, as well as live shows in a new saloon with can-can girls, and street theatre. This area would support the 'Big Thunder Mountain RR' by providing a honest-to-goodness town of 'Big Thunder'.

• "I Break Things"

I would love to see them add the water tower... not even sure if it is still at Knott's... but that thing was great on a hot day. Someone mentioned a Vaudeville theater instead of the Opera House.... well Knotts already has one and it was always a fun show from what I remember. It just seems that Frontierland isn't what it was. I know when the park opened it had stagecoaches and donkeys and everything that was Old West... but all of that was gutted and now you have BTM '79 and Shootin Gallery '55 and technically BTR but that is on again off again. It also has the most undeveloped land that is readily available. There are countless threads on here but has anyone actually said anything or written anything to Disney?

• Senior Minion

Personally I think that eventually Frontierland will be done away with since today's generation can't comprehend the idea of the frontier ...

Now, to be serious. Frontierland used to occupy a large chunk of Disneyland. As years have gone by it has slowly started to shrink to the point where it is now. A while ago I posted a YouTube video of Frontierland back in the day and there was so much going on ... now it is just so sad to see what is left - especially with the pirate takeover on TSI it seems Frontierland might be on the way out down the line.

• back in Austin

Quote Originally Posted by SpokkerJones View Post
    Frontierland needs a lot of work but it takes a backseat to Tomorrowland.
    Yeah, overall TL has been in the most desperate need of attention, but at least there are plans in the works. Do Baxter or Lasseter have any plans for FL?

• "I Break Things"

Quote Originally Posted by InnerSpace View Post
    The Mark Twain is not part of New Orleans Square, and never has been. The riverboat has ALWAYS been part of Frontierland (officially) since day one, and so has the Columbia for that matter.
    Both managed and operated by NOS/CC Attractions CM's...

Page 1 of 10 1234 ... LastLast