Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

• "I Break Things"

Re: Storybook Refurb?

Quote Originally Posted by Coheteboy View Post
    I'll have to disagree on those ideas and I'll explain why...

-Grandma Willow would be cool to see. A Pocahontas attraction would be even cooler. But Pocahontas is not a "storybook". It's a real girl that Disney spun into a fictitious story based on facts.

-The Forbidden City in Mulan is a real place in Beijing, China. It's HUGE. There's a model of it there and it would literally take up a great big chunk of the entire canal. And... it's not a "storybook". It's a Chinese legend that was written into a poem. Based on a real incident? Nobody knows for sure.

-Notre Dame Cathedral is also a real location. Hunchback of Notre Dame isn't so much a storybook either but a novel. The 'fantasy' element isn't really there.

-Pride Rock... maybe that could work somewhere. But again, not a storybook.

I think EPCOT could have a really cool attraction if they showcased real locations in Disney animated films... that would be wonderful actually. So above, you'd have Pocahontas in the United States. Forbidden City in China. Notre Dame in France. Pride Rock in Africa (though it's made up), etc etc.

The space in Storybook Land is extremely limited. I would like to only see real storybooks take up ownership in that attraction.
    The palace of Agrabagh was inspired by the Taj Mahl and it is an actual Arabic Legend

Pinochio is designed after German Villages

They already have the Dutch Windmill

7 Dwarfs is a classic English Cottage and they have plenty of Castles throughout Europe.

I do not propose to build entire cities or landmarks. I propose to build scenes, Mulan's garden, The Gypsy encampment, poems or legends... everything starts with a story whether the place is real or not.
    "Happiness is a Low Water Level"

"Creating magical memories and making Managers cry since 1955!"

• Digging to Earth's center

Haven't been on this ride forever because of the long lines... but if they expanded ToonTown backwards to add more to ToonTown and Fantasyland, this (storybook canal boats) would be the one I'd like to expand into a Disney mini-city.

It'd be cool to see Indiana Jones or Star Tours here (but it's a storybook ride, so never mind).

Anyway, haven't been there forever so I'm going to ask. Did they have certain things from these movies?:

- Peter Pan
    - Hunchback of Notre Dame
    - Lion King
    - Mulan

If not... add it!! I'd love to see these in the ride, and would go to see it for the first time in nearly seven years.

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Starcruiser.. crash crash

Quote Originally Posted by techskip View Post
    The palace of Agrabagh was inspired by the Taj Mahl and it is an actual Arabic Legend

Pinochio is designed after German Villages

They already have the Dutch Windmill

7 Dwarfs is a classic English Cottage and they have plenty of Castles throughout Europe.

I do not propose to build entire cities or landmarks. I propose to build scenes, Mulan's garden, The Gypsy encampment, poems or legends... everything starts with a story whether the place is real or not.

When I was a kid, I had storybooks about Pinocchio, Arabian Nights (i forget the title), Snow White and the seven Dwarfs, etc. INSPIRED by is perfectly okay, especially if they originated in storybook form.

Visit my mice chat toy shop!
    http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

• Old Timer

There used to be more to the Mr. Toad section than just Toad Hall, they had Ratty's hole and boat, etc.
    And the island in the center is said to be the park where Peter Pan plays.

• Digging to Earth's center

Hey, I know! In a Storybook refurb, they could add Skull Rock! (they don't have it, do they?)

• "I Break Things"

Quote Originally Posted by Coheteboy View Post
    When I was a kid, I had storybooks about Pinocchio, Arabian Nights (i forget the title), Snow White and the seven Dwarfs, etc. INSPIRED by is perfectly okay, especially if they originated in storybook form.
    Still waiting on the other ones... I'll toss in Peter Pan as well since that was London SPECIFICALLY. Again everything that is a legend or a poem begins with a simple story, in some cases the places in that story are real. Forbidden City is real, but where is Mulan's Garden? Notre Dame is real... but how hard would it be to make a Gypsy encampment? It can be done. I know another touchy subject is the giant quilt.... never understood that part... and the 3 windmills... seems like the more you look at it there is room for a minimum 1 or 2 more.
    "Happiness is a Low Water Level"

"Creating magical memories and making Managers cry since 1955!"

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Starcruiser.. crash crash

Quote Originally Posted by techskip View Post
    Still waiting on the other ones... I'll toss in Peter Pan as well since that was London SPECIFICALLY. Again everything that is a legend or a poem begins with a simple story, in some cases the places in that story are real. Forbidden City is real, but where is Mulan's Garden? Notre Dame is real... but how hard would it be to make a Gypsy encampment? It can be done. I know another touchy subject is the giant quilt.... never understood that part... and the 3 windmills... seems like the more you look at it there is room for a minimum 1 or 2 more.

Yup, it's London, which is why you don't see a model of Big Ben in Storybook Land, though they do have a tiny strip of park for Peter Pan. It's pretty random and I think if there was something that could be improved, that would be it, since it's basically a duck hostile now anyway. Skull Rock would be awesome.

But you're not understanding why Mulan's Garden, or a Gypsy Encampment or anything like that is not represented. Because they're not from Storybooks. That's the bottomline. They can be from 'Disney' storybooks but it really doesn't count as a true children's story. It also has to have an element of fantasy, and that's something that Mulan, Pocahontas, Hunchback, etc only have in Disney's version.

Visit my mice chat toy shop!
    http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

• Minion

ORDDU: Not to upset Pocahontas fans, but nothing about her belongs in Storybook Land because she's a historical character--not a fantasyland character. My sisters and I don't like the way Disney decided to treat that entire movie--glamorizing a reality-based tale the way they did. Disney's Pocahontas looks more like an American Indian version of a Barbie doll which, to us, was wrong, wrong, wrong.

ORWEN: But if they must do something for Pocahontas, do it in Frontierland, instead. The Magic Kingdom at Walt Disney World has an Indian Village set up along the Rivers of America that you can see when you take the train around the park or if you're riding the River boat.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12