Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

• A Honorary Autobot

Re: Big Thunder Trail

Quote Originally Posted by techskip View Post
    This may have been mentioned on a different thread, I'm sure someone has had the same thought. How hard would it have been to make a miner's campsite on the edge of the pond in Thunder Trail. You could have one panning for gold, or sleeping in a tent. Also possibly have a horse that would occasionaly look up, drink, and swish it's tail... add in some hoof/leg movement. It seems so simple, would add so much, and yet... nothing.
    I realize I might be making a fool out of myself, but don't we already have two of these? The once Burning Cabin is now a settler's homestead. Across the bridge of the Big Thunder Trail Pond is a small claim jumper's camp:

Well, the camp is just a little off to the left, but you all know what I'm talking about.

• =)

I think changes like these could be cool, though I agree that they should maintain a peaceful atmosphere. IMO, the best approach would be to add elements that are fun to look at, and perhaps make not-too-repetitive and not-too-loud noises...not create elements that make it impossible to ignore them.

• Circle of Ancients

Blog Entries

Careful before you suggest anything - The beavers from Narnia would probably go in there if you wrote Disney about it.

• Circle of Ancients

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by whitestrat View Post
    I would love to see something like this put there, and at night there could be a campfire flickering at the waters' edge, such a simple thing would add such a great
    vibe to that area.
    That would look nice!

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Starcruiser.. crash crash

hehehe... beavers.

Visit my mice chat toy shop!
    http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

It goes through what used to be Bear Country too, and right up next to the Battling elk and on through the Saguaro Cactus forest.

They could do a lot with that area.

Like... put back in the Mine Train. But that is another thread...
    "Say, uh, ever hear of the devil's paint pots? Real mystery of the desert. Bubblin' pots of mud in all kinds of colors."

• "I Break Things"

Quote Originally Posted by NWRREngineer View Post
    It goes through what used to be Bear Country too, and right up next to the Battling elk and on through the Saguaro Cactus forest.

They could do a lot with that area.

Like... put back in the Mine Train. But that is another thread...
    I think the major challenge is the same as Swiss Treehouse. Unlike an attraction where you are guided through scene by scene with no way of stopping... on the trail you can just stand and watch. The "trick" would be to have various animals on their own time loops. That would add randomness to the scene by having different animals moving and interacting at different times. As to the camp by Thunder... this could be an "extension" of it, or another camp entirely.
    "Happiness is a Low Water Level"

"Creating magical memories and making Managers cry since 1955!"

I think it sounds great.

When did you leave Adventureland? Where are you now?

• Once A Skip Always A Skip

I think it would be great if the skunk emitted a Liz Claiborne scent, or perhaps some sort of Tommy Hillfilger, all for the purpose of masking the odor coming from the Smoking Area.
    -"Enjoy the rest of your stay here at Disneyland, where all of your dreams come true...well except for two of them, short lines and cheap food."

• phbbbbbt

Bring back Rufus!!!
    xo, Deanna

• "I Break Things"

Not to burst a bubble but I believe our dear friend was in Critter/Bear Country... although his cave would be a nice addition to Thunder Trail... I imagine the loud sound of snoring rather then the soft echo of a bear growling.

• phbbbbbt

Not to burst a bubble but I believe our dear friend was in Critter/Bear Country...
    Yeah but...

Quote Originally Posted by NWRREngineer View Post
    although his cave would be a nice addition to Thunder Trail... I imagine the loud sound of snoring rather then the soft echo of a bear growling.
    I think he'd be right at home on the trail. I sure miss him. When I was a kid, I'd always stop and listen...

Red Face Re: Big Thunder Trail

Quote Originally Posted by yoyoflamingo View Post
    I LOVE Big Thunder Trail! One of the few places that always seems so peaceful, especially after dark. If the changes were added, I would pray they did not change how magical it is there. It's one of my favorite places in Disneyland.
    can someone tell me where big thunder trail is? maybe i've been on it and don't know it by name...sorry to be stupid; please help

• "I Break Things"

Thunder Trail is the trail that goes along Tunder Mountain into Fantasyland.

• Disgruntled Former CM

Cool Re: Big Thunder Trail

The more I posted and thought about it the more I came back to this thread. I read somewhere that Thunder Trail goes through what used to be "Beaver Valley". How perfect! It would be extremely simple to add beavers to the pond. You could have one chewing on a fallen tree. one whose head would surface in a variety of spots in the water (think like that stupid kid's arcade game of hitting gophers) One building the "home" and another two or three building and maintaining the dam! You could also have a deer or two drinking, the rabbits I mentioned, skunks... so many things you can do with this.
    "Whack A Mole!" becomes "Whack An AA Beaver Valley" - I like it! We're not talking 'the most advanced AA figures ever created' here; the old low-tech animals looked GREAT - and actually were as close to 'real' as they could be (hey, we've all seen the old, ratty, stuffed deer that the National Park Rangers haul out and set up just off of highways to fool / lure hunters into taking a few 'Out O' Season' shots at it; Disneyland's menagerie looked better than that!)

I believe it was the "Disney is above crass fart jokes" line or something to that effect.
    That explains the "Stink Bug" effect in 'It's Tough To Be A Bug' - which the audience LOVES (to hate) by the way...

I love these 'Happy Trail' Ideas...

I think that the Rivers of America, Big Thunder Trail AND RR, and the entire Frontierland area should be 'alive' with little (and BIG) critters to discover; and yes, the 'Snoring Bear' that used to sleep in his cave above the trail to Bear Country (where Splash Mountain is now) is missed; he could start hibernatin' over in Frontierland any time now...

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast