Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 68
  1. #1

    • "I Break Things"
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    California
    Posts
    12,370

    Big Thunder Trail

    I've posted a bit about drastic changes to Big Thunder Trail, but what about subtle ones. How hard would it be to simply add some AA bears or other "frontier" wildlife. Rabbits coming in or out of holes, squirrels possibly a skunk. BTM can be used as the example for this. They call it "Bear Canyon" but the only time you can actually hear the bear growl is when there is no one there.... TURN IT UP... Scare the animals! There is a lot you could put there, make it a 1 hour cycle that way it would be something new besides a fake fish splashing in the water.
    "Happiness is a Low Water Level"


    "Creating magical memories and making Managers cry since 1955!"


  2. #2

    • Progressive Disneylander
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Philly
    Posts
    1,240

    Re: Big Thunder Trail

    I'd like to see all this stuff, but over in Grizzly River Rapids instead.

  3. #3

    •   
    • Circle of Ancients
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Portland, Oregon
    Posts
    15,078

    Re: Big Thunder Trail

    Quote Originally Posted by techskip View Post
    I've posted a bit about drastic changes to Big Thunder Trail, but what about subtle ones. How hard would it be to simply add some AA bears or other "frontier" wildlife. Rabbits coming in or out of holes, squirrels possibly a skunk. BTM can be used as the example for this. They call it "Bear Canyon" but the only time you can actually hear the bear growl is when there is no one there.... TURN IT UP... Scare the animals! There is a lot you could put there, make it a 1 hour cycle that way it would be something new besides a fake fish splashing in the water.
    Great idea....but then we would have entire threads devoted to whether or not the skunk really emitted an odor or not
    Waiting for Godot Micechat.com

  4. #4

    • "I Break Things"
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    California
    Posts
    12,370

    Re: Big Thunder Trail

    Quote Originally Posted by sleepyjeff View Post
    Great idea....but then we would have entire threads devoted to whether or not the skunk really emitted an odor or not
    Easy enough.... I mentioned this as a Thunder CM... ANY Skunk that has it's tail up should automatically have a combination squirt gun/mist effect! Imagineering LOVED it... Management ehhhh not so much. And you wonder why the ADV office didn't exactly cry at my departure!
    "Happiness is a Low Water Level"


    "Creating magical memories and making Managers cry since 1955!"


  5. #5

    • MiceChat Moderator
    • Super Duper!
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    TARDIS
    Posts
    6,069

    Re: Big Thunder Trail

    I really like this idea. A simple way for the park to start with this, is just move the bears from ROA back over here, where they started. It would be bringing back some of the area's history, as well as bring motion and 'life' to the trail.

  6. #6

    • Don't Mess With The Duck!
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Santa Rosa, California - USA
    Posts
    3,640

    Re: Big Thunder Trail

    But...but...but...that would take away from the quiet and my ability to take a nap. LOL

    (Sorry guys, I just HAD to do it.)

    As for the ideas, I love them. Why did management not like the squirting skunk idea? (Aside from them being morons.)

    ...Joe...

  7. #7

    • "I Break Things"
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    California
    Posts
    12,370

    Re: Big Thunder Trail

    Quote Originally Posted by JosephTNielsen View Post
    Why did management not like the squirting skunk idea? (Aside from them being morons.)
    I believe it was the "Disney is above crass fart jokes" line or something to that effect. I had the Imagineers ROLLING at the mere thought of it. My other thought for the dynamite shack was a flame/fart combination (flame effect on shed, mist effect from skunks and loud "Boom" behind you)... As I said I was somewhat known in the lower WDI circles for a few creative thoughts and stunts... Management HATED it!
    "Happiness is a Low Water Level"


    "Creating magical memories and making Managers cry since 1955!"


  8. #8

    • Don't Mess With The Duck!
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Santa Rosa, California - USA
    Posts
    3,640

    Re: Big Thunder Trail

    Quote Originally Posted by techskip View Post
    I believe it was the "Disney is above crass fart jokes" line or something to that effect. I had the Imagineers ROLLING at the mere thought of it. My other thought for the dynamite shack was a flame/fart combination (flame effect on shed, mist effect from skunks and loud "Boom" behind you)... As I said I was somewhat known in the lower WDI circles for a few creative thoughts and stunts... Management HATED it!
    I don't know about the shack idea, but I do love the squirting skunk thing. And as for Disney being "above crass fart jokes," um...that isn't a fart joke. It's a play off of an animal's natural defense. I can hear kid's laughing and giggling at the thought of getting "misted" by a skunk. It would probably be the only time they could ever get it done to them and end up coming out of it happy. LOL To me THAT'S Disney!

    ...Joe...

  9. #9

    • "I Break Things"
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    California
    Posts
    12,370

    Re: Big Thunder Trail

    This may have been mentioned on a different thread, I'm sure someone has had the same thought. How hard would it have been to make a miner's campsite on the edge of the pond in Thunder Trail. You could have one panning for gold, or sleeping in a tent. Also possibly have a horse that would occasionaly look up, drink, and swish it's tail... add in some hoof/leg movement. It seems so simple, would add so much, and yet... nothing.
    "Happiness is a Low Water Level"


    "Creating magical memories and making Managers cry since 1955!"


  10. #10

    • Animatronic
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    1,860

    Re: Big Thunder Trail

    The Skunk fits with the "Hard Facts that made America" so I'm all for it!

  11. #11

    •   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Where should we go next?
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    All smiles at the DL!
    Posts
    20,517
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: Big Thunder Trail

    I do think that it'll take away from the peace and tranquility of that area.
    Are he fish over there by the bridge not turned on anymore?
    Good morning, son
    In twenty years from now
    Maybe we'll both sit down and have a few beers
    And I can tell you 'bout today
    And how I picked you up and everything changed
    It was pain
    Sunny days and rain
    I knew you'd feel the same things...





  12. #12

    • MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • How do you do?
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Chickapin Hill
    Posts
    10,907
    Blog Entries
    6

    Re: Big Thunder Trail

    I LOVE Big Thunder Trail! One of the few places that always seems so peaceful, especially after dark. If the changes were added, I would pray they did not change how magical it is there. It's one of my favorite places in Disneyland.
    It's a Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah...Tip for Today!










  13. #13

    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    658

    Re: Big Thunder Trail

    Quote Originally Posted by techskip View Post
    This may have been mentioned on a different thread, I'm sure someone has had the same thought. How hard would it have been to make a miner's campsite on the edge of the pond in Thunder Trail. You could have one panning for gold, or sleeping in a tent. Also possibly have a horse that would occasionaly look up, drink, and swish it's tail... add in some hoof/leg movement. It seems so simple, would add so much, and yet... nothing.
    I would love to see something like this put there, and at night there could be a campfire flickering at the waters' edge, such a simple thing would add such a great
    vibe to that area.

  14. #14

    • MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • How do you do?
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Chickapin Hill
    Posts
    10,907
    Blog Entries
    6

    Re: Big Thunder Trail

    Quote Originally Posted by whitestrat View Post
    I would love to see something like this put there, and at night there could be a campfire flickering at the waters' edge, such a simple thing would add such a great
    vibe to that area.
    I love that idea! A campfire at night would make it even more magical!
    It's a Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah...Tip for Today!










  15. #15

    • "I Break Things"
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    California
    Posts
    12,370

    Re: Big Thunder Trail

    The more I posted and thought about it the more I came back to this thread. I read somewhere that Thunder Trail goes through what used to be "Beaver Valley". How perfect! It would be extremely simple to add beavers to the pond. You could have one chewing on a fallen tree. one whose head would surface in a variety of spots in the water (think like that stupid kid's arcade game of hitting gophers) One building the "home" and another two or three building and maintaining the dam! You could also have a deer or two drinking, the rabbits I mentioned, skunks... so many things you can do with this.
    "Happiness is a Low Water Level"


    "Creating magical memories and making Managers cry since 1955!"


Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. [Question] Big Thunder Trail and Mountain closed 7/17, late night- Why?
    By dland_lover in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 35
    Last Post: 07-21-2009, 04:10 PM
  2. What to do with Thunder Trail
    By techskip in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 87
    Last Post: 07-03-2007, 07:32 PM
  3. Cars / Nature's Wonderland / Big Thunder Trail
    By XterraceEmp in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 06-27-2007, 01:48 PM
  4. Marijuana Smell at Big Thunder Mtn Trail?
    By barfownz in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 29
    Last Post: 11-22-2006, 07:33 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •