View Poll Results: Would you like to see a "Flight Of The Navigator" ride added to Tomorrowland?

Voters
29. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes!

8 27.59%
  • No!

7 24.14%
  • Unsure - it depends on the ride.

11 37.93%
  • I don't care one way or the other!

2 6.90%
  • Other (please explain)

1 3.45%

• Don't Mess With The Duck!

"Flight Of The Navigator" Ride In Tomorrowland?

I was thinking it would be cool to have a time travel ride in Tomorrowland based off of "THe Flight Of The Navigator." Max could be involved in the ride somehow. We get to encounter all the different aliens that were on his spaceship, plus a few new ones.

There's more to be done with this idea, I know. But what do you guys think?

...Joe...

• Minion

Re: "Flight Of The Navigator" Ride In Tomorrowland?

max as in goofys son?

i do like time travel rides though

Quote Originally Posted by patattack View Post
    max as in goofys son?

i do like time travel rides though
    No, Max is the alien guy in Flight Of The Navigator. Here's a picture of the cover. Max is the robotic looking guy on the right.

...Joe...

• Comin' at ya!

Never seen the movie so I don't really have an opinion...
    "Pain is temporary, Film is Forever..."

http://www.youtube.com/user/DisneyDude

• Minion

wow i thought u made that name up, i had no idea that movie existed!

• Stop That!

I suspect they'd be better off coming up with a completely original attraction. While the movie might be a great inspiration and starting point, it's probably not enough of a "classic" to warrant the kind of investment an elaborate new ride would require...

• :)

I've never seen that movie before, it looks like one of those Corny movies from 30 years ago we would watch in Middle School Science Class.

• "I Break Things"

Use the really cool steps and effects and what not from the movie as inspiration, much like they ripped off the original War or the Worlds concepts.

Honestly though I doubt everyone would be able to identify with it.
    "Happiness is a Low Water Level"

"Creating magical memories and making Managers cry since 1955!"

• Banned User

Well WHY NOT.
    Paul Reubens is already in Star Tours...he can reprise his role as "Max" on the ride.

It was actually a great sci-fi movie.
    This kid from the 60s gets knocked out and this alien encodes all of these star-charts into his brain.
    It was a pretty good budgeted movie. Plus, it was one of Sarah Jessica Parker's first big roles. Funny bit of trivia.
    Ed O'Neal (from Married with Children) was originally going to be cast as Dr. Faelon, but the studios were worried about his "image" on TV. And that is from my brain, and not Wikipedia :P

• Minion

We already have a space travel ride in Star Tours, so I'd rather see a ride inside the computer (TRON) or the world of the atom (Adventure Thru Inner Space) than a duplicate experience.

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Starcruiser.. crash crash

I just clicked "unsure - depends on the ride" but as soon as I put that, my brain went a spinning... spinning back to my childhood when I saw the movie and fell in love with it, wishing there was a ride like that.

BUT... at the same time, my thoughts on this would be "ABSOLUTELY NOT" for Disneyland since a ride like this would need to be a motion simulator of some sort and we already have Star Tours. One land shouldn't have too much of the same thing in my opinion.

But.... what if.... FOR MAGIC KINGDOM! Think about it for a sec. None of them are thrilled to have MONSTERS INC, LAUGH FLOOR. Star Tours is at MGM Studios. Timekeeper is an old favorite in a way. And MAX from Flight of the Navigator is FROM THE FUTURE! Tomorrowland? CHECK. It'd be perfect!

A motion simulator in Magic Kingdom's Tomorrowland! An actual new RIDE in Magic Kingdom's Tomorrowland! A DISNEY property in Magic Kingdom's Tomorrowland! Pee Wee Herman in Magic Kingdom's Tomorrowland!

I can think of a new movie about it too. He's from the future right? Who says he can't come back! And there were a ton of aliens living in the vessel too so imagine all the cool toys and plush that could be involved as well.

Wow... this is an idea I think has a lot of merit. I want it to happen!

Visit my mice chat toy shop!
    http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

•   
      MiceChat Senior Moderator
    • Jester of Randomness

Trying to keep it light and fluffy since '05...
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by BoogaFrito View Post
    I suspect they'd be better off coming up with a completely original attraction. While the movie might be a great inspiration and starting point, it's probably not enough of a "classic" to warrant the kind of investment an elaborate new ride would require...

Unfortunately I think this might be the case... look how many people in this thread have never even heard of the movie. But like Coheteboy said... given the right venue and theming... it has possibilities.

Its a great movie though. Sure, its a bit campy and dated by todays standards but we love this movie. We rented it so many times, we finally broke down and just bought a copy. Much like The Rocketeer movie.... which didn't do well, but which is another of our family favorites...

Help me get more security in Pingvinivlle! Click here!

Quote Originally Posted by AGhostFromThePast
    all you need to know about the mommy stick is.. out of all the bad things that could happen to you... it's right between wetting yourself and death.

• Digging to Earth's center

yay!!!! Time travel!! Now THAT'S futuristic! Love the idea!

Quote Originally Posted by BoogaFrito View Post
    I sadly have thought the same thing. But a thought came to me that the ride itself could be called something completely other than "Flight Of The Navigator's Time Travel" or whatever. It could be a Timekeeper type or ride, but Max is just the sidekick that comes along and helps you to the different dimensions and eras of life.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeus View Post
    I've never seen that movie before, it looks like one of those Corny movies from 30 years ago we would watch in Middle School Science Class.
    In a sense it is corny, but it's a really fun and great movie. If you get a chance go to your local video rental store (or Netflix) make sure you rent it. It's definately worth it!

Quote Originally Posted by techskip View Post
    Use the really cool steps and effects and what not from the movie as inspiration, much like they ripped off the original War or the Worlds concepts.

Honestly though I doubt everyone would be able to identify with it.
    Yeah, the staircase effect would be an awesome edition to this ride!

Quote Originally Posted by TheManator View Post
    Ed O'Neal (from Married with Children) was originally going to be cast as Dr. Faelon, but the studios were worried about his "image" on TV. And that is from my brain, and not Wikipedia :P
    Wow, I never knew that! Thanks for the info.!

Quote Originally Posted by merlinjones View Post
    We already have a space travel ride in Star Tours, so I'd rather see a ride inside the computer (TRON) or the world of the atom (Adventure Thru Inner Space) than a duplicate experience.
    The movie isn't just about space travel. There's more of a storyline to it than that. What my ride concept entails is time travel. Just because Max is from outer space doesn't mean that we have to travel around the universe. Yes, that could be a big part of it, but what about "accidently" going back in time to the ice age? Going back to the dinosaur age. With time travel outer space isn't just the only region that could be explored.

Quote Originally Posted by Coheteboy View Post
    I just clicked "unsure - depends on the ride" but as soon as I put that, my brain went a spinning... spinning back to my childhood when I saw the movie and fell in love with it, wishing there was a ride like that.

BUT... at the same time, my thoughts on this would be "ABSOLUTELY NOT" for Disneyland since a ride like this would need to be a motion simulator of some sort and we already have Star Tours. One land shouldn't have too much of the same thing in my opinion.

But.... what if.... FOR MAGIC KINGDOM! Think about it for a sec. None of them are thrilled to have MONSTERS INC, LAUGH FLOOR. Star Tours is at MGM Studios. Timekeeper is an old favorite in a way. And MAX from Flight of the Navigator is FROM THE FUTURE! Tomorrowland? CHECK. It'd be perfect!

A motion simulator in Magic Kingdom's Tomorrowland! An actual new RIDE in Magic Kingdom's Tomorrowland! A DISNEY property in Magic Kingdom's Tomorrowland! Pee Wee Herman in Magic Kingdom's Tomorrowland!

I can think of a new movie about it too. He's from the future right? Who says he can't come back! And there were a ton of aliens living in the vessel too so imagine all the cool toys and plush that could be involved as well.

Wow... this is an idea I think has a lot of merit. I want it to happen!
    I'd really like to see this concept get installed into Disneyland, but if it could be better suited elsewhere I'd be fine with it. Besides it could give people a reason to go to the other park. Thanks for the encouragement!

Quote Originally Posted by penguinsoda View Post
    Unfortunately I think this might be the case... look how many people in this thread have never even heard of the movie. But like Coheteboy said... given the right venue and theming... it has possibilities.

Its a great movie though. Sure, its a bit campy and dated by todays standards but we love this movie. We rented it so many times, we finally broke down and just bought a copy. Much like The Rocketeer movie.... which didn't do well, but which is another of our family favorites...
    It's a great film indeed! It definately has its following!

Quote Originally Posted by FinalAdventure View Post
    yay!!!! Time travel!! Now THAT'S futuristic! Love the idea!
    Thanks!

...Joe...

• Directly directed

That movie creeped me out as a kid. I'd want to see it again before saying yay or nay. Course it does fit better than most of the Tomorrowland attractions and that at least makes it a good idea.